London
Apr. 23, 2024
6:22 PM BST

GLICKO Is Unforgiving

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Posted On: 07/13/2014 at 05:53 AM

This is depressing.  We are stomping our two teams, yet Kaineng is in last place in their matchup.  But, because their matchup is 2 tiers up and ours is t8, their rating increase is higher than ours and Kaineng is actually projected to pass us out at the end of this matchup, dropping us down a level (same tier).  GLICKO is unforgiving and a horrible rating system!

Note: These are PREDICTIONS based upon the current performance of this matchup that MOS Millenium uses to calculate.

» Edited on: 2014-07-13 05:54:26

» Edited on: 2014-07-13 05:54:51

» Edited on: 2014-07-13 05:55:11

» Edited on: 2014-07-13 05:57:47

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 07/13/2014 at 09:34 AM

I don't know, Xivor. We're currently six points ahead of Kaineng and are projected to be two or three behind. And they did beat us substantially next week. If anything, that's showing that Glicko has us roughly in the right spot. 

My major issue with it is that it takes so long to adjust. Took months to let us fall to where we should be. 

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 07/13/2014 at 09:42 AM

We lost last week because we did not push EB at all until the evening, letting them have free points...and because they were stronger on the overnight.  That being said, we had overnight commanders on 4 out of 7 days, so they really didn't milk THAT many points out of us on the overnight.  One day, they bled us dry for sure.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 07/13/2014 at 09:58 AM

Yeah, I mean, Glicko doesn't interpret why we lost. That's important for us to improve for the future. But the fact is, we lost.

I don't think saying "we're evenly matched with Kaineng" is insulting to us given our current level of WvW participation.

Wish I could help with the "pushing EB before the evening" thing, but those of us with 9-5 jobs are a little stuck there.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander persephone.7436
   Member of Ethereal Guardians

Replied On: 07/13/2014 at 10:34 PM

The Glico system has been garbage for this game from the beginning. That being said like playing against the dumb dumbs.

By:

Raf.1078
   Member of Primal Fury

Replied On: 07/14/2014 at 09:01 AM

Except for the last couple of days...Kaineng was averaging 6000-7000 points gained on us every night.   We had a 22K lead on them coming out of the weekend and they made that up plus another 20K points during the overnight / early morning.  It sucks, but thats just a coverage issue. 

We haven't had the manpower to maintain the home BL and push elsewhere during the day...until around 2:30-3PM. Which seems to be the start of Kaineng's coverage problems.  And even then, its not that we have that many more people playing.  Its just that Kaineng has less.

Skillwise...yeah, I'd say we equal to or better in a lot of cases to anything Kaineng can throw at us.

Primal Fury / Sanctum of Rall
Raf Longshanks 80 Guardian / Shai Vulfspawn 80 Necro / Furly Longshanks 80 Ranger / Bellae Donnah 80 Ele / Sierra Thresh 78 Thief / Mystria Selawyll 80 Mes / Freya Longshanks 80 Engie / Selya Steelbane 80 Warrior

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved