London
Apr. 19, 2024
7:05 PM BST

Site Suggestions

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Posted On: 01/28/2014 at 04:04 PM

I was reading through this forum post and saw that you were going to attempt to bring some traffic back to this site and make it the hub for the community. I have a few suggestions that might help with this.

1)Add Links to some commonly used tools such as gw2stuff, gw2crafts.net, gw2spidy, dulfy.net
2)Flesh out the user profiles. Let people add their character names/classes and a short description of themselves
3)Display some RSS feeds from the forums to provide patch notes, latest dev comments, news, GW2 twitter updates, GW2 facebook and such can even get a feed in here from reddit. Try to make the page a one-stop shop/portal for GW2 News/info.
4)Make the community Raidcall link easier to find... Put it up top or something.
5)Another Idea but may be a lot of work: Potentially provide the option for a guild only section which only members of the guild have access to containing potentially basic tools like guild only forums, calendar, message of the day. As a small guild leader, I would love it if I could get rid of my site all together (and I would if these tools were provided here). I'm not asking for functionality like enjin by any means.
5a)Create a more user friendly/readable link to each Guild. Instead of sanctumofrall.com/guilds/120/ maybe something like sanctumofrall.com/FreeOfFate or even make it a subdomain (ex FreeOfFate.sanctumofrall.com) so we can disseminate it to people/guildees/potential guildees.
5b)Potentially allow guild leaders to create a questionaire required to be filled out by potential members to allow new members to join.
6) Disseminate the website everywhere. I bet a lot of people don't even know it exists.
7) Last and most important. The forums seem empty. Have people create new threads and conversations. Assign some people to make come up with new topics to get people engaged if you have to. After a while people will start posting on their own and they won't be as mandatory.

Kyne
Free of Fate

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 01/28/2014 at 04:41 PM

A lot of these are actually already in development. You should see several of these soon.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 01/28/2014 at 09:26 PM

I have achievement badges and some other cool stuff I can't really day yet. Want to get through great tyrian adventure season 3 before I announce much else.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Kyle.3856
   Member of Free of Fate

Replied On: 01/29/2014 at 09:05 AM

That kind of sounds like an Anet response, Fog :)

You've been playing the game too long :)

Kyne
Free of Fate

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved