London
Apr. 23, 2024
7:57 AM BST

Bottom-feeder League Spring GvG Invitational

By:

adrielle.2109

Posted On: 03/30/2015 at 06:17 AM

Good morning Sanctum of Rall!

As you may know from reading this post, we've been working hard to get the bottom-tier GvG scene up and running. And thanks to your help, it's off to a great start! Many guilds have registered their contact info on our community spreadsheet and used that info to schedule GvGs and scrims. If you or your guild would like to get involved - simply request access to the linked spreadsheet, comment below, or message me privately in-game (adrielle.2109) and I'll set you up. (As a side note, we do ask that the guilds who are already registered please make sure you keep the contacts up-to-date and provide as much information about your upcoming GvGs as possible.)

Now, I believe we're finally ready to gauge the interest in holding a Bottom-feeder League Spring GvG Invitational - a bracket style tournament event allowing same-server guilds to fight each other, determine a winner, and then send finalists to fight cross-server and compete for The Best in Bronze title. The details so far:

Week of April 18th through 24th, 2015 - Same server guilds will compete 10v10 in a private PvP arena (if you do not have access to your own, one will be provided) to determine a "Server Finalist". Rounds will be best 2 out of 3.

Weeks of April 25th through May 8th, 2015 - "Server Finalists" will compete against each other in either Obsidian Sanctum or Edge of the Mists depending on matchup and eotm color to determine "The Best in Bronze". Rounds will be best 2 out of 3. 10v10 or 15v15 to be decided upon by the particular guilds fighting.

More details will be provided upon confirmation that there is enough interest to organize it. So, if this sounds like something you'd be interested in attending, participating in, donating prizes, streaming, commentating, publicizing, or just generally being involved with - please get in contact with us by replying here or in-game (adrielle.2109) or (adrielle.4307)

Deadline to express your guild's interest is April 13th, as that is when I will start making the brackets.

Sincerely,

Zeeb Rah

» Edited on: 2015-03-30 06:18:45

» Edited on: 2015-03-30 06:19:18

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

adrielle.2109

Replied On: 04/06/2015 at 07:40 AM

Only a few more days to contact me about entering the tournament! So far, the guilds representing Bronze Tier are:

Phoenix Rises From the Ashes [Phnx] – Devona’s Rest

Wrecking [Krew] – Devona’s Rest

Flames of Courage [FoC] – Eredon Terrace

The Chaos City Saints [CCS] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Bad Acid Trip [BAT] – Anvil Rock

Spectral Legion [SL] – Sanctum of Rall

Enigmatic Warfare [Jynx] – Borlis Pass

Hells Kitchen [HK] – Borlis Pass

No Limit [NoL] – Gate of Madness

We will be having a tournament meeting Thursday April 16th @ 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST in teamspeak. More details here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NGRFeHDgfwbXVUOJICh1ToAcBB6O3Oow7ts2_Sxm5mQ/edit?usp=sharing

By:

adrielle.2109

Replied On: 04/10/2015 at 09:52 AM

Welp. Since none of the guilds that are participating in the tournament are particularly thrilled about the PvP aspect of it, we've decided to remove the "Server Finalist" part of the tournament. What this means, is that same-server guilds will NOT be matched against each other in the first round, and hopefully will be eliminated before needing to fight each other in later rounds. With that said - I hope that this change encourages other guilds to join since all of the fights will be taking place in either OS or EotM. Currently we have three more spots to fill and it would be nice to have more than ONE guild representing Sanctum of Rall.

• Reminder of deadline to register - Monday April 13th
  • Reminder of tournament meeting in teamspeak- Thursday April 16th @ 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST (We will be using a private TS server so check the spreadsheet for address)

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 04/10/2015 at 01:16 PM

I had seen ppl complain about it, on the pvf forums, I was wondering what you were gonna do about it. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

adrielle.2109

Replied On: 04/16/2015 at 07:59 AM

Hey guys,

I hope everyone that is participating in our GvG tournament is excited! Competition starts April 17th and lasts until May 8th! The final list is as follows:

Wrecking [Krew] - Devona's Rest
Nippidy Noppedy [Noop] - Devona's Rest
Flames of Courage [FoC] - Eredon Terrace
Druids of Dhuum [DoD] - Eredon Terrace
Garuda Nusantara [Gn] - Eredon Terrace
The Chaos City Saints [CCS] - Ferguson's Crossing
Bad Acid Trip [BAT] - Anvil Rock
Spectral Legion [SL] - Sanctum of Rall
Enigmatic Warfare [Jynx] - Borlis Pass
Hells Kitchen [HK] - Borlis Pass
No Limit [NoL] - Gate of Madness
Guild of Madness [GoM] - Gate of Madness

Unfortunately the Guild of Madness guild has dropped out last minute. Which means that we're looking for a 12th guild to fill the spot. All you need is 10 players who are willing to GvG, and a representative at the tourney TS meeting tonight at Thursday April 16th @ 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST (using a private TS so check spreadsheet for address)

By:

adrielle.2109

Replied On: 04/17/2015 at 01:29 PM

Hey SoR! I don't remember seeing any of you represented at the teamspeak meeting last night. What you missed was basically a detailed run-down of the rules. Which means that you'll need to read them on your own time in the spreadsheet. So, as a courtesy for the first round - just letting you know that your very own [SL] will be up against [vox] from GoM. They have until 12AM EST on 4/26/2015 to schedule and report the outcome of this fight. Check the spreadsheet for a live stream (if any).

Good luck and hopefully we'll be seeing [SL] in round 2 next week!

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved