London
Apr. 24, 2024
7:47 PM BST

cheats

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Posted On: 03/29/2014 at 12:31 PM

Can we keep an eye out for these,

alot of claims of people glitching into towers and keeps from our server.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 03/29/2014 at 05:00 PM

"Sor just glitched into our gar at 8am. 15 of them with no rams,no golems. Saw them do it. They ported right into lords room from underground somehow. Please be aware that this can happen. I am not sure what we can do about it though."

From Yak's Bend website.  

If we have people cheating, then we need to try and put a stop to it now.  In now way would I EVER say cheating is ok; winning is not worth it that much.  Let's play fair and show Guild Wars community that SoR contains upright and fair guilds, not cheats.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander Kitty.6219
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 03/29/2014 at 05:00 PM

I don't think we should listen to the rumors as if they were true, otherwise Gaiscioch is leaving SoR, Fog will sell GSCH to another server, everybody will leave to TESO and so forth.

Always, the first rule of online games is: "if they beat you, they are cheating." Also known as the Dunning–Kruger effect!

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Replied On: 03/29/2014 at 05:34 PM

pretty sure not a rumor,he has been reported by an sor guild already.

» Edited on: 2014-03-29 17:38:08

By:

Commander irishrose.9580

Replied On: 03/29/2014 at 08:14 PM

Sorry but if they do not check for mesmers it is their own fault.  There is no exploit that allows people to port into garrison without a mesemer being there first.  There was a problem that arena net was aware of on one or two towers.  This was not something you could cause to happen, you simply found yourself inside when attacking the gate.  This was reported by many SOR commanders to Arena Net as a bug and possible exploit. This was fixed as far as I know as I have not hear of anyone falling inside recently.  I know of no SOR commander that would encourage this type of behavior, nor have I heard of anyone doing this and I have been here since beta on the game.

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 03/29/2014 at 11:37 PM

As Irishrose said, mesmers hide and port ppl from inside tower/keep isn't cheating.  It is tactics that we (me and my old guild EMP) used. 

That is why we always have to sweep after capping.

However, using hack or glitch into tower/keep is indeed something wrong.  I have heard many methods to do it, and hope we don't have anyone on SOR doing those, making our name bad.

By:

rveeeeee.3798

Replied On: 03/30/2014 at 08:19 AM

ok so I was on reddit and read something like this (don't know if their the same) and it has happened on alot of their servers (FSP? and Shiverpeaks) and they have been reporting it to Anet. 

It states that some people can get into an underground section hitting for a near infinite amount of distance anywhere in said keep or gari, wiping lords and/or players in the keep. Names won't show up on who killed you just "xxxxxxx" so it can't be tracked. 

So since someone can do this it would actually be an exploit/hack if that person is a mesmer and ports others into gari/keep from underground.

FYI. Please don't quote me completely as I am typing this from memory.

By:

Commander sscripko.5387
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 03/30/2014 at 11:51 AM

In the last couple of weeks, I've seen people die from "Unknown" repeatedly.  There are also guides on how to drop yourself underneath bay and garrison and cap by killing the lord through the floor.  

While I'm not saying it is impossible, it is extraordinarily unlikely that we will have a mesmer hidden inside a structure that has not flipped for several hours.  

That said, I would doubt that anyone who is using this would bother to read or post on a forum like this.  :)

------

Archangels Haven [HALO] - WvW Command Team. Purchaser of the Golems. TS Administrator.

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 03/30/2014 at 07:07 PM

It is possible they missed a Mesmer without knowing about it. Doesn't mean we cheated. If we did by any chance I hope this never happens again. I want to win but not like that.

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 03/30/2014 at 07:54 PM

We'll not win without tactics, defending, walking yaks, scouts, many other things done, and coverage, even if we cheat this.

So, if anyone knows who is/are doing that, pls stop them.  And if anyone see it is cheat, pls do not follow and cap.

By:

ceol.9175

Replied On: 03/31/2014 at 02:12 AM

It's just Yak's Bend getting upset that they can't charge their huge blob of upleveled characters at everything. They were on the official WvW forums complaining about cheating, but that's all it was: complaining. No proof, no substantial evidence. Pretty obvious they're just throwing a little tantrum because when we have a comparable force and people actually coming out, we mop the floor with them. :)

I haven't seen any proof of this happening, so I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.

By:

Shift Focus.9083

Replied On: 04/01/2014 at 01:57 AM

I highly doubt anyone is cheating.

On another note, SoR has superior WvW tactics than Yak's Bend, the score reflects nothing but coverage as i'm sure you all are aware of, but props to them for having people who can cover WvW almost 24/7, I hope someday we can re-establish our server and bring back our glory days of WvW.

By:

ceol.9175

Replied On: 04/01/2014 at 04:55 PM

Yeah it's such a shame that it's all about coverage. I'm not sure how ArenaNet thought that through. People in different timezones tend to congregate towards different servers, especially if they aren't NA, so obviously only a handful of servers are going to have coverage in the NA off-hours.

If you go on YB's server website, you can see them bragging about holding SoR keeps for 8, 11 hours. Like yeah, if you take it at 6am, you can hold it until 3pm with a handful of people because we have no one on during those times (aside from when our awesome off-hour community comes on!)

What would have worked out much better would have been pitting the three different in-game factions (Priory, Order, Vigil) against each other. That way, they could have grouped the servers up to fill out the faction population but it would have been much more even in terms of numbers and coverage. Essentially what ESO has but instead of a megaserver, a small group of servers.

By:

Shift Focus.9083

Replied On: 04/03/2014 at 05:10 PM

Yeah i'm not sure why they're bragging if what you say is true Lol, I mean if we had an even force and we couldnt take back the keep, congrats you can brag a little, but bragging with no contest? That takes stupidity to a whole new level.

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved