10:30 AM EDT
London
Mar. 28, 2024
2:30 PM GMT

Seeking an Active Guild

By:

woodlanspirit.8407

Posted On: 02/26/2015 at 07:48 AM

Hello.  Would like very much to join an Active Guild.  I have played GW2 for about two years in Romania in a guild called Penquins with Hand Grenades on the Seafarer Rest server.  left Romania last April returnng to the USA in Tennessee.  My toons are Level 80 (Guardian, Ranger, Warrior, Mesmer, Elementalist and Engineer) with a couple of  low level characters I made to refresh my memory of the game and all of its changes in the last two years.  

I have only played pve and did a few dungeon runes wth members of my guild..and of course all of the Guild raids.  Never felt comfortable with bigger things like mists, fractals, w vs w and big time dungeons..  My x was an incredible player and officer of our guild and did  act as one of the Commanders on W vs W on the  European server..I felt intimidated..crazy as that may sound.

But now...it is time for me to go to the next level.  I was told by many this would be the best place for me..a teaching guild thats sole purpose is to have fun and grow if you want.  So my friends.,.here I am a noob in the big stuff..but a player that wants to learn and will be very active.  I have Teamspeak 3 on my computer.  

Your consideration to this request would be greatly appreciated.

Woodlanspirit.8407

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander lanfear.9802
   Member of Spectral Legion Gaming

Replied On: 02/26/2015 at 10:08 AM

You should check us out: http://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/comments/2txlbg/gw2napvx_acolytes_aco_growing_our_community/

Our current webpage has changed and is now: www.spectrallegion.com

Contacts are in the reddit post!

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 02/26/2015 at 12:08 PM

Hi ther wooodsyy :D

Welcome back to GW2 and welcome to SoR!!!!

Youve come to the best place ever, i always state we have the bestest community evah!!!

Actually i know mostly wvw ppl :D

I was gonna try and recruit ya but if ya pve main then Warfreak[WF] may not be the best :P  as we are mostly wvw addicts with casual gameplay, wohooo!!! 

Just wanted to say hi and that you can feel free to pm whenever you need help, ima dungeon lover :D and love a lot to go run in PVE and adventureeeeeeeeee time all around,

And i can recommend of course ACO guild love em commander Tau  just posted a great video with him a few weeks ago,

Anyways welcome and have fun!!!

Yeiiii

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 02/26/2015 at 12:15 PM

just to be clear, you are currently playing on sor?

if you wanna join a wvw guild the best way to get recruited is be in wvw, hang out in ts, meet ppl and see who you make friends with.

By:

woodlanspirit.8407

Replied On: 02/27/2015 at 07:00 AM

Thank you for your very nice welcome.  Tis true most of my experenmce has  in the world of pve...but..wvw has always fascinated me..just never tried it..probably need to read some tutorials..but actual experience is prolly the best.  IF you have any ideas on how i can obtain that experience would love your input.  I love running raids..but what to expand my horizons as well.  You got to start somewhere..just need some direction.

Woodlanspirit.8407

By:

woodlanspirit.8407

Replied On: 02/27/2015 at 07:03 AM

Yes Synosius.9876 i am a permaenent resident of SOR.

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 02/27/2015 at 11:36 AM

I may be out of the pve loop but the old communities no long exist because of mega servers.  world events are on a timer with the only exceptions being guild activated spawns. none of the dungeons/fractals are too difficult for pugs and then there is the 3 headed wurm which less than a handful of guilds even attempt. 

the only individual server wide social network we have now is based in wvw.  as for guides about wvw, there are a few but all the ones Ive seen push the gwen meta, tell you run tanky and stay on tag.  Bronze tier is the most individually challenging division of wvw.  We are directly responsible for our own victories and defeat; there is no one else to fall back on and save us.  WvW isnt just a fighting game, it is a test of character because a server rises or falls with its community.

So you still want to be a part of the craziness?  What you need to prepare is spend some time in spvp hot joins until youre able to defend yourself against attackers.  buy some siege, mainly ACs and learn how to place them. explore the maps so you dont get lost.

mostly importantly, get in teamspeak and make some friends  ^_^

By:

woodlanspirit.8407

Replied On: 02/27/2015 at 01:28 PM

thanks so  much for your advise.  Right now I am finishing up all my maps ..once i get that done i will start exploring outside the pve world.  Really appreciate you taking the time .

Woodlan

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 02/28/2015 at 06:23 AM

Here's a pretty basic guide, Woodlan, but has some good stuff for new wvw players. Welcome, gl, HF, kill em all

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:WvW_Guide_For_a_Novice

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

woodlanspirit.8407

Replied On: 02/28/2015 at 07:02 AM

Thanks a bunch JD..

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 02/28/2015 at 07:42 AM

Glad to help. You should take Synosious/Eko's advice on getting in spvp to learn how to take on real players. Pve is very predictable to defend/attack, and yeah, people are fairly predictable, but learning what each class can do to shut you down will help a ton. Test your build in PvP(some things you can do in pve and  wvw aren't accessible in pvp like certain armor runes), its free to switch around and test gear ect. If you test something out in pve/wvw the gear could cost you a lot of gold, and then you find its not quite what you want. Can save a lot of time,effort and gold. Something to keep in mind is though that the builds in PvP/wvw usually differ, but the abilities, skill animations are the same. Gl hf

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 02/28/2015 at 01:49 PM

best advice go in TS and have fun in wvw !!! we have a lovely community :D

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 03/02/2015 at 07:18 AM

Hey there Woodlan! I got your recruitment request for the Ascalonian Ghostbusters a few days ago and sent you an invite shortly after. I wasn't on last night, so if you got the invite and accepted it already feel free to ignore this. As of Saturday I noticed you hadn't joined yet, so I just wanted to comment here real quick and see if you had any questions about us or anything like that before you accept our invite. We're an extremely casual guild, so no rush on the invite, just thought I'd check in with you. And as the others here have said, welcome back and welcome to SoR! No matter which guild/guilds you end up joining I'm sure you'll be happy, all of our guilds here are amazing!

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved