Apr. 23, 2024
1:06 PM BST

A hundred Little Suggestions

By:

George Welch.4019
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 10/30/2012 at 08:16 PM

A Hundred Little Suggestions

Hello All. I Decided to attempt to Write 100 suggestions for the Website.

No I don't think all of these will be neccessary. But you never know one might be popular.

Also these most likely will have some in depth items, as I am attempting to create a list of 100, which when you like a website, is rather hard to do. Especially if its well made.

I also realize that Fog is quite the busy man so I don't expect him to put all of these into the site, but rather do a quick scan of the list and maybe go "hmm that sounds neat" lol.

Note this List isn't Complete simply due to the fact that it is really hard to find a way to improve this site :)

1. Put in an Add Image button To the Content Hot Bar when creating new topics.
  2. Put in an option of Vacation to Account Status Section of Account settings.
  3. Put in an option to add multiple Email Addresses to Email Adress Section of Account settings.
  4. Put in Guild Feature in Options Section of Account settings. So that one could quick join/reference the guild they are part of.
  5. Put in a Feature that Shows which Guild a Member is in.
  6. Put in a Feature that Shows how old a member is Next to shown Forum name. 
  7. Add a feature in Which Guild Leaders can send a guild wide noticed to all roostered members.
  8. Put in a Feature in SoR Mail that allows one to add specific contacts.
  9. Add New Section "Gallery" In which one can submit a image to the gallery. Though for obvious reasons I believe this would have to be implemented with a Mod/Admin approval feature.
  10. Put in a Filter option under member for Commanders.
  11. Add Feature tab to Discussion section that allows a user to see all Topics they created.
  12. After Event system is fully created, perhaps add a marketplace system that interacts with it.
  13. After Event Section is fully created, implement a calendar option next to Account Settings | SoR Mail | Logout in the top right of the Browser window.
  14. Site feedback may already be this. Add a Help Desk Sub section to Discussions Section of SoR.com
  15. Add short discriptions to Each subsection to of Discussions section of SoR.com telling what these subsections generally cover.
  16. Add a News Sections to SoR.com that members can go to for Patch/Server/Game Update information.
  17. Add a Internal Clock system for the Website that is the same as Server time(PST). This clock would be displayed.
  18. Put in an Add Image button to Account Signature Section of Account settings for non-HTML sauvy people.
  19. Add a Primary World vs World time slot to Make a Guild application. So that if a guild wants to, they can list a time when they believe their primarily in World vs World.
  20. Add a feature where the creator of a Topic is able to Delete their topic. 

Hope to attempt to finish the list later if possible. As I said in the beggining this is a very well made website so it is quite difficult to come up with 100 suggestions :) 

» Edited on: 2012-10-30 20:20:07

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

George Welch.4019

Replied On: 10/30/2012 at 09:45 PM

By the way this is an open forum list. Meaning if you Like/dislike/would like to adjust a suggestion on the list please be sure to say so :)

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/30/2012 at 10:42 PM

I think I just found a new grey hair. Thanks man :P. There's a lot I have planned much of which you mentioned. But at the moment I'm currently building 9 different websites which is eating up most of my time. Once the air clears ill be improving this site. I wanted to give you all something to use in the meantime. Hence this wee little site. Just remember I don't get paid for this so paying jobs come first ;) be patient. I'm here for the long haul. I think it will be fun to look back at this post 5 years from now and see how much has changed lol.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Sprong.4963

Replied On: 11/02/2012 at 08:25 AM

it'd be cool if the current scores for our WvW matchup could be displayed on the side bar. Could steal the info from
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/02/2012 at 12:29 PM

I can provide a link to them. Unfortunately stealing other coders work is highly frowned upon and unless they provide a xml stream of it, it would be highly disrespectful for me to rip his site to populate ours.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved