London
Apr. 26, 2024
9:09 AM BST

Beta Friday Next Week ( W vs W ) ?

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Posted On: 08/01/2015 at 08:15 PM

How many of the guilds are going to be doing any W vs W for the beta weekend and does any large groups have any scheduled times for doing so ? I was also wondering how this will effect re-set night and who plans on doing re-set night instead of doing anything with the beta. My plans are to keep my event up and running for Friday night and play around with the beta on Saturday at some point.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 08/02/2015 at 03:58 PM

reset isnt a hyphenated word you wierdo!

something thats been on my mind past few weeks... wvw is sick.

this is the result of a combination of issues starting with the terrible class balance from the 6-23 patch.  move forward to golem week even and the resulting feelings of disillusionment many of us are feeling.  follow up with anet dev's mike and colin telling us to suck a fat one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajDiZkUNpe0

Ill comment on this, while almost no one is a pure wvw player in the sense when we first got the game we explored every aspect, ran all dungeons and did map completion wvw is the only reason 90% of the player base even bought the game in the first place.

I had a realization today; GoM is my personal nemesis.  Being tier locked with that server for months has shaped us from the way we organize, to the way we fight and defend.  Ive pushed myself extremely hard in wvw for a long time and now reflecting on the past, it was more of a desire to crush GoM.

currently ppl are looking at the population status and will be bandwagoning to gom, their numbers will swell even greater and we wont be able to catch them.  I just cant seem to care about DB, AR or BP.  We've been fighting gom so long, we know how to beat them.  fighting new servers now, we literally have to relearn wvw and invent new tactics to fight them.

considering all this, then anet throws out the shiney new toys to make us stop crying?  if youre gonna stick with wvw plz buckle up, return seats and trays to the upright position... ride is about the get bumpy.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 08/03/2015 at 11:44 AM

Yeah, grab your ankles ;) And yeah, Mike O'Brien's comments were a good look into what Anet devs think about WvW. Thats not news to us though. Props to Rayana for her comment. And she's also nice to look at to boot.

Mike's comment started quite a few angry threads on the Anet forums and quite a few infractions were handed out. Most of the Ppl I play with bought gw2 for WvW. So much potential being wasted. Oh well, I'm OK with being an "exception". 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Commander synosius.9876

Replied On: 08/03/2015 at 03:48 PM

there is the possibility they will let us play the desert bl map  =^_^=

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 08/03/2015 at 09:43 PM

That would be awesome! It would be a start on making up for the golem debacle. BTW Eko, I saw your link from Wolfineer's YT channel. If that wasn't just lip service, it sounds like maybe there's some "good" changes coming. Eventually...At least some major gripes from us WvW players are being addressed. I always find it pretty depressing that there are hardly any red posts or threads in the Anet WvW forums. Especially the ones where a kitten ton of players are looking for answers or even a response. I have been looking around at other mmorpg games with a WvW/RvR game mode,  but IMO gw2 is the best atm. I've seen and heard quite a few ppl saying they're waiting for the forthcoming Camelot game, but it looks clunky and its kind of ugly. I know it's at alpha phase at the most, but jeez WoW looks better than that. The only thing I think that looked cool was attacking a keep in the dark. Oh, and it looks like you can have a vast loadout to equip yourself with. I do like the idea of not being predictable in your build. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev

By:

Commander synosius.9876

Replied On: 08/04/2015 at 09:05 AM

I think wvw as we know it is coming to an end.  the months ahead will have wvw pop at all time low.  then they will release the desert map but its  going to be more in the old style open world pvp.  Theres reasons to be on the map other than wvw, there will be pve noobs hanging around confused why you are ganking them.

Only thing to do is accept the transition gracefully

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 08/04/2015 at 01:15 PM

That is something I hope we do get to do is the desert map. It will definitely change how things are done.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 08/04/2015 at 08:55 PM

I guess we'll see how HoT changes things...I'm just glad I still have Counter Strike and Battlefield to get my pvp fix if I need to. Though with me playing almost all my game time in gw2, I've become a noob. Lost that muscle memory. I actually played bf3 today for a couple hrs with some guildies, and had a blast, but wow I just suck now. If anyone plays cs/csgo/dod or any BF game but  Hardline or bf4, pm me your info for Steam and/or Origin and we can shoot some faces. Or find me in SoR TS...

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved