6:59 PM EDT
London
Apr. 19, 2024
11:59 PM BST

what class?

By:

Krustydog.3072

Posted On: 12/20/2014 at 04:24 PM

so I have my ele at 55. I am by no means married to this class. Winning means more to me than what class I play. What class is most needed now in wvw for our server? I can play anything.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 12/20/2014 at 06:16 PM

Whichever class/combination of classes you have the most fun with really so as minimize on any negative effects of long hours or under-tempered expectations.  

From a personal standpoint i've been running thief lately because it grants me the impunity to go almost wherever  I want on the map, cleanly withdraw from or reset fights and win against a long list of opponent types or even solo take towers.  I find the ability to affect our opponent's map and behavior with just one person to be extremely satisfying.        

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 12/20/2014 at 08:05 PM

ele or guardian, you will be welcomed where ever you go!

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Replied On: 12/20/2014 at 09:14 PM

As a commander, I love guardians and elementalists. Eles provide excellent AoE when equipped with a staff, and guardians are a good front line with an excellent "boon stick" when they have a staff and press 4 when stacked, something called "empower".

That said, play what class you want to for what situation is going on. With a commander who stacks up frequently, guards are great. Running around on your own, you may enjoy thief or a warrior. Ranger and mesmer can be group focused, especially portals and veils which are two handy mesmer utility skills, but can also be hard to fight against if you have practice with playing said classes in PvP. Just try each class out, and if you really want to help the commander, ask them what they would like you to play - and if they say just bring whatever, bring what you want to play.

Professor Bannister, engineer

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 12/20/2014 at 09:44 PM

guardian it is

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Replied On: 12/20/2014 at 11:53 PM

Being a team player is important to WvW.

Guardians exceed at benefiting your team through:

• Spreading boons throughout a group (Stability through "Stand Your Ground!")
  • Clearing conditions through combined Superior Rune of the Trooper (6th trait) and shouts
  • Clearing conditions through Purging Flames
  • "Bumper" skill to deny movement of enemy (Staff 5, Line of Warding)
  • When built correctly, hard to take down and serve as a buffer for weaker classes

Elementalists help through the use of:

• Large AoE denial (Fire Staff 5, don't ever walk through one of these; Air Staff 5, stun enemies walking through)
  • AoE healing (Water Staff 3 and 5, toss it down when stacking in a fight)
  • Fire field for might (Fire Staff 3, must have a blast finisher used in it to provide might)
  • "Bumper" skill to deny movement of enemy (Earth Staff 5)
  • Back line fighters, should not be taking as much damage

In big fights, it's hard to play one without the other. Mesmers are a whole 'nother deal.

» Edited on: 2014-12-20 23:54:11

Professor Bannister, engineer

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 12/21/2014 at 12:32 AM

man guardian is great! been guardian since game started i havent liked almost any other class in the personal as i feel them 2 squishy,

Been having great time as warrior also just lvl 68 on that btw, it kinda is so much dmg dealing compared to guardian but i rather like guardian more group play roaming, zergrun or spvp for boons, altruist healing or bunker frontline trolling with wall of reflection, helps so much in team fight,

And for soloing im going warr now :D

Hope it helps, i think u must play class that makes you heart pump like crazy, at least thats for me :D

-Greenstone

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander SylverMeadow.1457
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 12/21/2014 at 04:21 AM

» Edited on: 2014-12-22 20:46:36

By:

Commander Kitty.6219
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 12/21/2014 at 05:43 PM

My advice might seem a bit silly, but play whatever class you find fun playing with. The happier you are with the class, the more effective and better player you will be. Don't play an ele to be an AoE fountain of health and might if that's not your cup of tea. I love playing support and I take great pride and joy in keeping those rams operators alive with heals, or my friends standing with the guardian. :3

Just my 2 refined metals (wrong game, kitty.) (something wrong with discarded metal for reprocessing)

» Edited on: 2014-12-21 17:47:15

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 12/21/2014 at 11:04 PM

Guardians pretty good but man do I miss my ele's mobility. Also seems ele's heal better than guardian. Are guardians mostly buffs and such? And mesmers? Best class?

» Edited on: 2014-12-21 23:06:47

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 12/22/2014 at 05:53 AM

Is an engineer a viable healing and buffing class? And is the mortar any good at taking down gates and walls?

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 12/22/2014 at 08:45 AM

Ez question first.. mortar is a terrible elite.  the range is less than traited nades, the dmg is weak and the effects are minor.   mortar has 2 uses; the aoe circle is pretty large and can be used like ele meteor shower although with far less dmg.  2nd use is in dry top against the event boss on the pillar while trying to not get knocked off for the achievement because 2m of stabo...

Players cannot dmg walls so mortar wont help there any more or less.

As for buffing and healing...

healing turret is comparable to water staff, it cures 2 condi, pulses 1 heal for about 2k and provides a blast-able water field.  this isnt as much as staff 5 but turret has a 15s cd (20s if it gets destroyed).

Engi has access to many fields and most blast finishers if any class.  water is in the healing turret, fire and smoke in the bomb kit.

to answer your prior question as to which is class is the best, its obviously engineer!  dont believe me?  watch this informative video, case closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

» Edited on: 2014-12-22 08:52:19

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 12/22/2014 at 07:25 PM

hmmmm, engineer is my favorite class to play I just didn't want to gimp myself. I do so enjoy winning. Plus my engineer has the sweet tag-Outlaw Josie Wales.

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 12/25/2014 at 05:20 PM

was going to switch classes because I didn't like being a glass cannon but I am really enjoying the ele's earth stone heart build. It gives me plenty of cc and allows me to go toe to toe with melee given equal level and gear.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved