3:43 AM EDT
London
Apr. 20, 2024
8:43 AM BST

Color Tags...

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Posted On: 11/21/2014 at 04:58 PM

I would like to remind people of our tags and there meanings and a little story that happened last weekend....

Blue  =  would be for a defense or a non hoping map group.  This group is stationary and there job to keep or stay on a map unless really needed and called upon.

Red  =  Map hopping, this group will jump maps to bring the fight to enemies on all sides, there general goal is to raise PPT or follow enemy units to prevent enemy advancement.

Gold  =  In my opinion the most needed tag, the most misunderstood tag we currently have.  This is for Guild groups who may have goals outside of the norm, maybe its training, working on fighting skills, could even be havoc or general play.  I think it is important for everyone to realize that back in the day before all these colors, guilds would run without a tag.  It would give the impression of elitism, isolationism, just in general not inviting to people.  By allowing them a color you know that you are welcome, however there goals may very from the norm.

Purple  = Havoc groups, groups out just taking objectives to create havoc on the enemy.

So the story....

Saturday nights prior to SORC's event I run [EVIL] out in WvW, more of guild training/havoc.  We usually number 5-10 people, and we use this time to do general training within the guild.  I have tried to tag up for these and invite everyone.  Unfortunately every time we tag up for this event we get called out and guilt tripped into something other then what we intended.  We where running Saturday ticking up PPT on an enemy BL when the commander for EB decided to tag down, we were asked at first to move over to EB and provide a tag ([not a big deal as asking never hurts and I don't want to discourage that]  Just keep in mind when you are asking a yellow tag to now come over and do Blue tag work that it may not work out.)  Needless to say after we where asked more forcibly(guilt tripped) into moving into EB I lost 75% of my follows and at that point it was a mess and ended up just tagging down.   Moral of this, if you see a yellow tag, please realize that they are doing something within or with there guild.  They are putting up a tag to welcome people to join, but there goal unfortunately may not be what you think it should be.  If that commander or person says sorry, we are doing an event or sorry that we can't currently do that.... Please respect that.  I have no problem if you want to put up a tag and pull members with you, just don't expect us or the commander to switch.   I have enough of a hard time keeping my guildies on my tag and trying to keep there experience fun, let alone throw them to the wolves.  If they stay with me on our guilds goals and have fun, maybe they will get bit by the WvW bug and they will be following you soon enough.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 11/21/2014 at 05:22 PM

I had this happen one time during our training event. We lost a tower and some guy was raging at me in /map. This was before colored tags, though. He was calling me a PvE commander, yada yada. A real jerk about it.

Can't let it get you down too much. If you're doing the right things, keep doing the right things.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander limetwyst.7039
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 02/21/2015 at 08:59 PM

Bumping this so it doesn't get lost. I'm running havoc as needed with a buddy or three, so I will be tagging up purple or gold frequently.

GW siggy photo GW siggy.png

By:

Commander socialbudderfly.5970

Replied On: 02/23/2015 at 02:12 PM

I've seen and heard before other commanders asking others to tag down if they were running a gold tag before so people would not get confused with multiple tags on the map, but that is why we have the different colors and categorized the colors so people KNOW what each tag is for. Sometimes I have to ask Collisto when it is appropriate to tag up or tag down when we have the big main zergs out there because of the lack of recognition for the tag colors.

I believe we should revisit the tag colors and brief people on them once again, mainly because of how frustrating it can be to be a guild led group and as Collisto said, be guilt tripped into something other than what we intended (although we don't mind helping out, the matter could be dealt with in a more appropriate fashion). The purpose of these colors was so everyone has their spot and/or their own limelight, so to say, to be in wvw; whether it be a full zerg, havoc, or a guild group. 

I personally have not been called out like Collisto may have been, but it gets to the point where people do not want to go out into wvw if there is no fun to be had. It ends up being more of a chore than anything else, and no one wants that.

My only hope is that we improve on this situation and learn from our mistakes. Make SOR a community worth being on for all the right reasons.

Devilzprayer|Devilzsorrow|Dr Prayer|Lyrium Moonfeather

Guild Leader and Founder of Devilz Prayer [EVIL]

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved