London
Apr. 28, 2024
11:06 PM BST

Organizing A Second Tequatl Kill & Why We Guest

By:

Phineas Poe.3018
   Member of Ethereal Guardians

Posted On: 03/24/2014 at 07:53 AM

Hey all, this is Phineas Poe, a senior officer of Ethereal Guardians [EG].

As most of you know, EG kills Tequatl daily as a guild.

We do try and make a point to kill him as often as possible on Sanctum of Rall, to give you guys the best opportunity for rewards, but sometimes the number of Rallians (and others that guest to our server) result in EG members being left out. Given that our Tequatl kills are a guild event, not a server event, we are unfortunately forced to guest in such situations to a lower population server.

We do not like doing this. We do not like leaving you guys out of our kills. We do not like removing you guys the opportunity to get your loot.

So when we guest, please do not think we do it out of spite, or that we do not care about you. We do, but we are a very large guild with a lot of dedicated members, and sometimes you just have to make a choice. It is not a choice we like making, because we do have friends outside of the guild that have been left out of our kills.

It may be hard for you to believe me, but there's nothing more satisfying to me than to see a random player participate in our Tequatl kills and receive Tequatl's Horde: an ascended weapon with the stats of their choice with a unique skin. It is perhaps one of the best drops in the game, and I feel like seeing some newer, less experienced player walking away with a mound of goodies is exactly what these world events stand for; we like helping the server, and we like to maximize the number of kills we do on Sanctum of Rall. It is why we haven't changed our time, and is why we open our TS info to the server at large so you guys can truly be a part of it.

But unfortunately this Saturday we were forced to guest. This decision was met with vitriol. Personally leading Saturday's kill, I felt somewhat guilty and responsible. And I was met with tons of whispers that continued to flood well after Tequatl was dead and we had begun our WvW run.

"Why did you leave us?"

"What about us? You just don't care."

"Why can't you do another kill?"

I need to remind you all, at large, that we are not TTS. We are a general interest guild. We do world events other than Tequatl. We just don't have the interest or the numbers to do multiple Tequatl kills. We are trying to do our part in rebuilding Sanctum of Rall's WvW community. We are teaching newer players how to run dungeons and fractals. We are working on legendaries. We are praying to the RNG gods for fractal weapons. We organize our own guild events, run guild missions, and simply play Guild Wars 2 for more than just dodging fish heads in Sparkfly Fen. We're actually somewhat ready to move beyond Tequatl at this point and to start organizing Wurm events in its place.

I do not come to you to complain, or to give you excuses. This is a less than ideal solution. We do not like guesting. So I am going to come to you all with a proposal: help us organize a second kill. Help us widen the margins a bit and give players a better guarantee for loot.

But we cannot do it ourselves. We are more than happy to assist other guilds into teaching them how to organize their own kills, how to do defense and turrets, how to command the zerg. We are willing to teach you this. I am willing to teach you this. But you all as a community must come at me, at us, at least halfway.

Even if you can only bring 5 players, know this: it takes only 30 people to organize the defense groups on the whole. A few smaller guilds can take care of it in its entirety. And while I cannot guarantee 100% success, I can assure you that your work will eventually pay off. Tequatl as a fight is best designed to be killed with 60-75 players. You do not need a full map to complete it.

So I am going to go ahead and extend a hand here: if you are interested in organizing a second Tequatl kill, please contact me in-game at Phineas Poe.3018. I cannot guarantee that this will happen. I cannot guarantee a time or a date. I cannot guarantee that you will be successful on the first try, or even the second or third tries. But I guarantee you that if you work with me, we will find a more ideal solution to this problem. Because it is fixable. But we cannot fix it alone.

Thanks all.

» Edited on: 2014-03-24 07:54:10

» Edited on: 2014-03-24 07:55:48

» Edited on: 2014-03-24 07:58:12

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 03/25/2014 at 05:43 AM

I am bringing this idea to Chariot of Fire [FIRE].  I cannot promise more than 5-6 if they are interested, because we are a casual group and have varying online time.  Maybe there are some smaller tasks that we can be utilized for?  We are talking about setting up a designated day/time event for assisting in a coordinated Teq run. 

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Phineas Poe.3018
   Member of Ethereal Guardians

Replied On: 03/26/2014 at 08:38 AM

Thank you for the response.

All it takes is five players to fill up a defense group (i.e., south turret defense), so please do not hesitate to offer up your services. I'll add you to my list when I sign on later today. Feel free to contact me in game and we can discuss specifics.

By:

Llew Belyn.9670
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 03/26/2014 at 11:44 AM

I remember joining you guys for my first ever Tequatl kill some time ago - good times! My schedule is a bit weird at the moment but I'd be glad to get involved and bring some other Gaiscioch [GSCH] along. We always have people around so that should help.

» Edited on: 2014-03-26 11:45:17

By:

ceol.9175
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 03/28/2014 at 11:43 PM

I mentioned in the server meeting, but I'd like to reiterate here that I would be happy to help out in any way I can.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved