London
Apr. 24, 2024
4:44 AM BST

SoR WvW

By:

Commander Testing.1234

Posted On: 12/22/2013 at 11:42 AM

Hey guys, Caramon Hammersmash here.

I'd just like to say that I'm loving SoR's WvW, and we are flourishing with the new guilds and new players coming in to play. First of all, for those that are getting off their finals and might not know what to do now that you have time on your hands, I'd like to invite you guys to join the SoR WvW community. We use a server teamspeak3 so we can be very tactical. Even if you can't get ts3, we'd still love to have you guys join us! (I'll link the ts3 download link below). Also, if you are looking to get into WvW but are confused, feel free to contact any active WvW commanders (Or players). Some of the most active are Caramon Hammersmash, Indo Xx, Lord Green Arrow, Dgins, Esamo, Guardian of Rall, and some others (If you feel like I left your name out, leave it in the comments below). Just feel free to whisper any one of us and ask us ANYTHING. We actually like hearing those odd questions because then we know people are getting interested! We also hold Friday night server meetings starting at 4-6 PM server time if you guys would like to pop in and listen :D

My second topic would be our good/bad sides of WvW. First of all, I'd like to state that our actual players are AMAZING. Even though we don't fight for PPT always, we beat BG and JQ 24/7 with our actual zergs when we have them. We are extremely good at coordinating fights, listening to commanders, and scouting when needed. Our borderland scouting is really amazing because I love to know when another borderland is loosing a keep or something important. Our players are also very good at borderland hopping to save those points! Now, when we scout, it would help to use a treb behind ALL gates. Trebs do about 18k damage to rams with an insane knockback. This also gives the zergs a few more minutes to get to the point and help defend. If you see a treb being unmanned as a tower/keep is being attacked, hop on it. First, shoot a cow at the gate (If you have at least 2 in mastery) to drain their supplies. Afterwards, spam rocks to knock them off and kill any rams they have on the gate. This will double or triple the time it takes for them to take down the gate. Also, if you are a guild commander running in a zerg of your guildies, great! Just please let the commander know if you'll be there to help defend. Also, please tell your commander that you are running tagless. I know it irks some people when they are trying to get a fatty blob to smash another zerg but they can only get 20-30 on them because a guild is running tagless. Again, that is absolutely fine to go tagless as I do it as well sometimes, just try to tell your commander that you're there!

Overall, I'm loving how SoR is working together now, and I really hope we can keep this going. And please, if you have ANY wish whatsoever to try to join the SoR WvW community, join in! If it isn't fun for you at first, maybe try later. We have tons of different commander types, and we all play our own way! Okie Dokie guys, Thanks for reading. I'll post the link for Teamspeak3 download as well as a guide to learning how to set it up!

Happy hunting and Viva SOR!

-Caramon Hammersmash

Here is the link to download Teamspeak3:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Once you install it, open the tab. In the top left corner, there  is a "connections" kittenon. Click it, then click "Connect." Our server's IP for ts is "ts.zerodrama.org" Set your name as [GUILD] MAIN CHARACTER. At first, if you are new, you'll have a little hazard sign next to your name. Just tell your commander to please verify you. The commander will most likely ask you to type your name out in map chat (So we know that you aren't a bg/jq spy in our ts3). After you get verified, you should be good to go! If you have any other questions, feel free to whisper/send me an in-game mail.

Thanks for reading! (If you feel like I've left out any somewhat important information, add it to the comments below)

» Edited on: 2013-12-22 13:37:52

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 12/22/2013 at 05:04 PM

Really need people to help me pass the battlefield access code around so people can actually read the WvW forums. Or I can remove the requirement for it.

Access Code: oldroar

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Sekkerhund.3790
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 12/22/2013 at 05:47 PM

IMO, having the code does more harm than good and is a turn-off for a majority of players.  They just want to play a video game, not join the NSA.  Security codes are nice in theory, but its an extra variable (aka PITA) that people have to either find out and/or remember.

edit: I guess that I should note this isn't just personal opinion, its based on various comments that I've seen in chat channels, regarding reluctance to use this site.  Its like my reluctance to install and use TS3, when I already use Raidcall for GSCH stuff and I really don't want to deal with the headaches of running two VOIP clients for a silly little game, when we have in-game chat channels that work just peachy.

» Edited on: 2013-12-22 17:56:12

By:

Commander Testing.1234

Replied On: 12/29/2013 at 01:41 PM

I've been posting around LA every once in a while. I'll try to post WvW code as well. is it oldroarslegacy or just oldroar? I thought it had legacy before.

It would be nice if this was removed though.

» Edited on: 2013-12-29 13:41:30

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 12/29/2013 at 10:57 PM

It had legacy in it originally but i shortened it. Make sure to only pass it out in WvW. We don't want "Guests" or Overflow getting ahold of it.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Apex Predator.3475
   Member of Acolytes

Replied On: 12/30/2013 at 01:50 PM

Does that teamspeak address still work? Doesn't seem to connect for me.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved