London
Apr. 29, 2024
8:57 AM BST

All-Server Meeting: Brief summary

By:

Commander maocat.8427

Posted On: 02/21/2014 at 06:50 PM

Meeting info

144ish people showed up for the official Council of Awesome.

Really basic minutes

-We want to be friendlier than before. We want to train up new people, and new commanders.
-We want commanders in BLs, tagged up. Otherwise people join and leave immediately.

-Commanders should try to type up some of their orders, so that people not in TS can stay in the loop.

-We might need to recruit new guilds from other servers, since our competitive folks mainly left.

-How to advertise our new improved friendly WvW to other players?

-Teamspeak, Raidcall 5012, or some other method?

-JavaChips is looking into setting up a Teamspeak with 200 slots

-OK to use EG TS until time being
etherealguardians.teamspeak3.com = EG

-PPT or "playing for fights"?

-"Be nice to people" especially PvX players - Chao

-You can't easily "convert" people to hardcore WvW players. We can be welcoming, and get people to come and have fun.

-Be encouraging and not a total kittenhead if you're commanding. You can be intense, but...

-Coordinate with other guilds for WvW.

Friday night as dedicated WvW Night?

-Use sanctumofrall.com - dedicated site

-TW not planning on moving unless the fights are bad, per KushLovely

-[Choo] Tytos Hill - Choo is leaving because they felt the recruiting pool was getting poorer and poorer. Coming in 3rd place over and over again was murder for server morale.

-[GSCH] Makato: from Reddit Refugees. They did a lot of public activities, and there was an active community even if you missed something in game. They had a website, etc.

-Who is going to lead the rebuilding?

-"Profession night" idea from Hel. Learning how to play a profession and how to counter it... and for fun.

» Edited on: 2014-02-21 18:58:00

» Edited on: 2014-02-22 08:53:20

Isolithonomicon [Moa]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 02/21/2014 at 06:56 PM

Audio Recap Link Here

» Edited on: 2014-02-21 18:57:46

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 02/22/2014 at 09:31 AM

Thank you everyone for attending. I think we made some excellent progress. I have a really good feeling about the future of SOR and the people who call it home.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Rosie.5329
   Member of Pain Train Choo

Replied On: 02/23/2014 at 06:08 PM

We are going back to basics.. I think that is a fallacious idea.

Rosie

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 02/24/2014 at 01:25 AM

Which ts do we use for wvw now?

By:

Commander Dharkon.6481

Replied On: 02/24/2014 at 05:13 AM

@Rosie:  Care to elaborate, or perhaps present some insight on what you feel would be more suitable?  Please share your opinions when you accuse of fallacy the decisions of over 130 people who showed up for the meeting to decide the best course of action in these trying times.

@Wayne: The new TS for the community was set up at ts.sanctumofrall.com.  There's actually a link for it in the WvW section of this website.

» Edited on: 2014-02-24 05:16:52

» Edited on: 2014-02-24 05:19:32

-Dharkon

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 02/28/2014 at 11:08 AM

Unfortunately Friday nights are not always a go for me to attend meetings like this nor have I ever been asked to.  I feel with the absence of WvW guilds we need to look outside the traditional box for leadership on this.  I just like Benjamin do not plan on taking over, running or leading a server.  However I feel most of our guilds big and small, but primarily those say 100+ plus members should be included in discussions here on out on how to rebuild this community. 

I can not find a suitable forum for what I am typing below, so I am sorry if it is out of place and maybe I should have made a new thread.  If it is to far off topic or in the completely wrong area please move it.

Things that I would like to see or discussed in future meetings...

1) Push this site or another if it is desired(as Benjamin has said this is not the hardcore, to the point site some have thought it was)

2) A place where anyone or maybe guild leaders registered here can offer advice, notes, or questions that they feel should be brought up at meeting to discuss.

3) Maybe a calender that is primarily WvW where our guilds can schedule times they would like to cover even if it is only a 5 man group, that would show those who are wanting to do there part could help cover open slots or add to when they are very low.

Issues that I feel need to be ironed out a little before we can hit this hard in WvW(of course we desire to remake ourselves as competitors)

A) PPT vs Bags...  This is the one issue I have the hardest time grasping with this server...  Why would we farm for bags in WvW?  If it is just farming or loot we want, there are way more effective ways of getting it in PvE.  I feel when we say we are just there for bags it is nothing more then making an excuse for why we are loosing.  Zerg Crushing is fun, but in our current state that may not be doable anymore.

B) Karma Train...  Why?  I have many guild members who have expressed disgust with the greed of people on our servers.  How they would willingly through away any ppt we have or may have just to score some personal karma or rank in WvW.  We understand that on a Thursday and we are 10k+ down we probably don't stand a chance to change our rank.  But what is discouraging is that if those same people who are karma training would have all come out for an hour or two midweek maybe we wouldn't be 10k+ behind.  We can't force people to play in one specific way, but we can discourage or

C) Some sort of Commander training?  Maybe and I hate to through tags around, but seeing as how SORC is used more as a dedicated server guild and less of an actual organized running guild we can also use it for recruiting potential commanders in training where strategy and basics are taught on a regular basis?  Things like How to use siege and where to put it, how combo fields work and can benefit a group, running havoc, and many other things that Commanders should have a basic understanding of and can take back to there own guilds.  I only used SORC as I know it exists as a temp guild for events, but maybe a new one is formed just so people can work together with or without displaying a tag for these training events?

These are all issues I have seen or Guild Members have stressed to me about what we see or want to see addressed in the future for our WvW.  Anyone is free to contact me in game, ign Mistress Collisto.  I will see what I can do to attend whatever meetings I can in the future if not just to represent my small group of WvW people.  I am sorry if any of the above was covered in the audio posted, I have not had time to listen to it all.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved