Areanet killed WWW., - and we as a server ae letting it happen.
Moscow
Apr. 19, 2024
8:58 PM MSK
Sydney
Apr. 20, 2024
3:58 AM AEST
Hobbiton
Apr. 20, 2024
5:58 AM NZST
Seattle
Apr. 19, 2024
10:58 AM PDT
Chicago
Apr. 19, 2024
12:58 PM CDT
New York
Apr. 19, 2024
1:58 PM EDT
London
Apr. 19, 2024
6:58 PM BST

Areanet killed WWW., - and we as a server ae letting it happen.

By:

SNIEVES.3964

Posted On: 07/18/2015 at 09:07 PM

Hello.

The Golem rush this week is terrible, and the fact that the the leaders of our server decided to relax this weekend and not worry about ppt  or anything has allowed Dark haven and Anvil rock to run ragged, we already have been struggling as a server as guilds to get more PPL on the W.W.W. field, you have a few bodies playing in W.W.W. as myself, while a kitten load of players hang around lions arch etc, etc, and the few that are in W.W.W. don't even come on the T.S. server, so tell me how does this help us, it even demoralizes me not to come to W.W.W., for what to get steam rolled with not being able to put up a opposition, lol.

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

saguthegreat.9815
   Member of WarFreak

Replied On: 07/18/2015 at 10:12 PM

Yea at first i though someone is hacking cause the golem run really fast.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 07/18/2015 at 10:27 PM

Guys,

AreanaNet decided that this needs to be a humor week, instead of getting all bent out of shape with it, many of the guilds who have been grinding the WvW hard for the past 5 months decided to take a little break and relax their grip for a week and just enjoy the humor that is Pacific Rim Guild Wars 2 Edition. Fact: We can't change what ArenaNet does. Don't stress over the things in life you can not change. Worry about the things you can. When life hands you golems, wreck stuff!

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 02:53 AM

2:40am pst and we are +5.  fact is this week is purely numbers and coverage; zero skill involved.  how do expect us to hold ppt? are we not ktraining fast enough?  Defense is impossible.  golem defense is alrdy low odds for success, sure we could hold maybe the keep for a 1-3 waves but thats it and while all defend the rest of the map flips.

Come up with a plan and a strategy. im sure ppl would be willing to still try.

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 04:29 AM

It really sucks, I wanted this matchup a week ago because we would have actually gotten fights.  This week, going for ppt is pointless.  We decided awhile ago we were going to take this week off.  You SNIEVES, should especially understand this since OMEN has been dealing with some serious burnout.

You mention that we are lacking numbers in WvW on SoR as a whole and I agree with this.  How do we get more people to this server or more people into wvw from SoR this week?  Saying, "yeah we beat AR and DH during a joke week" isnt going to help the cause much.  For most serious wvw guilds, this is either a gvg/pvp week, or a "hey farm gold while you can" week.

If you really want to make this a more serious wvw week for all of SoR recruitment or otherwise, try to set up some gvgs with DH or AR. Or hell some 10s against other SoR guilds........................

--
Abyssal Soul/Dustbringer Chana/Wells Go/Tiras Soul/Pyrrhas Soul
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

SNIEVES.3964

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 05:41 AM

Regardless , i understand some ppl are burned out, and you are right Soless since i am member of Omen, but like you and many of my omen family i come out daily to www , i play all my characters in WWW, it's all i do, its not a guild problem , as a Commander you see the number of ppl  we have on  the battle field, when we have to fight GOM with numbers of 5-6 to 1  and we are out numbered  and our goal as a community is to find a way to get more people into the WWW field, i remember the days when SOR was a tier 1 server, i was part of TSYM back then, i remember seeing "indo" out commanding in the field and we were wrecking Blackgate, lol, maybe is just frustation, but i am quite sure there are members here that can relate to what i am talking about.

By:

Commander Soless.7830

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 07:21 AM

Some months ago, ANY SoR group would just run away from the GoM "Omni Blob," now not so much.  We charge face first into them and yell, "BAGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS."  We have advanced as a server ppt and fight wise.  Thing is todo that it take tons of training, time, effort, coordination, gold etc.  We seriously have to put in a ton more effort than most servers because of lack of numbers/coverage.That takes a toll on everyone.  SoR  expects 2x as much out of every player than GoM or DH do.  This week is our time off, time to get better, time to get gold, time to set up gvgs, time to recruit off server.

Speaking of off server.  I really want to make this clear, we ARE NOT TIER ONE ANYMORE!  Yes its fun to talk about the, "glory" days but that's long gone.  Its really irritating how many people on SoR still try to "name drop" Commanders/guilds they used to follow.  Indo, is a backup cmdr at best anymore.  Rai is pretty much the wvw lead on TC.  Sang is non existant afaik.  LGA is awesome as ever but Hel got too large for its own good.  Inori gets called a hacker, but thats less of an occurance since the fov changes.  Purpnurp/James or w/e....I do really miss him.  I could go on, but you get the idea.

--
Abyssal Soul/Dustbringer Chana/Wells Go/Tiras Soul/Pyrrhas Soul
[FX]/[ORDR]/[OMEN]

By:

Commander Derish of Darkness.4028
   Member of Knights Of Nefarious Greatness

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 09:00 AM

Guys seriously  no one from OMEN, KONG, GSCH, etc is going to bother trying this week. Even prior to the announcement of this golem week were were going to take this week off for people to have a break, so just enjoy it. Maybe get some PvE in (that place that is outside of WvW) or just have fun throwing disablers and laughing at all the people stuck in their golems. Regardless please do not let this week be any indication at all of how we are doing as  a  server. 

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 10:22 AM

Well last night we did push all the way to 610 and decimated the AR Golem Zerg with a carefully timed siege disable induced golem bomb. We managed to defend all 3 borderlands and eb for a good chunk of the night. I wouldn't say GSCH is not bothering to try. We're not doing anything we normally don't do, we're just having golem fun doing it. We know that as we showed last night you can take a keep under a minute and thirty right now. Not much time to mobilize a defense. Once this week is over things will return to normal. Mine as well have fun in the mean time. 

Guys remember, this is a game, fictional points don't do jack for you in life. Is being Tier 1 really going to change your life? Is it going to make bread cheaper? Are you going to put it on your resume? You don't need extra self induced stress on your life, i'm sure you have enough already. The ONLY reason you should be doing this is because you ENJOY it. Who cares what tier you're in, if you do what you love and love what you do it doesn't matter. We are not in Tier 1 anymore and to be frankly honest THANK GOD. I have never considered leaving this game other than when we were in Tier 1. Life was so volatile and negative all the time. I wouldn't WANT us to be back in that place. If that's what you want for this server then we wont see eye to eye. I want a place where rookie and veteran can go out and have fun together. My bottom line is about Fun and Memories, not about being tier 1.

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Valin.4527
   Member of Knights Of Nefarious Greatness

Replied On: 07/19/2015 at 05:03 PM

You know what we missing?  Omega golem sized quagans to kill.  :)

A man of many Valins, one for every class - [KONG]

By:

Commander Ranger Hussy.9523
   Member of Pro Power Players

Replied On: 07/20/2015 at 08:41 AM

well I'm definitely in the minority but for a change of pace I've been having a good time with the golem rush, it's been quiet enough about to actually have a good time other than on forums, nobody kittening because we interrupted their gvg or duels, some of us actually like to play for ppt since thats how the game mode was originally setup so they are killing 2 birds this week with a it doesn't matter game mode change and getting rid of extra golem prints.

and this whole the server decided to take the week off, my guild didn't get the memo but thats one of the joys of being in a small guild :)

By:

Commander jdjitsu.7895
   Member of Ecto Nightmare

Replied On: 07/20/2015 at 07:04 PM

I'm honestly glad some Ppl are having fun in WvW. I've been having a blast in sPvP and a TON of fun landing well timed Spectral walls/fears in eotm ;) One of my favorite things to do in gw2. Though I'm really missing being able to use Spectral walk to get away from the other half of the zerg I didn't fear off the cliff. There used to be a spot I could do it and drop below and watch them fall like rain. 

*Xeero Cool-Mez,Admiral Wiggin-Engi,Arya Sinfelle-Teef,Dirtyfilthyrotten-Necro,Ender Tha Xenocide-Rev
Filthydirtyrotten-Warrior

By:

saguthegreat.9815
   Member of WarFreak

Replied On: 07/21/2015 at 08:15 PM

I wish next reset this match up stay the same so we can have a good fight.

By:

Commander Greyfeathers.8175
   Member of Perfectionists Cult

Replied On: 07/22/2015 at 02:42 PM

WOW......

LOL.... I actually thought this week was all about fun and that is how I intend to take it. I've been out for a few days since Friday but I had no intention of doing anything in W vs W but having fun. I've read through posts about people hitting burn out , others wanting to soar back to a number one position and all I can say is eventually everyone needs a break. This week was meant to be fun and I know many of SOR's hard core W vs W players really needed a break. If the game becomes something that stresses you out so much you need to find another out let for having a good time. I'll stay here because SOR has some great people and leaders not because of their ranking in W vs W.

Enjoy the game and the friends it brings, take some time off to say "what the heck" and when things get rolling again let's go. The game should never be a job, work or something you get tired of doing, that's what a job is for, this is relaxation.

By:

Skuttlebutt.8471
   Member of Disciples of Omen

Replied On: 07/22/2015 at 04:03 PM

To be honest I was really bummed to find out it was a time-out week. But as the week has progressed the more noticeable the time off was needed for everyone involved in WvW.  I don't like seeing DH and AR fighting over our keep in EB either but that should not be the focus for us this week. It should be recharge and try to enjoy the other aspects of GW2. I don't like to speak for others so please excuse the "us" and replace with "me" instead. I have gone into WvW for my daily's and have seen new names and faces running around. They seemed to be having a good time despite the score. That excites me for next week to show those guys what as a collective we can accomplish and hopefully get them hooked.

I played on a Teir 2 and a Teir 3 server and I had and have so much more fun playing here on SoR than any time I spent elsewhere. Its not the Teir that helped make my decision its the people. If a jaded P.O.S. like me can be impressed by the quality of people here I have no doubts the newer players will feel the same.

Long story a little bit longer guys please just relax for the time being and either step away from the game this week or again enjoy the other aspects of the game.  If we continue to build it they will come(I know, I know tired movie quote kinda, but its the only way I could think of saying it)  1 week won't destroy WvW recruitment either. Last but not least I cannot wait for next week to see you all and hear your voices next week. 

Belit Tsari, Lilith, Naama, Somni

By:

Commander Sekkerhund.3790
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 07/23/2015 at 03:02 PM

I going to be very blunt and direct here: (you've been warned, don't continue if you're sensitive)

If any of you are frustrated by this week, then you need to consider a few options:

1. If your "fun" depends on always having the participation of several other players, then consider moving to a higher tier server.

Seriously, you will be much happier and so will we.

2. Take a break, play another game for a week or two. 

You're burnt out, but you just don't realize it, yet.  Your "break" is inevitable, so better to take it now, rather than after you've pissed everyone off and wasted a few hours posting rants about ... whatever.  We won't care, so it doesn't matter.

That being said... I hate this golem rush.  I logged in Friday, was unaware of it, it frustrated me because I couldn't do jack diddly without a golem,  and I logged back out after 20 minutes.  But rather than kitten, whine and complain, I'm taking a break and playing other stuff.  I'll be back when I feel up to it.

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Replied On: 07/23/2015 at 05:16 PM

@sekkerhund

sadly wvw depends on other peoples participation, so easier said than done.

and who will pay to transfer them to another server?

» Edited on: 2015-07-23 17:17:27

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved