Tunes: What Music Do You Listen To While You Play?
Moscow
Mar. 28, 2024
12:07 PM MSK
Sydney
Mar. 28, 2024
8:07 PM AEDT
Hobbiton
Mar. 28, 2024
10:07 PM NZDT
Seattle
Mar. 28, 2024
2:07 AM PDT
Chicago
Mar. 28, 2024
4:07 AM CDT
New York
Mar. 28, 2024
5:07 AM EDT
London
Mar. 28, 2024
9:07 AM GMT

Tunes: What Music Do You Listen To While You Play?

By:

Commander Shadowfurr.3681
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Posted On: 11/19/2014 at 01:37 AM

Hey everyone,

As the title says: What music do you find yourself listening to while you play?

I will usually listen to: NightcoreAlternative, or Electro/House.

EDIT: Also, one of my favorite bands, City of Lions

click each one... IF YOU GOT THE GUTS, KIDDO :P

What about you guys, do you listen to music, what kind? Or do you prefer to play games to the in-game soundtracks?

» Edited on: 2014-11-19 02:13:22

» Edited on: 2014-11-19 02:23:03

Leo Kraum, the sneaky, super thief that sometimes likes to mess around and not take anything seriously.
Founder and Guild Leader, Legion of the Mistfire Blade [MIST]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

sixshot.5798
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/19/2014 at 02:48 AM

hooooooooooo boy. music while playing, eh? This is gonna be a very very long thread. Well, lemme get this out of the way first. I listen to a lot of anime/jpop songs. So for anyone who isn't an anime/manga nut like me, some of the names or titles may fly over your head. Don't worry. It's not restricted to that.

music by (because of FLCL) "the pillows," KOTOKO, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, a few Orange Range, a few L'Arc~en~Ciel, some WORLD ORDER, several of Horie Yui, a handful of Tamura Yukari. Also got a bunch of tunes from an old anime classic called Bubblegum Crisis (which still rocks even to this day). And no thanks to Initial D anime, a lot of Eurobeat tunes are in my library. Lastly, for a bit of easy listening, there's "the Indigo," who have done music for various anime titles but probably most known for "Aoi Yori Aoshi".

As for the ones that people most likely recognize, Daft Punk's Discovery, Random Access Memories, a few tracks from TRON Legacy. There's also the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol.1 that was recently snagged for free (via Google Play). I also have several Owl City albums in my collection. Having grown up in the 80s, there's Michael Jackson's Thriller, and his follow-ups Bad and Dangerous.

Recently I have been piecing together a few classic oldiekittens just to add a bit of variety. This is due to how I personally feel about today's stock of popular music being played and promoted on the radio airwaves. Elvis Presley, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Jackson 5, Carpenters, CCR, and so forth, some of their big hits find my way into my random listening playlist.

There are tons others that I didn't bother to list. Because of I were to list each track that is either in my library or on my streaming playlist, it'd probably span more than 10 pages. ( http://imgur.com/nkitQjY - this is how it looks like now )

By:

BorgFalaria.6190
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 11/19/2014 at 07:13 AM

I like a wide variety of music. Industrial, EBM, IDM, EDM, Powernoise, Synthpop, Darkwave, Coldwave, Dark Ambient, Futurepop, Ethereal, Experimental, Deathrock, 80's, 90's, Top 40 dance/pop music and what Fog has playing on the TS/Raidcall DJ. :P Current playlist while running to the beats around the BL to get my blood pumping :P

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfT7wmOBUrVlgYEwqP4AHsstot2RuzJO6

By:

Commander sscripko.5387
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 11/20/2014 at 05:52 AM

I find there is something poetic about playing Nights in White Satin during the nighttime in WvW and taking a few keeps.

------

Archangels Haven [HALO] - WvW Command Team. Purchaser of the Golems. TS Administrator.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/20/2014 at 02:46 PM

You can find my playlist at: http://www.gaiscioch.com/clubgaiscioch

Follow me on Spotify at: https://play.spotify.com/user/ofoglada

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander SylverMeadow.1457
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 11/22/2014 at 03:14 AM

» Edited on: 2014-12-22 21:07:56

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 11/22/2014 at 03:32 PM

"Slaughter without Laughter"  I like it. :)  I am proud to say I have over 5,000 hours in game and still listen to the soundtrack.  If I where to play something else, but it would require me to do work..... I don't like to do work.... I would probably play some old school No Doubt, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins(pretty much anything grunge or close to it from the 90's.  If I want something harder it would have to be Flyleaf, Godsmack, Metallica, Ozzy or any of the classics in that direction.  Not a fan of Techno other then maybe some Ferry Corstin works.  Can't stand country(ever notice its always about a few things.... Drunk, wife or loved one leaving, Trucks/tractors, Dogs?)  I say lets bring back the 90's for music.

BTW, I do have the Miley Cyrus, "I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball" clip for when I take things... Unfortunately as mentioned above, I hate work, so I haven't figured out how to play it on TS >:)

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander ZeroBeat.7068
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 09/23/2015 at 02:45 AM

I'll listen to anything that isn't country/opera. But typically ill listen to something of electronic nature. 

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Replied On: 09/24/2015 at 12:45 PM

Chill things are what I enjoy for general play.

https://youtu.be/H48idLrgFaU

When I PvP doe?

https://youtu.be/XbGs_qK2PQA

Professor Bannister, engineer

By:

Harakael.5830

Replied On: 09/25/2015 at 12:47 PM

FURIKURI!!!

Mainly eseential mixes from pete tong producing, prior to 2015,

Then i have a winamp database of all music ive heard since 98 or 99 :D

Electronic mainly, nono vocal, or TS is weird

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander Grolyn.2359

Replied On: 09/26/2015 at 09:30 PM

:D I Love these posts!

I for general PvE wanderings stuff like:

For WvW:

Submit more music people so I can add :DDDDDDDDDDD!~

» Edited on: 2015-09-29 10:06:11

final photo ss2015-09-10at02.30.38_zpsjppvm2bu.jpg
Bold.Affordable.Delicious.

By:

Silent The Gray.3091
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 09/27/2015 at 08:54 AM

I have a wide variety of music that I listen to: Blackmill, Adventure Club, Coyote Kisses, The Glitch Mob, Nero, Bassnectar, Rob Thomas, Robin Schulz, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Two Steps from Hell, 3 Doors Down, Shinedown, The Immediate, Everlast, Cream/Eric Clapton, Journey, Nightwish, Kaskade, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, The Mooney Suzuki, Daft Punk, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Above & Beyond, and last but not least, The Chrono Cross OST.

And here's one specifically that is rather fitting for when I'm trying to hide out in WvW ;)

Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T-sGC37XHE

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 09/27/2015 at 03:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge67vLGTwSM

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved