Mar. 28, 2024
3:19 PM GMT

A Quick Update from MEGA

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Posted On: 11/13/2014 at 11:49 AM

Hi guys.

As many of you know, MEGA's been evaluating our options when it comes to our home world for WvW. The three guilds with whom we collaborated the most - FIRE, VEX, and RISE - have all left SoR and joined Northern Shiverpeaks. We've been forced to choose between two groups of friends. It's a position we wish we weren't in.

We haven't officially moved yet, but currently our intentions are to transfer off Sanctum of Rall.

We still have quite a few friends here and we certainly don't intend to leave you guys behind. In fact, a few of us have secondary accounts and I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be parking mine. :-) I very much value the time I've gotten to spend with the fine folks of SoR, including (but definitely not limited to) Smitty, Sscripko, and Findan, to whom we send all our love. 

This has been a pretty agonizing decision to make. I know I've lost a lot of sleep trying to determine the "right thing" to do. In the end, we had to accept that as a guild that only WvWs casually, remaining on SoR would mean we'd face an uphill battle every time we jumped into the fight. We don't think we have the ability or willpower to run a map by ourselves. The best role for us would be as a secondary group or a havoc, but when there's rarely a tag on the map, we'd be forced to run as main tag here.

We're not ready for that.

Anyway, a few logistical items to cover. First, the training videos I've created will remain available for SoR players, so if you still think they're useful, feel free to keep using them. Second, we don't have a planned transfer date yet, but I anticipate it being somewhere around the end of the year. You'll still see us out there occasionally until then and we'll still be fighting just as hard as we can, doing the things we think need to be done to succeed: scouting, running upgrades, placing defensive siege, and defending things we hold.

If you have any questions, ping me here, on Teamspeak, or in-game. I respectfully ask that you direct questions to myself and not MEGA members. My folks are already being regularly harassed by members of other guilds attempting to recruit them. Just as I'm making no effort to pull additional people from this server, I'd appreciate you allow my members to transfer in peace.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future and look forward to seeing SoR Invaders stomping my scrub butt up in Silver League someday. Thanks again for two wonderful years.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander SylverMeadow.1457
   Member of Devilz Prayer

Replied On: 11/13/2014 at 09:56 PM

Best of luck to you guys.  All of you definitely will be missed.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 11/14/2014 at 02:13 PM

Good luck guys/gals! Hope it works out for ya. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

McMottle.3605
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 11/14/2014 at 06:33 PM

Just hurry up and go.

Elitist jerk.

- Hera Ossa

By:

Commander Sekkerhund.3790
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 11/16/2014 at 02:45 AM

I hope that all of you find the levels of fun that you're looking for.

By:

doxielover.5172

Replied On: 11/16/2014 at 08:15 AM

I am going to miss MEGA.  Wishing you all the best and I hope you find what you are looking for on another server (sniff).  You will be missed.  

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved