Mar. 28, 2024
10:00 PM GMT

PC Help running the game & Bringing new SOR Members :D - PAX East Offer

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 03/05/2015 at 11:50 AM

Hi guys and gals!!!

Im still on vacation but i heard the PAX East game offer news and im bringing more ppl to our server to help us fight in wvw, most of them are from old guilds ive made in latin mmorpg servers or global ones,

I wanted to ask ya help towards what is needed for running the game i have 2 chilean friends that when they use this websites "can my pc run.... GW2" get that they cant, nonetheless i have friends running the game on cheaper/older PCs and laptops,

Maybe some1 knows what is the minimum required,

Anyways wanted to share the news that is everything goes fine i hope i can get 5 more ppl here to be wvw and pve active :D

Here are the specs and sorry for the spanish,

and Vcard

I think its more than enough, any help appreciated!!!

Miss you all guys a lot :3

X O X O X

p.d: we slowly going more and more into SOR ts dont worry :D

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 03/05/2015 at 01:56 PM

Theres only 4gb of ram.  quality ram with quick response time is only marginlly more expensive than junk ram.  

Theres amd cpu and nvidia gpu,  prolly no real problems there and maybe im just superstious but i dont like mix those brands.

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 03/05/2015 at 04:04 PM

Guild Wars 2 is 75% off March 6–8

On March 6–8, we’re offering both the Guild Wars 2 Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition for 75% off* to celebrate our WTS Finals and the playable demo ofGuild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns at PAX East! Already a Guild Wars 2 player? Tell your friends so they can get ready for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns by picking up this award-winning MMO that has captivated millions of gamers worldwide and experience a constantly evolving fantasy world where their actions make a difference.

Get Guild Wars 2 starting tomorrow and save!

*Offer applies only to Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from March 6, 2015, at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8) through March 8, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7)."

Uh yeah what Eko said :) also if i am not mistaken the graphics does not depend so much on a video card than it does with the processor?

» Edited on: 2015-03-05 16:08:32

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 03/05/2015 at 05:19 PM

Eko and Jeff both are right on. Good ram is worth a couple bux more, and gw2 is mainly Dependant on processor, a good HD or SSD does wonders also. I use below minimum specs since my rig died, and on low settings and native resolution its pretty playable. 

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Running_the_game

Some ppl have great lucking minimizing frame rate in gw2 gfx settings, and turning vertical sync and triple buffering on. Which I've tried vsync and didn't help or make worse. There's also some game software that helps cut a lot of the programs you have running that you don't need when you enter a game. There's a few more tricks to try if your friends have problems. If they do, I have some sites bookmarked at home I can pass along, let me know if they do and I'll post them. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Commander Fildydarie.1496
   Member of Fluffy Bunny Brigade

Replied On: 03/06/2015 at 02:40 AM

My daughter uses the following PC for GW2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883266595

It doesn't maintain 30FPS even on lowest settings, and a lot of graphical features are turned off, but it runs, and is playable.  In world boss fights and big WvW battles it is unplayably bad, dropping to a couple seconds per frame... but it is also running the Intel on-chip graphics.  I certainly don't recommend it, but as a baseline for "can this play...", it establishes a lower bound.

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 03/06/2015 at 05:45 AM

That build doesnt even have a gpu...

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 03/06/2015 at 06:23 AM

Thought my laptop was sub optimal, GPU or not prob the same fps I get around groups of 15+ ;)

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 03/06/2015 at 04:26 PM

Guys tyvm for the great help!!!

I send my friends the serials so well be testing  on sunday most probably how it runs on theyre pcs!!!

Give em hell tonight, wish i was there with of all of ya but i return Sunday midday to the airport :D

XOXOX

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 03/06/2015 at 05:36 PM

We'll save you a couple bags and a commander spoon for Sunday ;) 

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 03/07/2015 at 05:51 AM

I just built a new PC for running GW2, however I did it more because I decided to give my folks my old one.  My old PC I feel was probably perfect for most gamers.  I5 2500k with 16 gigs of ram and GTX 470.  Guild Wars is really not a GP hog, almost any graphics card will support it well enough, but you really have to insure your processor is up to the task in order to run graphics higher then minimal.

Here is what Anet has stated about minimums...  

• Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
  • 25 GB available HDD space
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • Keyboard and mouse

I am assuming with these minimums you will have to have your settings all on low, and may experience lag, probably wont be all that enjoyable, but the more modern you can get on each of the listed items(especially the processor) the better you will be.  I5's are perfect in my opinion, especially if you can allow them to safely overclock.

I have gamed on my I3 laptop...  It will work, but only on lowest settings and I have had to avoid large groups to be most effective.  Not sure of the rest of the specs on the laptop.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved