London
Mar. 29, 2024
9:04 AM GMT

RIP Resets

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Posted On: 10/14/2015 at 02:16 PM

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/first#post5609875

Rip in peace WvW, you will be missed.

Professor Bannister, engineer

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/14/2015 at 02:38 PM

Because they moved Reset off of the most popular social outing night of the week and onto a day when people actually can play? I don't see this change a bad thing. If anything this is wonderful because I can now be a bigger part in reset whereas friday nights have been reserved for the wife. This is great news.

Here’s what the Heart of Thorns release will look like for WvW:

1. On the morning of Thursday, October 22nd, WvW will be terminating without completing or updating Glicko ratings as normal. This will be the end of the classic (“Alpine”) Borderlands maps for the foreseeable future.
  2. On entering the build with the new Heart of Thorns content, all of your spent WvW Ability points will be refunded. Recall these can be spent differently per character, and spending them on one character doesn’t spend them on any others.
  3. WvW’s reset time will be changed to be 24 hours later in NA and EU. It will now occur on Saturdays instead of Fridays.
  4. At the moment Heart of Thorns content becomes available, WvW will prepare its maps. Including the new Desert Borderlands map. There’s no guarantee the matchups from earlier in the week will be the same as the new ones (or that they’ll be different).
  5. The new round will run until the new reset times on Saturday, then end and update Glicko ratings. After it comes up again, WvW will be running as “normal” except for the changed reset times and the new Desert Borderlands.

I don't see anything bad here. Only more available bodies on reset night.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 10/14/2015 at 03:28 PM

So SoR Weekly reset meetings will change schedule also?

By:

Commander iTater.4209

Replied On: 10/14/2015 at 10:59 PM

Unfortunately, I know several people who work on the weekends and this becomes a severe problem for them. Approximately twenty people that I know of will be unable to attend any sort of reset raid on a Saturday. The link also has three pages of people mostly complaining about this change. With people finishing work on Friday and coming home to a reset, this allowed the weekend to fill up with people who could have fun. For OCX, this means that reset is in the middle of Sunday, meaning they have very little time to play as opposed to the current situation of a Friday reset. For NA prime, most of Saturday morning will be spent mindlessly karma training which most people seem to be complaining about - and none of the progress made on this day will mean anything as soon as reset rolls around. There's a reason servers drop off after the weekend, and it's because everyone goes back to work - changing it to Saturday night would mean that most of Saturday morning would see some heavy drop off. Not to mention that everyone has a different day to be social... Mine is a Wednesday night when I magically become an alcoholic.

» Edited on: 2015-10-14 23:00:42

This Post By Vlad.7529 Has Been Hidden For Being: Inappropriate Show Post

By:

Commander Vlad.7529

Replied On: 10/14/2015 at 11:26 PM

The problem with this change is that now people will be even more demoralized in WvW. It prevents comebacks. Now that reset starts a day later, there is only 6 days in a matchup. This means that we have 1 less day to shoot arrows as rangers and take camps. 

Not Fog or even his mother can save us from this. If we rally together as a community and post all caps comments on the WvW forums (yes those exist), we may be able to save our server. If we all rally together, we may be able to not drop into tier9.

As Fogs and GSCHs number 1 admirer, i truly wish for this server to succeed.

Even though we are all old, that means we have more wisdom. Because we are all over 60, we have the life experience to beat these higher tier kitten-ters.

OMEN and GSCH are the future GvG guilds and i hope they take over the scene soon to defeat all the noobs.

This Post By Vlad.7529 Has Been Hidden For Being: Inappropriate Show Post

By:

Commander Vlad.7529

Replied On: 10/14/2015 at 11:28 PM

Fog, i hope i can apply to GSCH after i showed my true aspiration to be like you. 

» Edited on: 2015-10-14 23:34:38

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/15/2015 at 06:43 AM

Valid point but that just means well have strength in the final hours. The nice part is usually servers relax in the later week, we ahould be able to drive hard wed thurs fri and sat am and get some nice ppt.

» Edited on: 2015-10-15 06:45:54

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/15/2015 at 06:45 AM

That said who knows what anet has in store long term for wvw ppt. I know theyve been talking about changing how it works just havent seen what their planning yet. Could be great could be aweful who k ows. Only time will tell.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 10/15/2015 at 07:57 PM

Wonder if they have plans then to have current W vs W end and at least show scores ? This kinda puts a damper on doing anything which involves PPT if it isn't really an issue at all this coming reset. I have always wanted to invade an enemy borderland and hold their keeps or garrisons, upgrading them with way points and defending them. Maybe we can have some silly fun this week at least !

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/15/2015 at 08:39 PM

Im down with that grey. Next tuesday lets do that it will be fun. Confuse them :p

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 10/16/2015 at 04:33 PM

Going to kick off my idea on re-set tonight and add events through out the weekend and week.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 10/16/2015 at 08:15 PM

Now reset is going to be Saturdays at 11am PST/2pm EST instead of sat night. Then will go back an hr at daylight savings time. I have mixed feelings about this change, but I also have mixed feelings about quite a few of the WvW changes coming next week, but before I let them bother me I'm going to see how they work live and after things even out. As its been for me the last yr I'm not home on Fridays till an hr or two after reset, and can never make server meetings. I was at one point going to ask if someone could record them for me(or anyone), but it looks like I'll be able to make them now. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Commander Sekkerhund.3790
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/16/2015 at 09:04 PM

People will kitten just because its changed, the details don't matter.  People hate change, especially gamers.  Any day and time that Anet chooses, is going to be "inconvenient for 20 people", that's just an unfortunate fact.  Friday nights were inconvenient for myself and many others that I know, too.  Apparently there were enough other inconvenienced players, that warranted a review for a change.

I'm not saying that Saturday is best, I'll probably be asleep @ 11am PDT, but only 3 or 4 pages of players complaining, doesn't even represent a fraction of a percent of the WvW community.  If it was 30-40 pages, then there might be a valid concern that this might be a poor change for the Wvw community, but as it is, that wheel of dissension needs to squeak a lot louder, to get it changed back.

By:

Commander iTater.4209

Replied On: 10/17/2015 at 09:57 AM

There is currently fifteen pages, so it's not just a few people. They've also said that they will change it once again after the launch of HoT at some point as people are unhappy about it.

By:

Commander LimeTwyst.4076

Replied On: 10/18/2015 at 06:25 AM

The latest https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/page/13#post5617694

"Hello All,

"Launching a game is an enormous undertaking and our teams need time to address any issues that come up. Therefore after launch we must move WvW reset to Saturday. We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

"Since it is clear that we cannot pick a time that will work for everyone, we will be maintaining our original plan of shifting reset by 24 hours, to Saturday evening. That time was based on data for when prime time occurs in each region.

Thank you, 

John"

The reset time is going back to the original plan of Saturday evening, 24 hours after the usual Friday reset.

I was kinda looking forward to having an early reset more like a midday sporting event, but okay. I'm a glass half full type so I'll roll with the changes. I hope we'll still have more people that are able to attend than were able on Friday.

By the way, the general consensus of the various leaders at the server meeting 10/16 was that we should replicate the time shift for our server meeting time - i.e. meet one hour prior to reset. I will message Smitty and Fog since they weren't there to make sure they are aware.

photo GW siggy norn.png

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved