London
Apr. 19, 2024
2:31 PM BST

My current thief wvw/spvp/pve build

By:

Kingdeath.6534

Posted On: 12/17/2012 at 06:13 AM

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYAQNAsa....GbNuak1sCZQxsAA

Still running that. Made for roaming and bursting people. It does both of those things very very well. Haste + Pistol Whip is overpowered.

I've played with a survivability/control spec, and I live forever, but you don't count as standing on the point when you're stealthed - so thief is naturally worse at this role than other classes.

In my experience, thieves cannot be tanky. The closest I've come is the aforementioned stealth heavy build, which is super survivable, but it certainly doesn't soak damage - and you don't cap while stealthed.

Viable builds outside of what I posted are venom/share with various weapon-sets, and that is really it as far as tournament pvp goes. I guess you can get away with running other stuff, but it will be less than optimal.

Kingdeath 80 Mesmer
Sobeknofru 80 Guardian
Justice Hole 80 Thief

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Kingdeath.6534

Replied On: 12/17/2012 at 06:25 AM

My current spec has a slight variation in it. Only taking 10 pts in trickery. Taking deadly arts to 25 for more dps. 5 pts into acrobat for speed on dodge.

Kingdeath 80 Mesmer
Sobeknofru 80 Guardian
Justice Hole 80 Thief

By:

rchu.8945
   Member of Caedas

Replied On: 12/19/2012 at 07:51 AM

good to see some thieves still rocking the main hand sword :)

I was Dagger / Dagger for a while, but after trying out the sword I just prefer that style better, although I do notice the significant drop in dmg compare to a typical backstab burst build.

Now I use Sword / Dagger with short bow for weapon swap, currently spec 25/30/0/15/0. But with the recent patch of increased pistol dmg I might just check out this build (and other pistol off hand build) and see I like it.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved