10:41 AM EDT
London
Apr. 19, 2024
3:41 PM BST

Impressed By WvW Guild [KONG]

By:

northbringer.2964

Posted On: 06/26/2015 at 09:12 PM

I have very little to say about this guild except watch out they must be amazing, to treat our server player base in such a way. May we know the type of respect this group has for others in one simple message.

Thanks for your time! I hope you... I'd say succeed in recruiting, but I hope this is not how you succeed. Have a great Day SoR, Beware the KONG recruiters.

Kong

» Edited on: 2015-06-26 21:16:31

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander Derish of Darkness.4028
   Member of Knights Of Nefarious Greatness

Replied On: 06/26/2015 at 09:16 PM

Somebody obviously can't handle sarcasm...

By:

northbringer.2964

Replied On: 06/26/2015 at 09:22 PM

a chain of sarcasm, simply adds insult to injury. I try my best to stay away from this foolishness, but i hate seeing how you impact others in the game around you. But, i have hope for you. take care.

By:

Commander Derish of Darkness.4028

Replied On: 06/26/2015 at 09:26 PM

Okay

By:

Commander Peanut.3916
   Member of Disciples Of The New Order

Replied On: 06/26/2015 at 11:21 PM

yikes batman 

Guild leader of ORDR and proud member of the Sanctum of Rall community!

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 12:16 AM

Ill join, they obviously know what theyre talking about!

By:

Commander Tiffany.6841
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 04:12 AM

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but WvW may not be the best environment for you if you can't handle a little humor/banter along these lines and take something as small as this and rush to the forums in an attempt to make some kind of point/stand about it.

By:

Commander johnsoncctv.8124

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 08:39 AM

Is your forum post getting the traction you hoped it would?  Already 3 commanders are giggling at your poor attempt too cause some type of internal struggle within our server.  I'll pray for you, God Bless

By:

Commander synosius.9876

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 09:03 AM

cause the whole server is full of trolls

By:

Commander Peanut.3916

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 09:14 AM

Some people on this server find that offensive, imagine you a new player to the Sanctum of Rall community and you see this message, what would go through your mind! I believe that everyone is on edge because of all the hours people are putting in to make this server wonderful. I dont like to see this stuff on the forums. I am not taking sides as though some may think I am. In the end all of this bickering and giggling at each other as well as mocking or whatever the reason maybe, needs to stop or the same thing will happen that happened 7 months ago! Think about it do you guys want a dead server again? Do you want to be tier eight? YES? NO? If no, then stop all of this! If yes go right ahead I cant stop you at least I tried, thats all i can say! If anyone wants to talk with me at anytime just let me know. 

By:

Commander synosius.9876

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 10:32 AM

a lot of the old problems were caused by ppl being over sensitive to everything.  we are living in the internet world and everything sounds mean and rude when compared to irl.  this culture has different standards and customs.  you don't go to other countries and tell ppl they are dressing wrong, or talking funny.  this is mmo life!

By:

Commander Peanut.3916

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 10:38 AM

And the point is???

By:

northbringer.2964

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 10:42 AM

I actually have no desire to cause any sort of drama. Sadly it would seem that the drama within the server is so deep rooted that, when someone speaks out you assume that is the reason why. I have issues with disrespect. I having lived the life I have feel its unnecessary in life to have to deal with such foolishness, I am simply looking for a  good gaming environment for not only myself but those around me. And if that is to much to ask  then, I am saddened by this. The issue is much deeper from this situation than what I posted and many who are involved in this server realize this. As for Tiffany, I can handle more than my share of banter as you put it. I can handle more than you I promise. But, why should I? I should I listen or watch fellow players be looked down upon or spoken roughly against? When All I have to so as a man with values and willingness to take action, is speak up about what I don't think is fair or right. I find if funny I joined BARD, and watched it crumble. I stayed neutral and silent. I've played silently with every guild in WvW currently using our community TS. I have listened and watched. And the only issues Ive seen have come from a certain group, and the major flow of dis-respectfulness has came from this source. I do not do this lightly nor do i do this to cause drama. It is to light on a subject which everyone would rather cover up or ignore. I am here to enjoy myself. I am here to make friends with other players and do things together. I am here to enjoy this game in its entirety. I was a commander on SoR over 2 years ago, a lots changed and I'm watching. Many of you do not know me but the chance is there. Even for the individual with whom I am addressing at this time, I have no ill will towards any of you, but I am tired of this foolishness. So, this is my attempt to address the breach that has been created by OUR actions. God Bless.

By:

northbringer.2964

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 10:51 AM

johnsoncctv.8124 FYI i'm not looking for traction. This has made it to FB without me posting it. But that was not my goal. I simply wanted to address a on going issue on our server. And EVERYONE who does wvw knows it exists. or at least everyone who is in a major wvw guild. its just simply time to face the issue, stop blowing it off and make the change everyone wants. except maybe the ones causing the issues. I was even called a bully last night for posting a message last night to the forums. By DECEIVERX, You were correct the removed that posting I was told to simply report him next time. I would rather not get Anet involved when it comes to accounts and such. I do not want to risk anyone losing their account over this. But, I am far from being a bully as you called me. I am taking a stand against someone who could be seen in such a light. But such words and thoughts are very High School, Which I am well past. And as always God Bless.

» Edited on: 2015-06-27 10:58:47

By:

Commander sachimokins.7180
   Member of Arising from the Ashes

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 11:15 AM

I can see how this could seem funny, but it doesn't seem to be the most professional way to handle it. It just seems so reminiscent of the things some other guilds were shamed for before.

By:

northbringer.2964

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 11:46 AM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sanctumofrall/

something to look at.

» Edited on: 2015-06-27 11:48:00

By:

Commander LucutisBorg.5901

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 11:48 AM

"I can handle more than my share of banter as you put it. I can handle more than you I promise. But, why should I? I should I listen or watch fellow players be looked down upon or spoken roughly against? When All I have to so as a man with values and willingness to take action, is speak up about what I don't think is fair or right"

It's called "Life" so suck it up and stop trying to be the White Knight. Keep your mouth shut and fall in line.

"I have listened and watched. And the only issues Ive seen have come from a certain group, and the major flow of dis-respectfulness has came from this source. I do not do this lightly nor do i do this to cause drama."

Calling bullkitten right there.

" I simply wanted to address a on going issue on our server. And EVERYONE who does wvw knows it exists. or at least everyone who is in a major wvw guild. its just simply time to face the issue, stop blowing it off and make the change everyone wants. except maybe the ones causing the issues."

So YOU in fact are speaking for EVERYONE now ? Oh really.....I don't care for the change you are calling for, so in fact I must be one of those causing the issues. 

"And as always God Bless"

Now that's a joke and a half right there. Basically saying " oh look at me and my holier than thou values and you should listen to me because of course I will bless you " 

Well take it for what it is, advertising for a great guild. Whom may not play well with others sometimes but at least the job will get done. Maybe you could just take the advice I gave you after your comment in map chat about the advert and that was to GTFO....

By:

Commander Peanut.3916

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 11:58 AM

LucutisBorg.5901 wow.... really????

By:

Commander Peanut.3916

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 11:59 AM

LucutisBorg.5901 Was that really necessary?

By:

Commander LucutisBorg.5901

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 12:01 PM

yep

By:

Commander Imademuffins.3194

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 12:36 PM

To address Northbringer specifically:

1.  The only drama, the only deeper issue, and the only problem with the server right now is your mindset.  You cannot come into these forums and decide that you need to regulate a guild that you are not apart of.  You complain and talk about KONG as if we are the scum of the earth, lowest of the low guilds that we feel the need to insult our server members.  What you fail to understand is how dedicated and how passionate our members are for this server.  This is KONG's home, this guild will never leave this server.

2.  If you cannot take dry cynical humor in a guild recruitment message, then ignore it.  Do we actually believe that the members of Sanctum of Rall are scrubs? HELL NO, we love to have any members run with us, we will never have a locked channel that we will run an event in.  We are strict in who we will take into the guild, and that is simply because of the mission of KONG.  We are very open with questions and enjoy others company.  The only thing we ask of members of the server who run with us is to know when to talk and when to keep the chatter down so that we can work together in fights.

3. You're an attention seeker.  That's as blunt as I can put it.  incidents that are so small, recruitment messages that are meant to be humorous.  You blow them out of proportion.   "You're probly a scrub"  This is your crown jewel of why we as a guild are so bad, you focus on this so hard.  Is this really something that you feel so passionate about, so moved by that you want to post this many times?  DECEIVERX was absolutely right in what he said, and you deleted the post soon after.  You are looking for attention, you are specifically calling out a guild on meaningless banter, and you are being the bully.  

4.  You call out one, you call out us all.  Simple, you called out KONG on a recruitment message.  And if you want to continue this, we'll go as high as it's needed.  Anet can know exactly what is going on here.  

5.  Remember what you represent.  I happily represent KONG and am proud of the progress we have made.  If you are the only one in your guild(s) that is this put off by the way we run our guild, then I'd advise you to look at yourself and see if it's really worth it.  

If you still have stuff to say, come into the Teamspeak and talk to me, I will set up a separate channel and we can talk all you want.  If you stop this now and say no more, all of my members will drop this and it will be gone.  We do not need drama on this server and we do not tolerate it within KONG. I hope that you will hold yourself to that standard as well.

A guild leader of [KONG]

» Edited on: 2015-06-27 12:41:59

By:

northbringer.2964

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 01:28 PM

Sadly you are incorrect on me deleting a post from the forums, It was removed by a Anet moderator and I was told to report the incident. Which I explained I would rather not as why should I handle the conflict in such a manner. I would rather handle this on the lowest level possible. Yet, I created a environment which was open and viewable. This allows the He says, she says type of situation to be reduced. You see again this is not for drama sake but to resolve the conflict without worry of altered truths. I have no worry nor concern what Anet is aware of, I have done no wrong except in your eyes address an issue. That you find is not an issue. I again I am doing what I feel is the correct way to handle a bad situation. I could care less about "attention" and simply put, this needs to be resolved. As "A" Guild Leader, I would think you could understand this. 

By:

Commander Imademuffins.3194

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 01:49 PM

As I said in the post, come talk to me in Teamspeak if you want to continue this, or we can drop this issue and move on.

A guild leader of [KONG]

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 06/27/2015 at 02:00 PM

Ok everyone, I think it's fair to say this post has gone a wee bit overkill on pretty much all sides. I will be locking this thread at this point. 

I hate to be the bad guy but please remember:

This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

Lets focus on building a community, not ripping one apart. Nobody here wants to experience another exodus.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved