Mar. 29, 2024
9:08 AM GMT

Saturday Morning Event Idea to Coincide with Social Hour

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 11/25/2014 at 10:57 AM

Hey Everyone,

So as many of you know I'm trying to create a weekly SOR Social Mixer which is accessible to the majority of the people on our server. I am thinking of breaking this 3 hour event into 3 portions and would like the help of every available commander for the last hour of the event.

Situation: 
Gaiscioch is having some pretty alarming growth right now (almost capped again) and most of the people joining us have never played before and picked up Guild Wars 2 on the sale. (Another 50% off sale starts Tomorrow and runs through the 5th.). With this much new blood a lot of players are lost and could use a bit of direction. So what I would like to do is break the event into 3 parts.

Part 1: Guild Wars 2 101 - 9:30-10:30AM PST

This segment would walk players through some key features and work on unlocking waypoints so the new players can join us for some of the Social Hour Activities.

Part 2: Sanctum of Rall Social Hour - 10:30 - 11:30AM PST

During this hour we will do jumping puzzles, epic boss fights, mini-dungeons, living story, or other fun large group friendly activities. 

Part 3: Meet the Commanders In WvW - 11:30AM - 12:30PM PST

I would like to have as many commanders as possible. What I would like to do is have every commander take up to 5 people under their wing and spread out across all 4 wvw maps. This would be a low level friendly event to help introduce the new people to WvW and our SOR commanders. I would like to keep groups small so questions can be asked and they don't feel drowned out.  We would all have different WvW Channels in Teamspeak and can answer questions over voice and in chat as needed. I would suggest focusing on towers and supply camps explaining why each one is important and also on defensive tactics. Each commander would bring some new perspective to the table. Then each week have people rotate commanders. This way it's a good social mingling event that helps players get comfortable running with each commander.

So my question to you guys is who would like to see this become our Saturday event?

I think it would be a really good starting ground and can help segway new players into WvW with the least amount of information overload. 

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Replied On: 11/25/2014 at 02:11 PM

I would certainly enjoy part 3 from my perspective as a commander, and my fondness for meeting people would see me through the first two parts. I would be interested in this event, but have a worry that we're treating WvW more as an event to participate in every few days rather than something that constantly needs to be worked on.

Professor Bannister, engineer

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/25/2014 at 02:38 PM

iTater, there are 2 types of players, the people who play when they want, and the people who play when they can. No matter how much you wish it was different people like myself have to schedule time to play with our jobs, our families, and our friends. The days when I had free time have been long since passed and the only way I am able to play is by scheduling my time around it. What I am hoping to accomplish is to get people knowning the people who are out there. Whether it's scheduled or pickup so that they are familiar with each other when the time comes. If a person can play whenever they like then they will have their commanders they will flock too. If they are a person who likes scheduled events then they will have people to flock to. The key is being sure to cater towards both types of players.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved