London
Mar. 29, 2024
2:31 AM GMT

New Guilds?

By:

Raf.1078
   Member of Primal Fury

Posted On: 07/21/2014 at 07:30 AM

I'm starting to see all sorts of unfamiliar guilds running in WvW lately.  Admittedly, we're fairly new on the server ourselves. 

Are these old guilds getting back into WvW or new folks filtering in?

Just curious.

Primal Fury / Sanctum of Rall
Raf Longshanks 80 Guardian / Shai Vulfspawn 80 Necro / Furly Longshanks 80 Ranger / Bellae Donnah 80 Ele / Sierra Thresh 78 Thief / Mystria Selawyll 80 Mes / Freya Longshanks 80 Engie / Selya Steelbane 80 Warrior

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 08:37 AM

I think you're seeing a bunch of things...

1. Guilds that have been here awhile and are just now starting to push into WvW. My guild, MEGA, fits this case.

2. Guilds that are growing because they're picking up individuals whose previous guild left the server and didn't go with

3. New guilds that are forming as the combination of (or split of) existing guilds - same people, new tag

4. Net new guilds formed by players whose guild has mostly stopped playing - guild leader/officers went to ESO or Wildstar, for example

5. Net new guilds formed by new players - I get the feeling population is growing overall in the game

That's just my thoughts, don't really have much data to back it up. Anyway, welcome new guilds!

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander TheGrimm.5624
   Member of The Murder Junkiesx

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 08:38 AM

8 months now in SoR WvW, definitely seeing new guild names and peeps. Unless people are on alts with new guilds. Would really be nice to be able to see realm mates ranks then that would tell us transfers or people new to WvW. Good hunting!

Envy the Madman his musings when Death comes to make Fools of us all.

The Murder Junkies
GW1/PoTBS/WAR/GW2/CU

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 09:02 AM

It'd be even better if we can get them in the server meeting to introduce themselves. ;-)

---

By:

Raf.1078
   Member of Primal Fury

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 09:45 AM

Timmy said:

".....It'd be even better if we can get them in the server meeting to introduce themselves. ;-)...."

Or even to drop by this site and say hello.

Raf Longshanks 80 Guardian / Shai Vulfspawn 80 Necro / Furly Longshanks 80 Ranger / Bellae Donnah 80 Ele / Sierra Thresh 78 Thief / Mystria Selawyll 80 Mes / Freya Longshanks 80 Engie / Selya Steelbane 80 Warrior

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 11:02 AM

Perhaps something to discuss at the server meeting: how can we start to include folks who are running around with us but haven't been drawn here yet? Especially some of the guild groups we know are out there but hardly make a blip here.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 11:13 AM

It's takes concerned people like yourselves that see them, be friendly to them, message them, and invite them! Have 3 guilds I am doing this with now. We all can participate! 

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 11:20 AM

I am a person who has befriended many of our PvE and PvX guilds of all sizes, I can tell you that many of the ones you are seeing have been here the whole time.  The newer ones that have popped up seem to be members either returning from an extended break, or are new guilds, entirely formed of those members who are either new to the game or are coming back for the first time in many months.  As far as my guild tag [EVIL] we have been around over a year, but it may appear new to some people that we are new, as there are only a few of us currently out in WvW.  I also only tag up a couple times a week and when I do it is in OCX, SEA, or EU times.  Most of these guilds that are not well known, when I have talked to some of them they feel they are unimportant to the success of our server as it is only one or two of them out on the map a couple times a week for a couple hours.  We need to change that and make sure they know that without them, we would not currently be in first place in our current match up.   See a tag you think is new, say "Hi" and "Thanks" to them, they are mostly friendly and we need to encourage them to be more active.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 11:24 AM

And there's always going to be the problem of time zones. I can't actively play during most of the day, so I don't see a lot of the folks who are out there. These forums are a great place for us to meet up! I can't be on GW2 right now because I'm at work, but I can sneak off to the website and see what's going on for a few minutes.

If we can start to get some of those folks on the site discussing with us, we can definitely formulate a better plan.

For example, what's well-sieged and upgraded? When I hop in-game in 3 or 4 hours, what should I expect? What should I be protecting?

We should probably even have a weekly thread where we can keep up with strategy, observations, etc. Pass knowledge along between different time zones.

---

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 11:49 AM

Hi guys,

Im kinda new in the forum but an old player, so good to hear so much new movement in SoR <3

Im from Warfreak [WF] we currently doubled our number, we are only 4 left in SoR,

We hoping to comeback with more numbers like in prestart, and after that :D

Ive felt a huge change in WvW, being almost daily or each 2 days at least a couple of hours and in TS sometimes,

It feels how zerg, commanders and ppl in general know more of each other now, sorry if this isnt new but it is for me! i usually soloed wvw like a lot of ppl do, and being in a party and in ts really helps out :D Teamplay is felt all time, its such a great sensation, ty all commander and guilds hard work <3 

For blood and honor brothers!!! cya in the field tonight ;)

-Greenstone

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Raf.1078
   Member of Primal Fury

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 11:49 AM

Like Timmy, I'm at work all day, but I monitor millenium and I've been seeing unfamiliar guild tags quite frequently claiming camps, towers and keeps.  Much more so than a month ago.   This is great.

Btw...PF's main playtime is usually US Days (EU time).  We play at night a bit, but days are probably the most populated.  If any smaller guild members on a daytime schedule happens to read this, PF welcomes any Rallians (militia) who might want to run with a larger group.  Don't be shy.  If you ever see PF running on any map, we'd love to have you come along.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 12:05 PM

Hi Greenstone! Welcome! Keep building WF, and if you see any MEGA folks around, be sure to say hi! We're a friendly bunch.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 12:21 PM

Greenstone, you guys are welcome to join us on Fridays on TS for our Wvw reset meeting at 5pm server time. It is open to ALL Rallian! I will be leading this week's meeting! 

By:

Commander kittybock.5683
   Member of Primal Fury

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 12:29 PM

Hey All, and welcome Greenstone. 

Since PF's move to SOR, we've noticed more and more return to WvW.  Though I was not able to stay on as long as normal this AM, while I was helping on SOR BL at least two players were chatting with us in map, which had just returned to the game.  One player had been away almost a year! 

It was nice to be able to roam around and just chat for a change, as some do not enter voice and we get so wrapped up with "storming the castle" or defending that people may forget to just be silly and chatty in map, on occasion.  :D

Hopefully, Commanders entering the codes in map will raise awareness of the website....although, maybe we could make a separate blurb to use for just touting the site itself?  Something like, "need info on WvW and Guilds, check out..." 

» Edited on: 2014-07-21 12:30:00

Kitty

Commander Kittaene
Guild Leader, Primal Fury

Commander Kittaene 80 Guard/ Kittaene 80 Warrior/ Kittybock 80 Ele/ Kittarnia 80 Ranger/ Kittienne 35 Mesmer

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 02:18 PM

For the record, I am LOVING this back and forth dialogue in this thread today.  This is what we need...community building discussion on a regular basis.  This is hard to come by when engaged in battle or in TS in general, because that is often when we are "in business" in the BL's.

I am working on having a Guild Leader's meeting for all guild leaders of any guild on SoR in the next 2 weeks, both PvE and WvW oriented.  I think this might be a good forum for us to collaborate on, too.

By:

Thracecius.8296
   Member of Power Of The Elements

Replied On: 07/21/2014 at 06:14 PM

Hi folks,

I'm more of a lurker than anything, but I am the leader of a small (now tiny, active membership-wise) guild called Power Of The Elements [POTE], which has been online since BWE. I recently spent the better part of eight months away from the game for several reasons, but mostly because my poor old machine just couldn't keep up anymore, so once I get familiar with the game again (so many changes!) I hope to be able to contribute to the community at least once a week. My main obstacles tend to be the same as everyone's (day job, family/friend commitments, etc.), but my goal is to try and block-in time on Sunday afternoons (Pacific/SEA/Server) to be online every week. I'm terrible at PvP, but I figure maybe it'll be an another opportunity help rebuild my guild and learn a few things.

Anyhow, if you happen to see the POTE tag floating around on a human warrior named Belden Surestrike, especially if it's in WvW, please feel free to drop me a line. :)

-Belden Surestrike

POTE Guild Leader

» Edited on: 2014-07-21 18:16:09

User submitted image

By:

Raf.1078
   Member of Primal Fury

Replied On: 07/22/2014 at 07:11 AM

Belden,

WvW isn't pvp, per se.  I can't tell you how many people I've met that hate PvP but love WvW.  I count myself in that group also.  Bring your folks in and run with us.  It will be fun :)

» Edited on: 2014-07-22 07:12:42

» Edited on: 2014-07-22 07:13:06

By:

Commander Bears Man.4896

Replied On: 07/23/2014 at 05:43 PM

Hi Greenstone and welcome / yes there are alots of guilds coming into SoR come on out and see

By:

Harakael.5830

Replied On: 07/23/2014 at 10:46 PM

Hi all!

Tyvm for the warm response!!!

Had missed all the action in wvw this week, im fixin some pc problems seems amd is playing funny on me :P droped from 80-15fps randomly :(

Anyways ive been editing videos from june and july in the meanwhile :D

Ill try be more chatty on the TS im always around but a little shy to talk,

Cya tomorrows hopefully pcs back on :P

have a great hunting!!!

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 08/01/2014 at 12:59 PM

Figured I'd chime in, as I was just discussing some things with one of my officers. I'm the GL of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO ], an SoR original guild that has been mostly PvE oriented since BWEs. We're looking to grow our ranks a bit in the next few weeks, and are seriously considering jumping into WvW. We've never really been a big WvW guild, only a few of our members (buckeycro and sykoroid to name a couple you might have met) have ever really played a decent amount of WvW. 

I got Xivor's in game mail the other day, and have been thinking about it ever since. I need to discuss the details with my officers and my guild, but we just might be joining you on the battlefield soon. We are a casual guild, so I can't promise we'll be able to attend all your meetings or be able to be on all the time, but if enough of us are interested, we might be converting to a PvE/WvW guild in the near future. I know a few of our members have expressed interest already. 

I have a warrior with a commander tag and a few of my officers have tags as well. I have very little experience commanding in WvW, however, so I will not be tagging up without some training of some kind from one of you vets first. I'll get back to you when I know more, but I've been eyeballing this forum for a bit and wanted to pitch in. We have never planned on leaving SoR, and don't plan to in the future. It might be time we start representing our server. I'll be in touch.

-Charlie [ECTO]

» Edited on: 2014-08-01 13:00:48

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 08/01/2014 at 01:30 PM

Hey Charlie-

MEGA is a mostly-PvE guild that's been moving into WvW lately. I'd be happy to discuss our transition, things we've done well, things we've done poorly, etc with you. Just pop into the TS and look for [MEGA] Karaoke. I'll be on from now until midnight-ish Eastern time except for a quick break for food. Most of the day tomorrow as well, I'd expect.

We're still pretty early in the process and initial feedback from the guild is mixed - some members enjoy the extra activity, others wish we wouldn't lose our PvE focus - and I'm in the early stages of finding ways to try to do both. Hopefully I can share some useful information that will help you guys push into WvW successfully.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 08/01/2014 at 02:10 PM

ECTO, I am glad to hear that you guys received my message!  I messaged about 40 guild leaders/representatives that morning.  I believe whole heartedly that we need to focus on recruiting from WITHIN, in addition to recruiting outside our server.  We have a LOT of server members and guilds that do not do organized WvW, not because they hate it, but because never embraced it with a certain level of coordination.  How many PvE guilds have EXPERIENCED commanders and players in WvW?

FIRE and MEGA now host two events during the week for training that your guild is invited to!

• Wednesdays @ 6PST - Militia Tactics Training

• Thursdays @ 6PST - Commander Coaching

These events are made EXACTLY for what your guild needs!  We WANT to teach, and we want to see us improve...while growing as a community.  Let me know how we can help you!

By:

Harakael.5830

Replied On: 08/03/2014 at 08:01 AM

Hi Guys and Gals,

Ive been so much new ppl and guilds in wvw its epic, ima try have videos with all ya ppl on,

Our own guild Varfreak is coming back hard ;)  

Memeber just need to grind some ascended new stuff :P

C a in the field,

Good hunting!!

[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander SylverMeadow.1457
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 08/03/2014 at 10:50 PM

"I'm starting to see all sorts of unfamiliar guilds running in WvW lately.  Admittedly, we're fairly new on the server ourselves.  Are these old guilds getting back into WvW or new folks filtering in?"

I know on more than one occasion I have been asked if our guild was new  however, The Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB] has been a loyal SoR only guild since BWE.  Our run times vary based on work/school/life schedules, and frankly due to our small size, we just normally aren't noticed.

Most often the times I run are not prime NA hours, they are usually the most barren of times.  My hours have changed to be a little closer  to my normal life schedule (sometimes)  with the season tournament behind us. With that being said more faces have indeed reappeared that had dropped off the radar almost the entire time tournament season ran.

As for are they new or are they old?  Yes to both.  We have new, we have old, we have returning, we have people running on different characters, we have people running different schedules.  It is a big happy mix.  The one most notable perspective change I have had gained since running in a map of maybe 4 people during tournament vs. the older "Zerg",  is that I notice more players then I did running in that mass of bodies.

By:

Commander Dark Sorcerer.6420
   Member of The Paladines

Replied On: 08/07/2014 at 10:26 AM

I would like to introduce myself.   I am Dark Sorcer,  GL of The Paladines [PROT],  a guild that is not new to game however a bit new to World vs World.  Originally, I was working on just getting 100% World map completion which I have done with the help of some very generous players and also commanders.   We are guild gradually growing atm at 356 members which working on becoming more diversified on all activities.   Also, it is hard like you said not everyone is on Sanctum in my guild and the ones that are on Sanctum been trying to get more of them into World vs World.  I really enjoy the teamwork in World vs World and how people have been very kind to me since I am far from being an expert at World vs World.  I am getting some of the things figured out.   I hope to see more organized/friendly/team work type zergs when we take down the garrisons, towers, camps, or of course our enemies we love to crush even when we are outnumbered 3-4/-1! <GriN>

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 08/07/2014 at 02:01 PM

Nice to see your activity!You are invited to participate in our community Teamspeak at any time for Wvw (or any other activity).  Any of your guild is invited!  Our commanders use this for the whole community to play organized, and this is how we are effective.  As well, we have a weekly WvW Reset meeting every Friday at 5pm server time.  Your whole guild can come if they wanted to!  We see 70-80 people participating on an average week.  Hope to see you guys out!

By:

Commander findan.2439
   Member of Blood of the Martyr

Replied On: 08/08/2014 at 04:08 AM

Hello everyone and a warm welcome to all the new faces!

I'm a bit late to this party I know but just wanted to give a shout out to all the new folks I've been seeing out in WvW while I'm out there.  While I don't always get chance to stop and say hi out in the field - it can get crazy out there at times as you know lol - I have noticed you all and I definitely do my best to welcome new faces and say hi wherever possible :-)

If you ever see me out on the field (in game "Findan The Illusive" - mesmer) please feel free to say hi and join us on Teamspeak as well!  I always love meeting new people and just having fun out there!  Also remember that I am *always* happy to answer questions and explain stuff and help folks out on the battlefield where I can.  So if you are newer to the WvW scene and / or unsure of anything, just ask :-)  I certainly don't know all the answers to everything but I will do what I can to answer you!  There is no such thing as a stupid question in my books :)  So don't be shy.. I promise I won't bite :-)

It's really awesome to see so many "new folks" and returning people who had been on extended breaks popping up in WvW.  I look forward to running with each and every one of you out in the battlefields!

Good hunting!

~Fin

» Edited on: 2014-08-08 04:10:24

» Edited on: 2014-08-08 04:10:51

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved