London
Mar. 28, 2024
4:26 PM GMT

Just want to say something.

By:

Commander kingxcon.5607
   Member of WarFreak

Posted On: 10/09/2014 at 05:42 PM

I asked my self if i have rights to be here. I have asked my self if my Guild contribute enough to talk here. But 1 thing i know for sure is we help whenever we have a spare time. As far as i can see... This is far as we can get. Our server is all Mature Casual. We don't have enough Coverage for WvW. Tier 7 or Tier 8 is our place to be. We have Tried our best and reached our limit but it wasn't enough. But its not us, its not your guild. Its just that we need more guild to help us climb the ladder. We need more people.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Replied On: 10/09/2014 at 05:52 PM

I disagree.  We are NOT a T7 or T8 server.  We are a solid T6 server.  We have already beaten Darkhaven multiple times.  What we need is a server that does not stop coming out to WvW when the going gets tough.  When we get pushed, we need to push back harder. Instead, SoR runs away and hides in PvE and EOTM.  This is what hurts us.  The moment we came out of the weekend and it was clear that we weren't going to get #1, whole guilds stop participating. Coverage got real light. And now, morale is hurting, and people like myself are ticked off.

All we need is consistency.

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 10/09/2014 at 06:19 PM

Everybody has the right to speak their mind. Here, look, I'll speak mine.

I like this server. I like the people on it. I like that we went from 1st to 21st and we stuck with it. I like that we try to work together. I like that I can pop in FIRE's channel or VEX's channel or RA's channel and say hi. And I like that everybody comes and hangs out with MEGA.

At the same time, I know we can do better. For us, recently, "do better" seems to be "pull all-nighters" and "run for eight hours straight." That's not sustainable. It's just burning us out and creating tension between people who are willing/able to do that and those of us who have other commitments.

To me, doing better means:

• Communicating better

• Scouting better

• Running upgrades and placing defensive siege

• Supporting each other, not accusing each other

• Sticking to our strategy or coming up with a new one, but either way, executing it together

• Holding our BL and our corner of EB first

• Not blobbing or karma-training

• Not signing off the moment the commander you're following tags down

• Training each other

• Helping each other with builds

Are we doing all of those things now? No. Some of them, sure. Doing those things will make us more effective without having to increase our population.

What's concerned me is that we seem complacent. I keep hearing people talk about how, man-for-man, we're stronger and better than these servers. Whether or not that's true, and I don't think it is, that's no reason to stop trying and settle for where we are.

Don't just play more. Play better.

That's my two cents.

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/09/2014 at 06:49 PM

If there was a +1 button for your post, I would hit it 1042 times.  Well said.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/09/2014 at 06:55 PM

By the way, KingxCon, I want to just make sure that you know you DO have a right to post here! How much or how little your guild contributes is irrelevant.  If you are on SoR, you have a right to participate in our community forums, TS, etc!  So even if I disagree with a post of yours, that does not detract from your place on this server!  It is just a difference of opinion!

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 10/10/2014 at 12:08 AM

I think we're doing alright.  This aint boot camp, shave their heads and start marching in line.  We are making a new culture here, forming traditions for those that come after us will follow. 

I threw about 10 trebs into a new spot on the overlook wall, after they got destroyed someone built a treb in the old place.  it got destroyed too, so I threw another 10 trebs into the new spot.  it was a rough day for trebs.  eventually I come back around and ppl are building trebs in the new spot.  Tomorrow I will keep throwing trebs into the new and better spot till everyone learns it.  it may take another 1000 trebs but we will get there.  Every time I see a treb placed in the new way, I count that as a small victory.

thats just an example of how knowledge spreads.  we are creating a wvw style that works for casuals, works for the kind of players we have.  its not what we are accustomed to coming from t1 and there is going to be friction as we evolve.

» Edited on: 2014-10-10 00:09:33

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920
   Member of Calamitous Annihilation

Replied On: 10/10/2014 at 03:37 AM

After the trouble from my last post, i said i would refrain, but i couldn't resist. As Xivor told me, I am a member of Sanctum of Rall, and i do have a voice. As does every other member of SoR.

What makes a community strong is accepting differences, and working together to accomplish anything we set our minds to. Will we always succeed? Most times not, but one can never know without giving it a try.

I agree with the "pull all-nighters" and "run for eight hours straight."  I already take this like a full time job. For those who do the same, pushing any more is asking the impossible, but usually we are the ones up to the challenge!

We shouldn't be down on ourselves with the tournament result. Instead we should be focusing on where to go from here. We saw where our strengthens and weaknesses are. Now it is time to reflect and get our bearings for the future. I believe SoR can move up. I came here because of the devotion the community had to each other. 

To the topic, GoMzilla is a beast to be slain. When the time comes SoR will be ready. It is clear we are not, but that doesn't mean hide until that day comes. It may be here sooner than anyone knows. All we can do is fight along side our fellow server-mates and have fun doing it. We struggle with them, but we are not entirely outmatched. We outmatch T7 - T8 servers. Week 2 of the tournament was an example of this. T6 is the place to be. We have healthy competition that we need to face. As long as we stand together, that is all we can do. This tournament has shown how competition can tear us apart, but it is also showing how it can bring us together.

Let's make the best of this tournament. Walk away from it growing into a stronger community, rather than residing in defeat. We gave it our all, granted some more than others, but we still showed up. We all care. As i have said, we know what lies ahead. now, let's move forward!

** Personal thanks to all we have fought next to! All of us in VEX look forward to many more fights alongside you all! **  

By:

Commander Jeduthun.3920

Replied On: 10/10/2014 at 01:18 PM

To stay on topic, I'm going to attempt to only address the OP comments:

1. Yes - every player on SoR has the right to be vocal in these forums.  It's how we build community.  It's how we support each other in the tough times, and how we celebrate together in the good times.  Your personal contribution and your guild's contribution to the server are irrelevant (as others have mentioned).  The day we begin to ignore the small voices is the day we must stop calling ourselves a community.

2. Yes - for now, this is as far as we can get.  Just because GoM beats us up, and just because we struggled a bit against Darkhaven doesn't mean that we're not where we belong.  That also means that we shouldn't give up trying to get further in the future, though.  A few points to keep in mind:

1. I heard that GoM deliberately tanked in matches leading up to the tournament, allowing themselves to fall into our bracket to give them an easy win.  While I can't verify that this is true, looking at the history shows that they've been outclassing us since May/June, often by 4 places on the rankings.  Clearly, GoM was our biggest rival, followed closely by Darkhaven.

2. Everyone can't win.  In every matchup, only one server can claim victory.  We fought GoM 3 out of 4 weeks in this tournament.  The one week we didn't, we claimed the top spot (in a MAJOR way).  We fought both GoM and DH twice (the first and last week), getting 2nd and 3rd in those matchups.  The other week we had GoM and Ehmry Bay, and we fared well in spite of GoM.  In my opinion, that constitutes a good showing in spite of adversity.

3. Coverage is always going to be an issue for everyone.  It really boils down to who stays up later and reaps the benefit of a higher PPT for the overnight and/or workday hours.  I'm East Coast, and no matter how hard I push, I'll go to bed and the rest of the country has 3+ hours (not counting Oceanic) to undo it all before they go to bed - and that change can easily persist overnight and even through the entire workday (17+ hours). It's really not uncommon for me to go to bed feeling confident about our position, and waking up the next morning with bed head and a "what happened?" look on my face.  But it's not about what happened in the past - it's about what am I going to do with the time I have available.

3. Having more guilds or more players won't necessarily fix the "problem" (if there even is one).  All it really takes is one 5-10 man group getting on at an unusual hour and flipping a bunch of stuff and the score can have drastic swings.  No system is perfect, least of all a video game.  

In my opinion, the point isn't to be on the top of the ladder.  If it were, a few gems will get you onto a T1 server much quicker and easier.  The point is to play the game, enjoy each other's company, and have fun doing it.  Yes, climbing the WvW ladder is a good thing - it demonstrates improvement from a gaming mechanics standpoint; however, climbing the social ladder is a much better thing - people desire community and a sense of belonging, and Sanctum of Rall has gained a strong reputation in that area.  

As far as I'm concerned, we're just in it for the bags anways!

Note: my opinions may not reflect the community of SoR at large.  Direct your hate mail to /dev/null, and thanks for playing!

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/11/2014 at 09:38 AM

Ahiyooo there :3

Theres something ive been thinking and probably ive had always wanted to say, im a pretty simple person in most facts of my life so here might be just a simple thought but for it is what it keep me moving on :P

------

Well i just wanted to say, that as long we have heart in our fight, we will be able to accomplish whatever we set on for!!!

They are lots of other things to worry about that we can work on, like teamwork, strategy and those kinda stuff i dont really know about like tactics and shiz,

I can only guarantee you all that my heart fighting for SoR wont lose its fire,

Since it is fueled every time i log in and play with my guild, other guilds, random ppl or alone in WvW, we keep the fight up, thats how all u guys and ppl that arent here, our community makes me feel,

So lets keep the fight up and dont surrender!!!

----

Nowadays some ppl call it YOLO i used to understand it under tha name of honor,

And for me thats the most decissive fact in every fight, not mattering wether u loose or win, after every battle u still need more fire inside to keep burning until next fight

:3

-Greenstone[WF]

p.s: hope engrish is good! 

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander kingxcon.5607
   Member of WarFreak

Replied On: 10/14/2014 at 06:10 PM

Xivor is right. Weather we go down to T8 we will always be in t6 fighting GoM and DH because that's were we belong. You guys dominate T7 and T8 unless everyone is in slack mode.

I believe that with our people now... We can beat DH and GOM in T6. We only need a proper Communication & Commitment to do it right. We do not need to win every match against them. But at-least A win is a sign of improvement.

My Suggestion:
Organize a Server meeting. SOR Council must PM/Contact ALL active guild of Sanctum of rall. Give them the Date 1-2weeks ahead of time. Bring with only 2 representative of each guild.

Why only 2 Representative?
Each individual guilds must have meeting prior to the server meeting. Then Leader Represent opinion of all as one. We don't need to hear each members opinion. What most important is its leaders opinion.

Agenda with your guild prior to "Guild Leader Server Meeting".
*Prime Time of the guild.
*Commitment and participation. Are you willing to commit to 1 week of madness? Remember its only for 1 solid week. Not Every week. This is an Special Events. The Event is To WIN!

Agenda with Server Guild Meeting.
*Introduction* Understanding the point of the Events. If we are successful then that means this server can get organize in many ways if we wanted to be.
*Introduction of each Guild - Prime time, Commit or not, and feedback of your guild about the 1 week madness.

Gather all the information who are committed and not, Plan the Battle Matches. Decide by majority of the Time and Date.

I know a lot of people cant work with other Guilds or maybe stubborn to work with other guilds. But think this way...... You will do it for the Server.. Not for them.. The Server need you more than your EGO.

This Experimentation is to see if our casual server can actually work together when properly organized. Our Battle between GOM is not that hard but Then always came short. I believe that"short" can be fix with a proper Teamwork of the whole server.

As a Guild leader, I may not have the decision of my members but most of the time they follow me what ever my decision is. If i say Lets go HAM for a week to help this server.. Less Eotm, Less Dungeon, Bosses, and more on WvW for only 1 week... They will do it.  Your member Follow you, your member listen to you. You can Convince them and Explain what are we doing. Its a Events and see how far possible we can go.

In the end, We are a Casual server and will be always be an casual Server. Play on how you like and how you be.But as playing in this server.. I hope you participate on Casual Special Events when the server Need You!!

It doesn't matter now since the TOURNAMENT is over. But take this IDEA as a consideration for future use.

By:

Commander Gilaranel.4521

Replied On: 10/15/2014 at 10:47 AM

I just would like to say ... Reread Loki's (timmyf.1490) post and that is what I say too ... :D

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/15/2014 at 12:08 PM

Oh man, I didn't even tell Gil to come in here and say that!

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved