London
Mar. 28, 2024
7:20 PM GMT

Terror Prophets[DERP] Recruting for wvw and some pve

By:

Commander danno.5269
   Member of Terror Prophets

Posted On: 08/31/2014 at 10:39 PM

Looking for a WvW guild? Well here we are. We just started up and our primary goal in WvW is to cause havok all over. We will be focusing on flipping camps and towers all over the place.

Requirements
There are none! You can be level 2 or you can be level 80. We will not be discriminating by level or skill. I find that you learn more the more you play and i am glad to help out new members learn the ropes in WvW. I would like everyone to have Teamspeak3 to listen to me while i command havok groups, but it’s not required just encouraged.

rules
The only rule i have is to be respectful of your fellow players. I think everyone knows how to do that

I just ask that new members be patient as the guild grows. It will take some time but we will still have some fun!

Send me a mail in game at danno.5269 for more information if needed or for an invite.

I look forward to getting some awesome new members.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander danno.5269

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 06:14 AM

I am having trouble recruiting. I have tried a few methods but everyone insists on leaving either moments after joining or within 24 hours. I thought i had one hardcore guild member who even transferred servers to join me, but they left one night out of the blue with no reason. 

Does anyone have any recruitment suggestions? I am open to anything. 

HELP! lol 

Thanks. 

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 06:30 AM

Did you start a guild on your own? Like... there was one of you? (Not counting the hardcore person who transferred servers?)

That, in all likelihood, is your problem. Building guilds is HARD. Building guilds while having standards is even harder. Even small-to-medium sized guilds like mine are the result of YEARS of building.

Anyway, give us a bit more detail and background and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 07:46 AM

You need to have a dedicated following to start a guild.  You cannot just create a 1 person guild and expect it to grow.  99% of the time, it will not grow.  But if you have 4-5 friends that all play together and want to start up a guild for you guys, then that is suitable. Then, you have a starting player base.  from there, you can recruit new players to join (I emphasize new; veteran players most often will want to be in a more established guild).  Recruit in places like Divinity's Reach, Lion's Arch, Rata Sum, or other starting areas, because that is where new players show up first.

Without a core group to start, it is doubtful any guild will get going...outside of the first couple weeks of a game's release.  You need something to start with.  When we brought FIRE into GW2, we started with a core group of friends, 5 of us with a couple casuals that joined from another guild.  We had a starting base of like 8. Now we have 54 members, and an active force on SoR. And this is while being a very selective, high standards guild that does not recruit in game but only recruits through internet advertisements.

I wish you the best!

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 08:03 AM

Yeah, MEGA started with over a dozen people who had known each other for years and years. I met one of our officers back in 2002, for example. Most of our starter group has moved on to other games, but that gave us a nice base to build from.

My recommendation would be to join a guild, not to start one, but if you REALLY insist on seeing it through, here's a few tips.

• Figure out your differentiator. Be able to answer the question "What can DERP offer me that FIRE or MEGA or _____ cannot?" For MEGA, I consider our differentiator to be two parts: 1) a very social small community of friends, not of guildies and 2) our willingness to trait, tutor, mentor, etc to help our members grow.

• Be prepared to spend more time and money on your guild than any sane person would want. My weekend plans? Writing scripts for guild missions. When I'm finished with that? Putting together 5-man build comps.

• Quickly find people you trust and delegate tasks to them. You can't be everywhere or do everything, so you'll need help. It can take time and patience to get these people, but they'll be your best friends once you find them.

• Building a community isn't about having a website or forums. It's not about choosing Enjin over GuildLaunch. It's not about deciding to upgrade from the basic package to the one that gives you more modules. My guild's website is super-simple, handcoded in HTML, and hosted on Dropbox. (www.supermegahappyfuntime.com - pay the $10/year or whatever for the domain, at least). Make the GAME your community (or perhaps the voice server), not the website. We routinely have members hang out on TS with us even when they're not in game because that's where our community exists.

But in all seriousness, most people who join your guild will leave unless you give them a reason to stay. What's your guild's reason? Find that, broadcast it, and BE it.

---

By:

Commander danno.5269

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 09:53 AM

Thanks so far for the tips. The background on the guild is it was just me starting out. I have done it before successfully but that was closer to game launch then i took a year break from the game and left the guild to a friend who pretty much abandoned it. 

So far i have spent over 200g on influence to do upgrades so it's not a bare bones guild that people won't want to stick around in. I know members are quite low right now (3 as of this post) but i am hoping to find ways to keep these members as well. 

My main selling point of the guild is that i want it to be a small community of active players who focus wvw. This way everyone knows who everyone is and it's not a mega guild like EG.. No offense to EG of anything, but i was in it before and i felt like i was just in the background doing my own thing the whole time. I know many members enjoy EG and are quite happy there. Many of the people i like in game are actual members of EG. 

Maybe i should make some more detailed posts on the guild wars 2 official forums of exactly what i want to accomplish. 

I realize this is going to be quite hard to do since there are so many established guilds out there already and most of my friends are happy where they are. 

Keep the tips coming. Any feedback is good feedback. I still plan to stick with trying to make this happen as long as i can. I would consider a group of 25 dedicated wvw players a success for me. 

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 10:12 AM

I would definitely spend some time thinking about what you want your guild to be. Even more than two years in, I'm constantly trying to define (and sometimes redefine) what my guild is all about. We even did a survey for members recently where we asked about things people liked and disliked, things people wanted to do more often, etc.

I think you should also focus on how you'd like to acquire players. For example:

• Recruit directly in WvW. Tag up and tell people you're building a guild, for example. This has the advantage of recruiting people who are already interested in WvW... buuuut these people are likely already in a guild. You might be able to pull some away, but it's not necessarily a great idea to be "that guild that keeps stealing people."

• Recruit discretely in WvW. Run a tag, do your thing, and whisper players who join up with you that seem like a fit and ask if they'd be interested. This still has some of the same downsides, but it's a little less visible. You can also avoid recruiting people who are already tagged/tagged in specific guilds.

• Recruit in PvE. This is pretty awful with Megaserver, but you still may be able to pull some people in, especially with the seasons starting. You might be able to gain some traction by offering to teach people to play WvW and stressing you're willing to take people who are brand new.

Make sure, whatever you do, you are VISIBLE. Get a room on the server Teamspeak if you haven't already. Come to server meetings. Use the WvW channels when you run. You will absolutely start to make connections with people. I hear from people looking for guilds all the time and I'll happily point them to the guild which is the best fit, even if it's not mine. I imagine others on the server would do the same, but they have to know 1) that you're out there and 2) what kind of players you're recruiting.

Anyway, good luck! I'll keep chiming in as I think of more things.

---

By:

Commander danno.5269

Replied On: 09/04/2014 at 10:38 PM

I have tried recruiting in starter zones like suggested but all i am getting is people from other servers thanks to this stupid megaserver system. At one point i forgot to put SoR in the recruitment message and got someone from darkhaven. I wish this system was never implemented. 

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 09/05/2014 at 06:26 AM

I tend to think recruiting from within WvW is a better bet for you, I just wanted to lay out some options. And while I'm generally a fan of Megaserver, a World Chat feature would help considerably.

---

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved