WE CAN DO THIS, SOR!!!! PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!!!!
Moscow
Mar. 29, 2024
1:39 PM MSK
Sydney
Mar. 29, 2024
9:39 PM AEDT
Hobbiton
Mar. 29, 2024
11:39 PM NZDT
Seattle
Mar. 29, 2024
3:39 AM PDT
Chicago
Mar. 29, 2024
5:39 AM CDT
New York
Mar. 29, 2024
6:39 AM EDT
London
Mar. 29, 2024
10:39 AM GMT

WE CAN DO THIS, SOR!!!! PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!!!!

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Posted On: 09/19/2014 at 03:23 AM

We can do this, Sanctum of Rall! Just a few short months ago, NOBODY in Guild Wars 2 would have thought that we would have amounted to any sum of competativeness in WvW. I bet you GoM right now is shaking in their boots. SoR is a FORCE to be reckoned with! We fight them outnumbered, and we hold our own and then some! GoM is a silver-league server and we are playing at their level.

The score is tight. GoM has passed us out. But SoR is not without a fight. We need to harness every last man from out of the woodwork. Major WvW forces needed to put the pressure on GoM BL at the heart of their homeland. Small guild groups need to put the pressure on their supply lines. Cap their camps just minutes before the tick...every tick. Roamers need to take out their yaks and sentries, putting those small points on the map.

I am proud of each and every one of you on Sanctum of Rall, whether we take 1st or 2nd. We have done an amazing thing that just a few short months ago would have been deemed impossible. We need a strong push today. We need some extra time in WvW for everyone. We need coordination amongst commanders and scouts. WE NEED STRONG SCOUTING! They will nail us hard in our corners. THIS WE WILL DEFEND! Good job, SoR, and I will see you on the battlefield!

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 07:10 AM

We're getting creamed right now and I'm stuck at work and can't help. : (

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

Mikayah.3170
   Member of Ethereal Guardians

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 07:52 AM

We pushed so hard last night, and we had a great span of a couple hours. I logged at about 4AM CST to get an hour of sleep before work, and when I checked in at 8AM we'd gone from down by 100 point - with us earning more PPT - to down by a couple thousand, and GOM surging again. No regrets.

So, we might end up in second place, but we have a lot to be proud of from this week. We held out to the very end against a force that was often 2 or 3 times our size. Last night alone, we burned through hundreds of gold worth of GOM golems and siege, and we farmed the heck out of their zerg - while at times still managing to cap objectives on all 4 maps.

Huge shout out to our commanders from Week 1. Personally I've run behind Eko, Exothermic, Swag, Team, Johny and others, and I have to say, you guys have done a helluva job. This is only week 1, and it's been a great week.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 07:56 AM

GoM tanked into Bronze league because they thought it'd be easy wins. We forced them to pull a last-minute all-nighter and throw away tons of gold just to narrowly take a win. I'm sure we've humbled them a bit. :-)

Also, we earned enough Glicko this week to almost move up past Darkhaven!

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 12:15 PM

I am frustrated because I am stuck at work, as I have been all day. I feel powerless to help. But, regardless I am proud of you all. Do not let this loss be a loss. Let it be a win, because we forced the hand of a silver league server to have to work above and beyond for their win. We came together in more ways than ever this week. I am proud of SoR. 

By:

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 12:40 PM

I noticed they claimed on reddit that they don't have numbers superiority on us. Gonna have to call BS on that considering they are just steamrolling SoR AND DH right now...

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 12:49 PM

Link please?

By:

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 01:06 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2gvkso/wvw_season_3_week_1_results/ckmxbxv

"GoM isn't a high population server, we just put in work." He wasn't really overly rude about it, but the claim that they aren't a high pop server made me smirk.

- Charlie -

By:

Coldin.2840

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 01:07 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2gvkso/wvw_season_3_week_1_results/

Yeah. Claiming it was just putting in the work. Maybe a little, but SOR put in quite a bit of work too. It was GOM having consistent numbers at all times of day for Wednesday and Thursday that brought them back to win.

Still, we did pretty good considering. If GOM had to really push themselves to beat a server with only a third of their numbers, that's still a pretty good accomplishment.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 01:10 PM

Discussion here.

That's not exactly what they said. They said they didn't have overnight guilds, but rather a bunch of folks who pulled an all-nighter.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 01:13 PM

I was mainly referring to the "we're not a high population server" comment, but yeah. 

- Charlie -

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/19/2014 at 06:16 PM

GOM is a high population server for Bronze because it belongs in silver.  Even with their coverage they can as they said pull an all nighter with their blobs such as we did once upon a time and just as we forced GOM to do when it expected to easily cruise to first.

I honestly believe that our Community runs a more organized style of WvW with a balanced coverage in the four timezones albeit we are seldom able to field a blob without emptying all the maps into only one.  At this time we only go toe to toe with opposing blobs in open field from a superior position such as from behind walls and with siege or when we are able to get the jump on them.

This leg of the tournament  however was a quantum leap for SoR WvW! The level of dedication, strategy and fun this week was phenomenal and though I do feel the sting of only coming second I am proud of the impact we have made!  All eyes were on us and the most exciting and closely fought race in WvW and now are looking forward to seeing more!

» Edited on: 2014-09-19 18:49:05

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved