10:34 PM EDT
London
Mar. 29, 2024
2:34 AM GMT

SoR Dungeon Run friendly competition.

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Posted On: 11/02/2014 at 01:03 PM

I am Mistress Collisto from [EVIL], I would like to throw out an idea to all of you and see what bites...

I am proposing an Arah Dungeon path 4 run for our server.  We will all start at the same time on any given Friday or Sunday(Saturday nights most guilds run there events) night and as each group completes the path they will take a screenshot with the time.  There would be no prizes, no rewards beyond that of completion, guild pride and a sense of completion.  We would do this event once a month to start with a different dungeon path or we might even have to do all 3-4 paths depending on the dungeon and times involved. 

Some ideas of rules on this would be...

-Full group of your guildies(no solo runs)

-One person from each group at least logged into our public Sanctum of Rall TS, or maybe we open temp rooms for each guild and use it exclusively for this event.  We could also maybe use CComs in a more limited way then the norm for commanders if we would all like to jump into one room?

There could be other rules and I would suggest those interested please list some you may think would be needed. 

The goal in all of this would be to get our SoR guilds together in something that can be fun and enjoyable to all.  Something where we can all compete in a friendly and meaningless way while getting to know each other.  This is kind of like Sccripkos idea only each team would be composed of a full guild group and not normally mixed.  Maybe this could work as an add on to Sccripkos idea, Sccripkos could work every week and this would just be to wrap it up once a month in a competitive way?  Looking for ideas here... Feel free to add...

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

katubug.6378
   Member of Starbuck

Replied On: 11/03/2014 at 11:04 PM

I personally quite like the idea. I might suggest that we start with something a little less intimidating, like AC or SE. I know that my guildies like dungeoning, but a lot of us have bad experiences with Arah p4 (lol) and might not want to add any competition to it. Maybe we could do that a few tries in?

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 11/04/2014 at 12:00 AM

"but a lot of us have bad experiences with Arah p4"  Haha, I know that feeling, my guild was right there too... Maybe in the next couple weeks a couple of your guildies or yourself and another would like to join a few of us to complete it?  Pass our know how on to you guys so you can practice while knowing the basics.  Our first attempt as a guild group took 3 1/2 hours to complete.  Its still usually a couple hours, but we always get it done now. :)

Maybe we would start then with the new TA path as I am of the mindset the first ever run like this should maybe be the best of the best from all guilds involved, then we mix things up so all of our members can take part.  But really this idea is just about getting everyone on the server or within guilds from SoR to mix it up with people they normally play with but don't really know.  I will continue looking for feedback from other guilds on board with giving this a shot and get back to you.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander DaGinger69.8730
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 11/04/2014 at 06:27 PM

Yeah its true alot of people have bad experiences in Arah path 4 but we have also had many fun and memorable experiences in there. plus some of the funnest and funniest discussions i have ever had the privilege of being a part of. i was in the first group from our guild to complete it and i would gladly take part in any event concerning getting to know more of the guilds around SOR or any events dealing with Arah path 4 (my new favorite dungeon path in the game).

Lerroy Jenkins Harbinger of [EVIL] www.devilsprayer.enjin.com

By:

Commander socialbudderfly.5970

Replied On: 11/04/2014 at 06:42 PM

All in all, I think this would be a great event that could easily be turned into a community event for SoR that is done with many if not a majority of the SoR guilds. I think this is a great opportunity to allow guilds to get to know one another a lot better and build better bonds in the community entirely.

That's just my opinion, however, with everything going on with WvW, guilds leaving, etc, we really need something that will bring people together, and a simple, fun, competition between guilds for quickest speed run of specific dungeon paths could easily just do that. There is fun to be had, bonds to be strengthened, and the overall getting the community closer together than it ever has before.

Devilzprayer|Devilzsorrow|Dr Prayer|Lyrium Moonfeather

Guild Leader and Founder of Devilz Prayer [EVIL]

By:

McMottle.3605
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 11/05/2014 at 02:09 AM

"That's just my opinion, however, with everything going on with WvW, guilds leaving, etc, we really need something that will bring people together, and a simple, fun, competition between guilds for quickest speed run of specific dungeon paths could easily just do that. There is fun to be had, bonds to be strengthened, and the overall getting the community closer together than it ever has before."

Agreed 100%. Good luck to the event, hopefully it has many participants! I'd like to see what other guilds think of this soon.

- Hera Ossa

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved