8:11 AM EDT
London
Apr. 20, 2024
1:11 PM BST

Open Field

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Posted On: 08/06/2014 at 04:27 PM

Would anyone be interested in running around with getting some practice with open field fighting.

can start off with 20 people then increase.i would like to use metas and solid builds to start,and as we become more comfortable

change things up a bit.Wont start this till monday,being away for a bit.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

GamesRme.3690
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 08/06/2014 at 05:11 PM

Timing is everything.  I don't get home from work until 11pm EDT, Mon - Thur.  If practice is during a time when I'm home - I'm There !!!

Ellessar Sidhe

“Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. ”
Chief Seattle

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 08/07/2014 at 06:27 AM

Is our builds resource for organized fights up yet? would be nice to browse it and the roles I can play ^_^ 

By:

Replied On: 08/07/2014 at 10:34 AM

i believe there was a post on here with metas and some other areas where some builds were posted

we can do weekends as well so can be more flexible,i would like to have everyone to be involved that wants to be.

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 08/07/2014 at 01:59 PM

Those "meta's" were so-so.  They are a good start, but they can use some fine-tuning.  Meta has changed over time.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Replied On: 08/07/2014 at 02:11 PM

Could also just search the web for Wvw group builds for what ever class your interested in.

I would even recommend watching some vids of other guilds out there.just to see the synergy and

attention to the driver calling things.

By:

Replied On: 08/12/2014 at 03:35 PM

was hoping for more of a response,but due to lack of,i am going to crush this idea.

good luck and have fun

By:

Commander Jeff.5139

Replied On: 08/12/2014 at 04:04 PM

Its good idea which we should keep open, people probably have difficulty with scheduling or have scheduled similar activities with their own guilds.

Also, most people like my just read in the forums and wait for updates such as links to builds, etc.

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 08/12/2014 at 06:49 PM

This is already being done.  Go run with EG for a night or two.  If you ran with FIRE/wGOD on Saturday, you would have seen the same.  In fact, there is a video of some of it in the recent posts list.  IMPS has a new member that transferred over from SFR that ran some open field fight training during EU time the other day.  

Can't expect people to just jump on the bandwagon in a day.  Post the builds, let people get themselves geared up if they want to participate.  Schedule an event at a very specific time and date.  Advertise it on the event calendar here.  Post it in these forums.  Make an announcement about it in the Reset Meeting on Friday.  Give people a chance to get prepared.

MEGA and FIRE have done these things for our two training nights we hold each week, and we have had huge successes.  Be organized, and people will come.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander TheGrimm.5624
   Member of The Murder Junkiesx

Replied On: 08/13/2014 at 07:30 AM

Have to agree with the above, there is merit in your idea and a lot of people are doing this already in various groups. If you are looking to get more people involved an event is a better way to try and get more people since they can plan for it. Our havoc has been using EoTM some for this since its pretty chaotic but there is a good number of open field fights in short order since people are contained to one map. Ran into a CoSA half warband just last night. I wouldn't give up on your idea, sometimes it just takes a little time to get people together. We are all gamers you know, so it should make herding cats seem simpler by comparison. Good hunting! 

Envy the Madman his musings when Death comes to make Fools of us all.

The Murder Junkies
GW1/PoTBS/WAR/GW2/CU

By:

Replied On: 08/13/2014 at 02:45 PM

but the only guild i have seen do this is e.g. but on a larger scale,perhaps its my time when i play that is lacking.

i am est.i am not asking for people to  jump on the bandwagon,just posted to see if i would get some response to the idea.

and forget reset meeting,not so easy to get in a word with all the nonsense that goes on there.

I am begining to think that my play style doesn't fit my timezone

» Edited on: 2014-08-13 14:58:48

» Edited on: 2014-08-13 15:18:56

» Edited on: 2014-08-13 15:20:30

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 08/13/2014 at 03:44 PM

Hey Kavor, you should talk to the RA guys. I think they're working toward this exact thing right now.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved