London
Apr. 25, 2024
6:46 AM BST

WvW guide help/suggestions

By:

Commander KooZ.7619
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Posted On: 05/02/2014 at 12:28 PM

I am going to make a WvW complete guide to help people with basic to very advanced tactics/tips. First I need people to give me ideas on what should be included inside. There is so much little things I need to think about that I need help here. Drop comments about what you expect in guide. The one we have here is a little outdated.

Update: I need help making this guide bible, basic is done, now I need help with more advanced/specific stuff like scouting, zerging, etc.

-TheoneKooZ

» Edited on: 2014-05-17 17:37:15

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 05/05/2014 at 06:02 PM

-Builds for each profession/skills/armor and so on. I know Caramon had some good builds for this.

-Siege locations keeps, towers, camps garrison,bay and hills(a lot of times I see no siege in garri

-Open combat(as you said in your other post)

-How about understanding what a commander means when he says vale, blast finishers, other skills that go along with builds(basically commander commands)

-upgrading and defending points

-points that should be first priority(when one is being attacked)

-how to properly stack on a commander(cant stress this enough)

-recipes for superior siege

-tactics of taking points(goes along with siege placement for trebs)

I'll keep thinking but this is what I came up so far!

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 05/05/2014 at 11:19 PM

Importance of TS.  Importance of TS.  Importance of TS. Nuff said.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 05/06/2014 at 07:29 AM

Haha well then how about how not to drop siege when a commander tells you not to.

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/06/2014 at 07:39 PM

Well, I can give out our G unit build (guardian/warrior) if you want.  That is composed 3 guardian with 2 warriors.

But mind you, this group need really disciplined players and lots of practice. Also, the build isn't what ppl usually use and all ppl I talked to before refused to use.  Some even said we lie when I told them you can wipe 30 with these 5. That is just sad to hear.

We wiped 20 or 30 with 8 ppl last night, with only 4 ppl in G unit and they are not fully geared yet.

You can reach me in game or ts.

» Edited on: 2014-05-06 19:50:47

» Edited on: 2014-05-06 19:55:29

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/06/2014 at 07:58 PM

refresh sieges

scouts

offensive & defensive siege placement

By:

Commander KooZ.7619

Replied On: 05/07/2014 at 12:24 AM

That G unit thing sounds great and I can believe to something like that but it sounds a little bit too hardcore for the type of players we have here. However, you could put the builds and explain how it works on these forums for those who could be interested.

All the other stuff is noted and will be included. Tomorrow I will put up the first version of the bible which will contain only the basics for now and will add more later this week.

By:

WayNe.6981
   Member of Ground ZërO

Replied On: 05/07/2014 at 12:39 AM

G unit IS hardcore and have many requirements to meet from players.

From my experience, I have talked to ppl about the builds. It wasn't pleasant experience. Thus, I am not going to waste my time to give out things that no ppl ask for and hear them trashtalk when they deny.  I'll help ppl who are willing to improve or being dedicated to wvw.

Me and my guildies are going in wvw like everyday.  In SEA time, the cmds I used to see are not showing up anymore.  I don't even see many ppl.  Kooz, it is nice of you to build up documents.  I just hope ppl would want to make efforts.  Like what I said on FB, we can't expect other guilds/ppl to transfer to help SOR if our own ppl don't.  And real wvw isn't pve or karma train in wvw.  Karma train is a way to relax or help ppl lvl up, but it is not wvw.  Even if we are casual players, there are still some things that we can help in wvw.  Show your support and help.  Among 15 ppl in a bl, there was no one wiling to scout for 15 min.  That is not support.

PS.  I just think of what we used to say in my college:  No pain.  No gain.

» Edited on: 2014-05-07 01:03:35

» Edited on: 2014-05-07 02:41:19

By:

Commander KooZ.7619

Replied On: 05/17/2014 at 05:34 PM

Bumping this thread because I need help with the guide, I currently cannot spend as much time as I would like to on it so I could use some help. Would like to have people take on some smaller branch of the guide like scouting, siege placement, etc.

By:

Commander buckeyecro.9614

Replied On: 05/18/2014 at 05:24 PM

I'm working on my Engineer Guide, and tailoring it for WvW.

Here's the link: http://www.sanctumofrall.com/discussion/sor_wvw_tactics/post_43701.html

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved