11:37 PM EDT
London
Apr. 24, 2024
4:37 AM BST

Defense of home BL

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Posted On: 11/27/2014 at 11:22 AM

Please don't afk at spawn in WvW.  I know this is not always unavoidable.  There have been a number of times I have gone into WvW to find 4-8 people just standing around.  While I will not and can't tell you to not do that, I will try to explain things a little the way that I see it and feel on it.  

When I port onto home BL I try to communicate things in Map chat as best I can.  When I see a handful of of SoR standing there it feels kind of hopeless, feels like it is no longer a battle field but instead just an afk map.  When we loose a structure especially one of the keep to 5 people but yet we have 5 or more at spawn that have not moved it really gets the defender or person making calls down.  Second to that, when we are outnumbered we get a buff, sure these are mostly PvE style buffs, but it helps by allowing that single roamer or small team to get more loot and feel they are doing something really good.  By parking your toon at spawn for an extended time you are just cheating the rest of your server mates out of the buff.

Maybe I am out of place on this?  I am not upset, just trying to explain things a bit... I will be out there possibly leading in a few hours and would love to see some well fed and ready people:)   Hope you are all having a good thanksgiving and even if your not American, I hope today is going great for you.

» Edited on: 2014-11-27 12:28:54

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 11/27/2014 at 04:10 PM

They were probably crafting/using storage/TP.  The game will kick you out rather quickly for inactivity in WvW. I enjoyed the running with you yesterday! We had our BL red while everything else was green, a single tag and some people can sure make a difference nowadays :)

While in this thread I'd also like to share that catapult splash damage makes it so that you only need to hit near the wall to damage it and to tell everyone about some fun places to put catapults that often avoid enemy attention for reuse or be used to pull double duty:

1a. Garrison - West wall; between the gate and the cliff there is a cata spot that can also hit west inner gate.

1b. Garrison - East wall;  between the gate and the cliff there is a cata spot that can also hit north inner gate wall by splashing on tower.

3. Northwest tower - Leftmost side of the cliff where there is still an invulnerable spot that can hit 2 walls or the wall and the gate.

4a. Bay - South; Wall to the left of the gate between tower and terrain can hit inner and outer wall.

4b. Bay - Water gate; right at the tower to the right beside the water.

4c. Bay - East gate; to the left of the gate down the hill you can cata the ground beneath the wall.

5a. Hills - North gate; to the left of the gate beside the cliff there's a spot to cata inner and outer walls.

5b. Hills - North gate ninja wall; to the right of the gate parallel to west inner gate to hit both inner and outer walls.

6a. Southwest tower - below the lords room beneath the bridge.

6b. Southwest tower - From Temple of lost prayers on a pillar you can hit the east wall from behind a tree top.

7a. Southeast tower - Under the bridge from carver's ascent to hit the north wall.

7b. Southeast tower - From carver's ascent from behind a wall to hit the north wall. 

» Edited on: 2014-11-27 16:44:13

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 11/27/2014 at 04:51 PM

Agreed, I am not upset... I may have been a little at the time, and that's going to happen.  Just take a breath and stand up, its all good.

Just want everyone to think a little about that.  The advantage of us being in T8 is that there are no queues.  If you are going out there to do anything, that is good, even crafting.  If you are going out there just to hide and go afk that's not good.

BTW, I had a great time out there too, we got our PPT from 5 up to 290ish at some point.  Everyone that was out last night, all did a great job.  Look forward to more of that type of action. ;)  Maybe next time we will swap Christmas cookie recipes to break the silence of TS.  lol

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 11/27/2014 at 06:24 PM

In this tier every person counts and each commander WILL make an impact.  

When I login during SoR off peak hours I generally look at NW tower first as it is relatively easy to solo with a catapult or omega golem on the cliff (you can get invulnerability while using the siege though cata can still be destroyed while omega can run back to invul spot in 3 steps if youre on the cliff).  

Also if you have a tag up or you're causing white swords you will more often than not draw some server mates that peek in once in a while looking for action and if you do take the tower you will most likely start Karma training the rest of the BL as that generally means your opponents wont be responding to our BL anytime soon.  Lets get out there and have some fun! In SoR fun is not just allowed it encouraged! :-)  

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved