Apr. 19, 2024
2:20 AM BST

Commander Tag Color Declaration

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 09/09/2014 at 10:57 AM

Greetings Everyone,

Here is the official Sanctum of Rall commander tag color guide.

•  Roaming - This is an Assault / Aggressive group format that invades all maps as needed to seek and destroy opposition.
  •  Dedicated Map Defense - For single map offenses and defenses. This is a unit that locks down a map and keeps it locked down.
  •  Havoc Group - This is a small unit designed to disrupt the flow of resource and provide surgical strikes against the opposition. Typically under 10 people.
  •  Guild Squad - For use when guilds are roaming the field together.

On the commander on deck you will soon see these icons and be able to chose them when leading.

Hope this clarifies for everyone. If you have questions contact Foghladha.2506, xivor.8754, or sscripko.5387.

» Edited on: 2014-09-09 11:07:27

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 09/09/2014 at 11:44 AM

Sweet, thanks for the final decision on this guys! See you on the field!

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 09/09/2014 at 11:52 AM

Everything is plugged into the commander on deck system. Enjoy!

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 09/09/2014 at 03:01 PM

does havoc need a color?  should reassign a color to scout.

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 09/09/2014 at 03:12 PM

Most scouts don't have commander tags. That's not an assumption we should make and have a special tag for it. 

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander Jordan.1960

Replied On: 09/09/2014 at 03:13 PM

The discussion about scouts having a tag has come up and the short version is that you should not have to pay 300g to be a scout.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 09/09/2014 at 04:27 PM

I REALLY like to know where my Havoc teams are. It helps me stay away from them so I don't draw attention to them. I would prefer it stay with Havoc teams.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 09/10/2014 at 01:30 AM

I will use whatever the server standard is, but....after tonight, I think this idea can be expanded on just a bit.  Yes Red is map chat/map blob so always on the offensive. Although I dont approve of the name roaming, because it conflicts with "Roaming" as a style of gameplay and builds associated with it.

Blue/defensive tags should not be only one person on the map.  I like the idea of having 1 blue tag responsible for an area.  We used this to great effect tonight in EB.  We had 3 seperate tags on 3 different towers. Each tag was responsible for upgrades on the tower and surrounding camps, siege placement and appointing scouts.  We have tons of people with the blue dorrito in TS, we can rely on all of them.  If we appoint them to a certain area say garri, hills, bay etc...we know that place is taken care of in all aspects.  That will take a lot of pressure from the offensive cmdrs because they can see that tag and know that area should be accounted for.  This is even better when splitting up smaller forces because you do so effeciently.  Scouting sucks, we all know this, but if we have people working together to upgrade and siege up so the main cmdr doesnt have to, it feels like you are doing something a bit more than just watching for enemies.

Yellow/purple are spot on.

Anyone from the "Night Crew" of SoR can back me up on how well this worked.

--
Abyssal Soul/Dustbringer Chana/Wells Go/Tiras Soul/Pyrrhas Soul
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Commander cajov.7805
   Member of Disciples of Omen

Replied On: 09/10/2014 at 04:10 AM

"Night Crew" reporting in here, Sol is correct. Being able to look over to QL and instantly know there's a scout is a really great new feeling. And of course I'm not saying that scouts need tags now, just makes things a lot easier. Also, having more than one blue tag shouldn't be a problem as there can be multiple havoc and guild groups on one map. For people who think that the blue tag will confuse those not integrated into SoR's community and website, over the 5 hours I was tagged up last night, I had exactly one PUG follow me and ask why I wasn't attacking something. It's not too hard to look at the map and deduce that the red tag making orange swords at SMC is on the offensive, and I'm pretty sure that what almost every PUG did. It's time to lose that "one map, one tag" mentality of the old system.

» Edited on: 2014-09-10 04:14:52

---
Senpai Kush
[OMEN]

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 09/10/2014 at 05:39 AM

I wouldn't say that we are trying to say only one tag is allowed on the map.  It is just the purpose that surrounds the tag color.  I have ALWAYS been one to support multiple tags, working together. Tag color discussion has nothing to do with the amount of tags on a map.  But, by identifying the blue tag as the dedicated BL DEFENSE or HOME CORNER DEFENSE (EB) tag, that helps identify the purpose of that commander, as opposed to the offensive commander who may map-hop to mass-cap enemy structures for PPT.

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 09/10/2014 at 11:12 AM

Nice to see a final decision on this.  I agree scouts don't need a tag, but it is up to the commanders on the field at the time as how to handle multiples of the same color.  Strategy is always open to anyone to tweak and play with, just please make sure the colors kind of match up with what you are doing so as not to confuse those who don't log into TS and don't follow much on here.

Say for example Swag is running the Blue tag in EB and I am sitting in the Keep... If he wants me to tag up as a scout, he just has to mention it, and then continue to advertise in Map chat that everyone should be on his tag, the other tags are scouting for him, the rest in TS will already know.  Or I as the scout even though I am in TS, could put in Map chat, "Scout in Keep, reporting no activity here" once in a while so as to relay to those coming to my tag thinking something is happening that I am in fact just scouting for Swag.  Its all about Perception and Communication.

There is also the chance that days and nights run a little different.  I am the night shift supervisor for the company I work for.  Nights runs slightly different then days, everyone is aware of it, and it doesn't cause confusion, if it works in the RL, it may work in a fake one.

My guild was talking about the Gold and Purple tag last night, we are trying to come up with a confirmed size requirement to switch from Purple to Gold when we are out there, and we are thinking when we are two full parties plus then we switch to gold, less then two full parties from our guild, then we will wear purple.  I know many others will have to decide when running with guildies what color to wear, and I think 10 is a good point to make that decision.  This may very from guild to guild or event to event, but I can confirm to those that know [EVIL] When you see my Yellow tag you will know we are out in force, when you see purple we are active but only a small group.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 09/10/2014 at 05:13 PM

Yeah i'm not saying that all scouts need to have a tag, but I think it is important that we get more people with tags involved in defensive play/scouting.  In general the people with tags, especially in TS are going to be the most reliable for scout reports, siege placement, upgrade order etc. We have tried in the past to assign smaller groups to certain areas of a map.  It worked with varying success but I think with this new system we should explore it again.  We are going to have an influx of players that will just want to "zerg" around, so we may be able to afford more people to play defensively.  

--
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Commander danno.5269
   Member of Terror Prophets

Replied On: 09/11/2014 at 12:31 PM

I would like to bring up that a RED tag in a zerg which is often often would be when this set up is used would cause the tag to get lost in a crowd of other red names when fighting thus make it difficult for people to stay on tag. STAY ON TAG! as so often yelled or said a bunch of times in zerg situations. I am not sure whether this was brought into account when the system was being talked about or not. 

When i was running with Johny and zerg busting many of us had trouble finding the tag in a sea of red names. You can argue that if we target him we get a bigger red circle to follow, but it's still red and hard to see in a sea of red names. 

I propose that we discuss this further so we can make our wvw experience easier. Either here on the forums or at the next server meeting. 

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 09/11/2014 at 12:36 PM

Thats a good observation and potentilly one that should be brought to ArenaNet. Thats going to be  problem for anyone that uses it.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Replied On: 09/11/2014 at 02:41 PM

find it hard not to see the large red target above my targets head,still looks different then a name tag.

By:

Commander Dharkon.6481

Replied On: 09/12/2014 at 02:52 PM

I often find it easier to follow the tag on the mini-map anyway during head-on clashes.

-Dharkon

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 09/12/2014 at 11:24 PM

As far as losing red tag in a Zerg fight, make sure to also target the cmdr to make it even more obvious.  A lot of guilds on SoR used to run tagless and just used the target reticle with no problems whatsoever.

--
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 09/13/2014 at 04:13 AM

I was out in WvW most of the night... I think people have mistaken what the tags are for...  I had seen individuals who roaming around on a single map wearing a red tag not leading a group, and lots of yellows who where not leading guildies but instead the main zerg... If we are going to make this color tag thing work we need to follow through with it and not just pick the color we most like or wear a tag just because we can.

Just my observations from the day, looking to see if anyone else also noticed this today?

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 09/13/2014 at 05:20 PM

As I mentioned before the red tag should be renamed anything other than roaming.  Also we need to keep in mind not everyone reads these forums, it's our job to make people aware of the system.

--
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 09/14/2014 at 01:03 PM

Also, need to continue to educate everybody on the Join Squad function. 

---

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 02:06 AM

How about scouts? Do they take blue as defenders or should there be only one blue tag on map at any given time? I usually pop gold atm.

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 06:27 AM

That's a good question. I usually pop gold as well to avoid confusion. Yesterday we had a few blue tags running around, one being main defense and the others being scouts. I honestly think that having gold be for guild OR scout would be a good idea. Typically when I throw up my gold tag I say in /m periodically that I am running a GUILD or SCOUT group only and that if people are going to follow a tag then they should follow the blue one. If there's multiple blue tags, and some of them are just scouts it could be confusing to people who aren't in TS and don't know which blue tag is the main one.

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 06:34 AM

Scouts should definitely NOT be Blue. Gold makes sense, I guess, given the existing color system.

---

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 07:38 AM

Yeah, I agree. I don't think scout needs their own color, but if you're going to scout and you have a tag it definitely helps to have it on. Can't speak for all guilds that run gold tags, but I have no issues sharing gold with scouts. Hell, most of the time I scout I have my gold tag on anyway...

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 08:57 AM

Scouts should not be popping a permanent tag. If they have one, they should only use it quickly to show a commander his position on the map if he is next to a mass of enemies. There is no dedicated scout color for SoR in our organized WvW Community. The reason is because most scouts will NOT have a tag, and it detracts from the unity amongst the roles. Commanders should instead for a party with his scouts so that he can always know his scout's locations. 

» Edited on: 2014-09-15 08:58:34

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved