8:33 AM EDT
London
Mar. 28, 2024
12:33 PM GMT

My Ele WvW Build

By:

Krustydog.3072

Posted On: 01/10/2015 at 09:17 PM

Up 'til now been running cookie cutter zerg build but after playing awhile decided what was important to me. Speed, survivability and good aoe damage.

1-all Knights armor w/superior runes of air

2-berserker staff w/rune of air

3-all berserker rings and amulet

4-46400-fire=burning precision and burning fire (for the defense),air=zephyrs boon, alacrity and air training, earth=armor of earth and geomancers freedom (both defensive).

sigils-earth, fire, water for the passives and whatever healing and elite floats your boat.

I run in air almost all the time except to siege gates (fire) and sometimes water to support a zerg v zerg fight but the air #1 ability is great against enemy zergs.

This build gives me great speed, good defenses and sweet aoe. In all reality it might stink but its my first attempt at making a build that suits me. If anyone gives it a try tell me what you think and what you might modify.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 01/10/2015 at 11:09 PM

gw2skills.net will help ppl visualize the build.

» Edited on: 2015-01-10 23:10:29

By:

gaspara.4079
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 01/12/2015 at 06:26 AM

I have been trying to level my ele since I started playing again because I want that versatility. Right now he is level 60 so I don;t have much farther to go.

I think its awesome you know what you want and are trying to find a build that fits you perfectly, breaking free of cookie cutters can be hard. Personally though I don't think I could ever run a staff build without at least 10 in arcane power for blasting staff. The ability to hit people that think they are safe up on the ramparts with a meteor shower is just too important to me.

I theory-crafted this pretty unusual tower defender build a little while back that I want to one day give a try. The 3 main skill (Arcane Blast) can be rotated based on current need. I might also work in certain PvE situations. The main point is to stay in water and use frost bows and offers the opportunity to get as much as 80% bonus damage, but obviously with full berserker gear would be downed by a gust of wind.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQFAWhcMqeW2wkBdEBCAC1nNjGYwobiSB-TlRDwAP3fIxDAUC2T53L1fApDAg5PSBExyI-w

» Edited on: 2015-01-12 06:26:43

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 01/12/2015 at 01:34 PM

Yah I sucked it up this weekend and leveled my tailoring to 400 to craft the celestial gear and as soon as I get all the matts done I will prolly just run d/d meta ele and just switch to staff every now and then to clear walls. Its hard to argue with the meta. I get killed so fast by players running metas and my pride just won't let me live with that.

By:

Commander Lakshmi.5941
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 01/12/2015 at 01:53 PM

Really interesting discussion.   I haven't played much ele, but I wanted to get a feel for it in WVW.

Krusty -- is this the d/d meta build you mean?   http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_D/D_Roamer

» Edited on: 2015-01-12 13:57:16

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 01/12/2015 at 08:00 PM

that's the one. if you watch vids of guys who play it they are monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q91vCHaLjY

this guy rocks.

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 02/02/2015 at 10:16 PM

I have 4 pieces of celestial now and switched my elite to warband support for capping camps. I am critting with my air aoe now for 2k. Even when I don't crit its 1k and that's times 3 because of the aoe. So min 3k a pop max 6k. Pretty good damage. And the celestial gives me good heals. I just healed a gate siege against a couple of arrow carts and we took it. I really like the celestial because it make every attunement viable. Only other class I know that's easier than this and still puts out decent damage is power ranger. I'm 55 so I prefer easy :) ..... and coffee. I like coffee.

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 02/02/2015 at 10:31 PM

Hey Gaspara I checked your build you shared and switched out Zephyrs Boon for Bolt to the Heart on my build. Good call.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 02/03/2015 at 08:07 AM

Wonder if the might Nerf is hurting the might stacking eles, anyone here? I'm missing my battle sigil's 3 stacks on swap..I switched it out for torment sigil on my Engi

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

Krustydog.3072

Replied On: 02/03/2015 at 01:19 PM

Had a d/d ele hand my engi hiskittenso the might nerf was not as bad as they are screaming.

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 02/03/2015 at 03:30 PM

Condi Nekros and condis in general seem to be the Engi's bane. With the blocks and blind we have, bs thieves aren't a big problem,  but condi ones with dd or pd with Plex runes can be a real challenge, but I like a challenge. Helps Im a thief expert by now. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved