London
Mar. 30, 2024
1:18 AM GMT

Wow, this community...

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Posted On: 09/15/2014 at 08:49 AM

I work in I/T, so I'm in front of computers all day long. Typically, on my downtime, I browse reddit, or just fart around on the computer whenever I get the chance. Today, I found myself doing something I've never done before. I have the WvW live map up on my secondary monitor and I've just been watching our PPT rise and rise, silently chearing for our server to take the lead. I've never been a big WvW player (honestly, I HATED the T1 elitism/farm fest), so this is something very new to me. 

TL;DR: Congrats on converting a PvE nerd to WvW. I will be taking to the battlefield far more often than I used to because of this community.

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 08:54 AM

Glad you are with us! We have worked VERY VERY hard to change the stigma that surrounded us as a result of the former T1 guilds and their disrespect, lack of community, and elitism. We truly have strived hard to be a better community for all. We want anyone that wishes to join us have the opportunity.  Instead of shunning the newbie because of his lack of skill or builds that work well, we want to come along side those players, welcome them, and teach and train them. WvW is a big experience for those new to it, and we want to help! 

If I personally can help you, or the others on the War Council (Foglhada and Sscripko), let us know! 

» Edited on: 2014-09-15 09:20:02

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander MichaelESmith.6097
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 09:09 AM

This is truly a testament to the fact that we have an awesome group of guilds on our server and we are putting out the right vibes...

I love hearing players comment how we were one of the only servers who say "Please" and "Thank You" during commanding in WvW.  How is this not a common courtesy on EVERY server?  These players may be new...  They may be veterans...  But they run with the commanders of their own choice.  They have other choices available to them, and they chose US!

Keep up ALL the great work, and thank you for joining us in WvW!!!

Your friendly neighborhood Smitty here!
Sif Ellisdottir - Gaiscioch [GSCH]
Maelgwyn Gryffud - Gaiscioch [GSCH]

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 10:51 AM

I made us this new unofficial logo.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 11:45 AM

Let the PPT speak and the ton of great fights show all. being  a wvw only player,i have had my doubts but the spirt i have seen this weekend

has been great, and brought to life this once dead wvw server.

Kudos to all running a little extra time in.

Cookies and milk for all!

» Edited on: 2014-09-15 11:45:47

» Edited on: 2014-09-15 11:46:12

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 09/15/2014 at 01:15 PM

Seriously, been watching it all day and can't wait to get home and play now. Thanks for all the help with everything so far, everyone I've encountered has a really patient tolerance for my ignorance of WvW (whoever it was that taught me proper AC placement yesterday in SoR BL, thank you!) and has been extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you again!

Oh, and I'm a casual cursor, so if I swear in a censored channel in TS please don't hesitate to call me on it. I often don't even notice when I do it, but have no problems refraining from that kind of language. I just need to consciously avoid it sometimes.

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved