Calamitous Annihilation [VEX] looking for dedicated WvW players!
Moscow
Mar. 29, 2024
3:13 AM MSK
Sydney
Mar. 29, 2024
11:13 AM AEDT
Hobbiton
Mar. 29, 2024
1:13 PM NZDT
Seattle
Mar. 28, 2024
5:13 PM PDT
Chicago
Mar. 28, 2024
7:13 PM CDT
New York
Mar. 28, 2024
8:13 PM EDT
London
Mar. 29, 2024
12:13 AM GMT

Calamitous Annihilation [VEX] looking for dedicated WvW players!

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920
   Member of Calamitous Annihilation

Posted On: 09/01/2014 at 08:59 PM

Hello All!

We are Calamitous Annihilation [VEX], a tight knit WvW guild. We run daily, defending our lands and earning our server the highest score possible. We fight for almost anything: camp, tower, keep, or distraction. We will attempt to bust groups, and even sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.

What do we offer? 
- Fun, friendly, drama-free environment
- Run from 3pm – 12am CST (Mon-Thurs)
- Extended Hour “Looking for Red” Sessions
- Mischievous guild community

What are we looking for?
- Veteran or new players who mostly play WvW
- Players who enjoy the game
- People looking to be apart of a solid group!

What do we do?
- Engage fights 
- Defend objectives
- Support our community

Why should you consider?
- We kick supreme kitten and enjoy every second of it.
- While we do not blob, that does not stop us from getting out there and having fun.

Things to consider:
- We field around 10-15 and occasionally run tag to fill coverage.
- Strenuous Hours require heavy activity.
- We are an “N” Rated guild.

Guild Requirements

- Moderate understanding of your class and its capabilities -
- Comprehension of Game Mechanics and the concepts of WvW -
- Willing to meld character builds to create optimal group function -
- TS3: Everyone needs to at least hear -
- Represent 100% during raids in WvW -
- Activity high enough to participate in group runs (at least one a day). We understand that people have real lives and exceptions can/will be made on a case by case basis -
- Must be able to tolerate obscene or vulgar speech and handle constructive criticism -

****Guardians to the front of the line please!****
(This is the only class we really need more of)

http://calamitousannihilation-vex.enjin.com/home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMI1cUdZpSs

Whisper or mail  acdspydar.8920 in game for details and more!

See you on the battlefield!

» Edited on: 2014-09-01 21:01:07

» Edited on: 2014-09-02 11:00:18

» Edited on: 2014-10-06 02:30:53

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 09/20/2014 at 08:12 PM

We welcome all new members with open arms and help everyone maximize their potential.  Check us out!

Council Master of VEX
I didn't choose the VEX life, the VEX life chose me
User submitted image

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/21/2014 at 11:49 PM

VEX forms an integral part of SoR WvW with a primary base of operations in the Borderlands making sure that SoR BL is well defended and that Opposing BLs are well offended! :P I recommend you look into VEX for some BL action! :)

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 09/23/2014 at 08:21 AM

Thank you for the kind words Jeff.  We love to put the pressure on our opponents BL but the Home BL is always first priority.

Council Master of VEX
User submitted image

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 09/30/2014 at 08:09 AM

Still out there fighting the good fight! Love having new members and teaching them the VEX way.

Council Master of VEX
User submitted image

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/06/2014 at 02:36 AM

I have edited info regarding our recruitment. We could use 5-10 dedicated regulars for our group. Classes that would help us are guardians, necromancers, warriors, and elementalists. We are hurting for frontliners, so guardians are MOST welcome!

Please check out our fight on reset: WvW - EBG - GvG - VEX vs Blis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vl6y5hLy0M

this is a completely unedited clip with no sound. 

any questions, comments, or concerns please contact acdspydar.8920 

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 10/06/2014 at 05:56 AM

Hey Vex! Do you guys have official builds or anything? I'm hoping to do some group build theorycrafting soon, would love to share notes! Keep up the great work out there.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/07/2014 at 09:01 AM

Karaoke beat me to it haha!

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

Hepcat.7809

Replied On: 10/07/2014 at 11:24 PM

Ale and Lumai will correct me if I'm wrong - I don't think we have anything "official." We have members with expertise in nearly all classes who take the time to work on builds with everyone else. There are skills vital to the group and they make it clear what we need (buffs, stability). We do have a sub-forum for build discussion and a sub-forum where we post the builds we are currently running. This way the drivers know what we are bringing and in groups we know what the other members have.

I joined VEX about a month ago and have about 2 months experience with the game. Instead of being told what build to use Ale asked what I am currently running with and what playstyle I prefer. Between putting together that initial build, discussing the skills and their impact, and advice from my fellow guild mesmers I run with something I feel comfortable with that I can make small changes to depending on who in the guild is online/size of group/etc.

We also have training sessions where we work on movement together and AOE placement. Because of my work schedule and time zone (west siiiide) I miss these sessions, however, the 1 or 2 I've gone to really helped me out. Learning to move together and the basic tactics of your drivers in a fight can really give you the upper hand when you're outnumbered.

Nooblet of [VEX] Seven

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 10/08/2014 at 11:43 AM

Seven pretty much summed it we don't require people to play any specific build we want them to play something they have fun playing since this is a game not a job.  We will work with someone to maximize their specific build that they want to play.  It's all about having fun If I wasn't having fun I wouldn't log in or I wouldn't give Ale my water fields :D

Council Master of VEX
User submitted image

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/10/2014 at 11:21 PM

I speak for myself on this, but if anyone needs build talk, I will be more than happy to give you my approach. However, it may not be what you are seeking to do. My roamer builds are accountable for my own playing style. i can not give a specific build for any situation, but i can help you refine what you would like to do by suggesting ways to optimize your stats and theory craft. 

By the way, anyone who interested in joining the guild...please check this vid out.

It is the recap of some of our events in WvW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AmpGNfH-Cs

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved