London
Apr. 25, 2024
9:10 PM BST

My .02

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Posted On: 10/16/2014 at 04:25 PM

I'm on my phone, sorry if my sentence structure comes out funky....

I wanted to say to the new or returning SoR WvW players who've seen the couple not so positive posts or threads lately, that since I moved here to SoR a month or so ago from Maguma, I've had an overall positive experience. I've yet to have a "bad" experience in Wvw. There's been some exasperation here and there, but that's competition. And playing the same servers who outnumber you for 3-4 weeks almost in a row can make anyone exhausted. As long as it's not personal, it's all good.  This forum and the server have been a great tool for me to learn more. And we have some awesome commanders and players here who I've learned a lot from as well.  And I thank you all for that. I wanted to convey that to you guys/gals. i think you should hear that. Most everyone seems to want this community to thrive and get better. I doubt it's for lack of trying. I don't regret leaving Maguma at all. And I will help SoR in any way I can, in game or out of. 

That being said, imo I believe one of the main factors SoR isn't getting the turnout, or people staying in WvW is because ppl aren't logging into TS. That's doing us no favors. If we see someone in WvW and you don't see them in TS, guide them in. I do see ppl give the TS server info in mapchat, but maybe ask if anyone needs help setting it up to wisper you for help in any way. I honestly think that would do us alla service. It's hard for ppl to learn the ropes when they don't hear what the commander is saying, and they're not getting the whole "community feel" you get when working as a team on TS. It probably seems chaotic in there when they aren't. We kinda have the same problem with my guild(which we're working on). It's not anyone's fault really, it's something we all should try to get the new WvW players to do. I couldn't imagine playing with a group and not being on TS. I come from organized FPS games(CS/DoD), and I couldn't imagine not being in voice coms and competing with other clans/guilds. It doesn't turn out well. Tons of valid points and ideas in the forums the last week or so, we just need to act on them. 

Thanks again,    -JD aka Arya

» Edited on: 2014-10-16 16:30:32

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

Reason:

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved