11:52 AM EDT
London
Mar. 28, 2024
3:52 PM GMT

LF Advice on WvW Equipment

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Posted On: 09/23/2015 at 03:12 AM

Hello all! I'll be crafting a set of ascended armor and staff which I would like to primarily use for my WvW Team Necro Wells bomber but which I would as much as possible also like to be able to use on my Necro for roaming as well as my Mesmer/Chronomancer.

Currently I am planning to do a full Berserker armor (runes of the pack) set and staff (Bloodlust+force) but I wonder if I should throw in some survival stats in there or do I really need an alternate armor set for my secondary purposes.

Any input would be well appreciated!  

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander limetwyst.7039
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 09/23/2015 at 04:41 AM

I would start with full zerker and then if you have trouble surviving have an extra couple of pieces on hand of Valkyrie's that you can swap out when desired. First and foremost, try to run full zerkers and survive via positioning.

GW siggy photo GW siggy.png

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/23/2015 at 05:57 AM

Thanks for the input LT! Having the luxury of flexible swapping would be nice but considering the price tag on ascended crafting I would like to request for info on an ideal final set giving due consideration to the stuff that necros typically need to survive against such as retaliation during bombing, constant damage during clashes and perhaps the occasional sniping with any theoretical slack to be allocated to enhance roaming.

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 09/23/2015 at 06:07 AM

Zerk necro is good for team fight but you will prolly want entirely diff build for roaming and other roles.  If money is limited I would suggest investing in multiple exo sets rather than 1 asce set.

By:

Yulan.4069
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 09/23/2015 at 08:53 AM

I'd recommend Knight's or Cavalier instead of Valkyrie since Necro's base HP is already quite high and you have access to Death Shroud. Increasing your defense through Toughness will give you much more Effective HP than increasing your HP alone through Vitality!

As others mentioned, start with Berserker and add the secondary pieces as you see fit until you're confortable with the results.

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 09/23/2015 at 10:53 AM

I roam on my necro most of the time.  I run all Carrion gear on her as I am built to counter all other condi classes and builds.  There are very few times I die to condi's.   Necros have the ability to collect and transfer conditions, and when you collect with the intent to give to an enemy you will want to be stable in the vitality department.  Any food/utility buff that can add Condi damage and more importantly duration is good.  As far as runes on a roamer, any of the following work ok, Scavenger, Krait, Perplexity.

As far as a wells necro most will run Zerker, and you are in, lay your wells, and dodge out, rinse repeat.  In this case if you want more ability to survive add some toughness as Yulan mentioned.  Some of the most fun I had on my necro in years past was playing a light armor class in the front line with high toughness hopefully taking damage off of the rest of the front line as the enemy is focused on what should normally be an easier class to kill.  One thing I would adjust from what Yulan said... Start with Soldier gear for your Zerg Necro, and slowly replace with more offensive stats as you get better at survival.   I find when people do not have there class mastered yet and start with Zerk, they die a lot and many stop playing or just don't like WvW.   As I tell my guildys, WvW fights, even roaming, is about endurance, if you can outlast the enemy you win.  Many try it the other way and try to spike damage(zerk) the enemy first and when that happens my condi's and vitality will normally insure that person dies first. >:)

Toughness is going to help the most against basic damage, melee or just straight out direct damage...  Keep in mind in our zerg Condi cleanses and combo fields will help in your vitality against conditions.

Vitality is going to help more when facing Conditions then Toughness but not nearly as effective for direct damage. Roaming you are usually on your own, your not expected to win many uneven fights(ie 1v3) But you will not have the condi clears or combo fields that a zerg will have.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/24/2015 at 03:53 AM

Thanks for the advice guys!

I think ill be going all Zojja and will be depending on good positioning and Necro skills for clash defense.  For Runes Ill be taking Rune of the Pack (Though strength runes are tempting!) as for sigils I am considering Fire and/or Force and/or Bloodlust sigils.

For Roaming yeah I'll probably just go with a condi based build or just run with my Mesmer or Thief.

By:

Harakael.5830

Replied On: 09/25/2015 at 12:49 PM

I reccomend to test it on exotics armor and focus on ascended weapons first, also select the weight/class of armor more toons you have, even if only 2 per weight, heavy medium light, 

I really dont noticed the difference to much on exotic and ascended armor, i do notice it with trinkets and weapons tho... infusions help but are not like crucial :D

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/25/2015 at 01:59 PM

Good point on the exotic vs. ascended though I'm hoping that if I throw everything on the offense side it will push the envelope to something just a wee bit noticeable :P

Final tally: (+10Power infusion) Fiery Bloodlust Staff of Zojja and Zojja Armor of Strength

Got an additional +20Power infusions but probably wont be doing extravagant versatile infusions at this point

By:

Harakael.5830

Replied On: 09/25/2015 at 04:11 PM

Ascended works on dmg it does wonders xD

Id recomedn to test on exotic i did the switch on my warrrior from: soldier -> cavalier -> valkyrie -> berserk

Let me on a final 3 Valkyrie and 6 berserk pieces, imagine doing those tries with ascended gear :P and as you can see on my videos my warr has improven mostly on that armor change cus my skills r still silly xD

Nonetheless my next ascended armor to craft is a berserk for farming dungeons mostly and 3 pcs for wvw :D

Im 2 nub to know on necro and mesmer what would be the ideal,

But im having no problems running full exotic on alts Ranger and Necro on wvw unless im zerg stomped :D

On the necro, more of your interest, i run signets build on metabattle with a little twitch i did very bad on full zerk exotic on wvw now im running full rabids and doing fine, please consider that baby has top of 5 days in wvw :D and probably a power build would be better with the zerk gear :P

I must agree on Limetwist, positionnning is key!! evading and keeep on moving ftw! Necro so fun

On Collisto i must agree, when i rand my necro on wvw with berserk gear, with no skills on the class yet, it made me ragequit to other toon instantly and then investigate more info about necros :D

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 09/25/2015 at 08:20 PM

Id prob wait till HoT drops to make ascended myself....On my Necro 1 use just the one set for zerg and roaming, I only just change my build around. For me, I don't like to sacrifice power main stat on Necro, so I stay away from non power main stat pieces. Plus, with quite a bit of testing, 2-300 toughness wont help you much if at all when you make a mistake on a Necro(out of position). Seems with this class its either all tanky, or all damage, middle ground didnt seem worth it. Kill em fast I say! For quite a few months I've been running with all zerker except for Valk shoulders, chest and pants. This is after trying so many diff combos in WvW and pvp. With stacks I have over 3k power, and I use Strength Runes, and stack a great amt of might for myself. Though I do have a set of Pack and Travellers, the Strength Runes are worth it. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/27/2015 at 03:40 PM

Thus far things are working out pretty well! The upgrade on damage capability has had a marked difference though that maybe because previously I was not running full zerk and probably the strength runes kicked the damage up a notch :)

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 09/27/2015 at 08:27 PM

Yeah, love those str runes are worth it. I hope they treat you well! When I started playing Necro I used Travellers, then Pack. Then the june 23rd patch came and I switched to strength and never looked back.

There's a Beta weekend next weekend, I can't wait to play with Reaper! For the xpac I'm mostly excited for Reaper, Rev and Chronomancer. I love Engi, but so far Scrapper isn't tickling my fancy(yet). And I retired Arya my Thief, but Ghost Thief looks fun to troll with ;) The others just seem meh to me. I fantasise about Reaper though. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved