London
Mar. 28, 2024
4:44 PM GMT

Dawn of a New Age

By:

Commander xivor.8754
   Member of Chariot of Fire

Posted On: 10/17/2014 at 05:02 PM

Hey guys, been letting the waters settle a bit since my last major post.  But judging from the variety of comments that have been shared in the various threads recently (to include my thread about stepping down from the War Council), there seems to be a lot of people that desire to see SoR get a hold of itself, unite, and do great things.  I am stoked to see this!  

But this is not an easy task.  When you go into WvW, you see a lot of some of the same major guilds out there: KOGS, RA, GSCH, EG, FIRE, MEGA, VEX. FIRE, MEGA, and VEX draw small numbers.  5-15ish.  KOGS, RA, and GSCH draw many more numbers, especially KOGS, who can draw upwards to 40. In order to seriously accomplish a united server, we need to get these main guilds united.  Sure, there are many other guilds out there casually 1 or 2 nights a week (WF, SIN, MCG, FX, HALO etc), but these guilds I named pull a lot of weight on the server with many raids each week and are the regularly engaged ones on our TS.

There seemed to be a few people that talked about coordinating strategy on this website.  I would like to post some facts gathered from the various guild information posted on this site:

GUILD MEMBERSHIP & ACTIVITY ON SITE:

GSCH: 450 in guild, 445 registered on site, 86 active in past 30 days

FIRE: 73 in guild, 25 registered on site, 21 active in past 30 days

EG: 500 in guild, 25 registered on site, 17 active in past 30 days

VEX: 25 in guild, 12 registered on site, 11 active in past 30 days

MEGA: 40 in guild, 15 registered on site, 10 active in past 30 days

RA: 60 in guild, 15 registered on site, 3 active in past 30 days

KOGS: 90 in guild, 2 registered on site, 2 active in past 30 days

My point in posting this is not to say one guild is better than the rest.  It is to give a piece of reality to the community. The best coordination for a strong WvW community lies in its ongoing discussions after the meeting and throughout the matchups.  That is where forums like this come in handy.  The battle can be discussed as it lays out, and we can identify flaws and find solutions throughout the week. But we cannot do that if people do not use it! And people cannot use it if they do not know of it!  And if there are any guild leaders or officers that refused to utilize this communications resource, then shame on you!  This may not be the best website in the world, but it is much better than many other servers I have seen.  And, even if it does suck...this is what we have, so we might as well use it!

Guild leaders, officers, members, get your guilds engaged! Tell them about this website and how important it is to engage themselves in here in order to build up our community! In your guild members, have a good 5 minute period where everyone that participates comes to this website and creates their account!

This is the dawn of a new age, everyone.  We fell hard, but we pulled together a bit.  Had some successful matches after we stabilized, but kind of crumbled in the middle of the tournament.  That is ok.  We may have stumbled, but that does not mean we have fallen completely.  Guilds and guild leadership, we need to put our grudges behind us.  This is an important thing that started killing this community. This is where much of the drama came from that pushed me away from leadership. And this is the same complaint I have heard over and over again from other random members of what they feel we need to fix the most on our server.

[FIRE] is here to stay, and we fully intend to continue to be a community builder for a guild here on Sanctum of Rall.  I know people heard rumors of us leaving the server.  Yes, out of anger and frustrations, some of us considered it.  That idea was squashed in the first 24hrs, and we are all of one accord in staying here to build up SoR with you all.  We want to have a strong relationship with ALL guilds here!  I may not be War Council any longer, but I will still be an active voice in this community! I don't need a rank or position to be a positive influence for Sanctum of Rall and try to do my part to improve it.

Let's push aside all the negativity we have been bogged down with lately.  All the negative posts, everything.  Lets start afresh and build back up!

Combat Medic Barbie | Mist Walker Barbie | Rigor Mortis Barbie

Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE]

Reason:

Member Response:

By:

Commander timmyf.1490
   Member of Super Mega Happy Fun Time

Replied On: 10/17/2014 at 05:56 PM

MEGA is transferring to Swaguuma. Later bro! #getunicorned #justkidding

---
Karaoke (Loki | Oaky | Pokey | Smokey | Croaky | Cloaky | Soaky | Gnocchi)
Guild Leader - Super Mega Happy Fun Time [MEGA] - supermegahappyfuntime.com

By:

Commander godarmy.4586

Replied On: 10/18/2014 at 11:23 AM

[FIRE] has some Sanctum Swag. :)

By:

Commander Marcovius.1230
   Member of Rizen From the Ashes

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 07:10 AM

KOGS moved to Isle of Janthir (IoJ) server. I asked Johny why the move, but the only reply I received was that I had "missed a lot" over the last couple of weeks. The WvW Tournaments always seem to take a harsh toll on the server, especially when the QQ Trolls come out very vocally to express their disappointment at not winning First Place every week. Personally, I don't understand the willingness to spend so much to transfer servers - seems like a waste of resources and time. If the server does want to "do better" in WvW, we need less people k-training in Edge of the Mists and more people in the actual WvW Borderlands.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 07:49 AM

There was a lot of drama with KOGS.  A ton of rudeness and disregard for other guilds groups on SoR. Part of the reason why I was so over-stressed and stepped down from the War Council was due to drama/toxicity with Johny and Zababa with others on the server. I am not going to bring out all those issues again; I worked hard to shield most of the server community from the toxicity I dealt with.

Also, more apparent things about KOGS...their guild stopped supporting other guild groups, refused to place scouts, and refused to respond to scouts.  During the tournament, callouts would go out to KOGS commanders to help defend home BL, and they would refuse to respond.  They stopped coming to our server meetings, too.  KOGS just became very isolationistic.  This is not a community-builder of a guild.  When they started, they were, but they changed as they became more blob-oriented. Every single day, one of my guild members, who only scouts and defends, would complain because all KOGS would do is karma train, and never defend during the EU time.

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920
   Member of Calamitous Annihilation

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 12:42 PM

Hopefully we can get others interested in WvW again. Despite our loss with population, we need to focus on working together now more than ever. We need to set up a few chains of communication for group coordination. This new age dawns with a cloudy morning with a chance of thunderstorms, but the forecast suggests a possibility for sunny with clouds. Our server needs change. I am seeing many disheartened players, including some of my own in the guild...

I pray that change comes before it is too late. VEX will be organizing several open raids throughout the week as well as a general basics training. The events will go one the calendar as well as in EVERY MAP chat where there would be SoR players. Though these won't be "VEX tactics", these training sessions will be general informational sessions, and I hope these sessions can help new players or players needing help.

Something else to be aware of... Other servers are recruiting (and quite successfully if i may add) in our bracket. If we are to rebuild the community we need to look at how we can withstand competition with these other servers and still balance how well our community thrives. Regardless, this will require a great deal of communication between commanders and guild leaders at the very least.

Personally, my group will be out there for 9-12 hours a day doing what we do. We will be on defense and offense. Any and Every map. Tag always flying. All our welcome to join us. We are always there to help anyone with questions. Commanders, if you need VEX's support WHISPER ME!!! I will bump to your channel, pop into CComs, or whisper you back!! We are 10~ players who are well trained and ready to fight... Though we cannot do everything, and probably will not win every fight, we will still give it our all!!

Going back to topic, We can rebuild. We can reorganize. We can do this! 

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 01:06 PM

We can rebuild, though I believe it will take us bottoming out before we see it happen.  Not being a "Negative Nancy", but bringing a dose of reality to it.  How can we get people more interested in wvw?  With Megaservers this has become more difficult, but we can still rally the troops from the major cities, they just need to know people are still out there.  Rally them to SoR BL and decide on a bl to attack from there; host class specific nights; or uplevel day.  The most important thing is we try to not lose heart.  I have to admit that after upgrading and working hard with Mega, RA, and Fire last night to get back our BL and get it upgraded I was disheartened when I saw us lose it all this morning when tag wouldn't jump from EB to help.  I know stuff happens and we can't be everywhere since we don't have a ton of people out in world, but we do need to communicate effectively and learn to work together, FIRE/MEGA/VEX do this very well already so lets see more of this roll out with other guilds/tags.  Set aside whatever hard feelings you may have against specific guilds/people and work as a server to move up and be better;  it will go a long way to getting us to where we need to be and get us back on our feet so to speak.

We can do it, just regroup, stack for water, blast and move back into the fray!

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 01:39 PM

Personally, I think we need to focus on creating a relaxed, fun, collaborative atmosphere first. If we're looking to pull in PvE players, that's what will get them to stick. Turning PvE players into WvWers is very possible. If we do that and teach them to play RIGHT - not karma-training, not blobbing - we can start to refresh our ranks. 

What we need is for the big PvE guilds on SoR - GSCH, EG, STAR, SIN, MCG, I'm looking at you - to keep encouraging their players to come into WvW. Maybe we can coordinate "WvW For PvE Players Nights" or something?

---

By:

Commander synosius.9876
   Member of Seriously Over Rated

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 03:23 PM

We may need to shed more layers until we are left with a core who are happy with our place and desire to face challenges.

I did not get along with zaba and avoided her.  I could talk to johny but only because I talked to johny on johny's terms.  It was frustrating to watch kogs blob around and wondering what it would be like if johny would actually use tactics?

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Ill just leave that link there...

Remember how recently our wvw community has started; s1 was different leadership, s2 was a void.  Our current organization rly just started a few months prior to s3.  Part of this new path we are on should develop a new style of wvw that is more inclusive of all types of players.  We dont all want ZvZ, some cant due to hardware limitations or bad internet connections.  We can find roles for players of all skills lvls and establish fertile ground for wvw focused guilds to grow.

By:

Commander burialsoup.5612

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 07:33 PM

if you remembers fogs post,ask what do we have  as a server to offer.

to be honest i can't answer that,mega server killed what sor was great for, and are lack of wvw guilds hurts us on that side.

maybe we can find wvw guilds that don't like easy mode, and also SOR has developed a hate from other servers,hopefully that can be shed and things move forward.

other problem is, when wvw becomes  a bore and stagnant ,the wvw only people leave.No one enjoys being steam rolled all the time.

» Edited on: 2014-10-19 19:34:42

By:

Roguenite.1469

Replied On: 10/19/2014 at 08:59 PM

This is my first post on this website. 

"If we're looking to pull in PvE players, that's what will get them to stick. Turning PvE players into WvWers is very possible. " -TIMMYF

I am one of the PvE players that has turned into a WvWer (albeit not a very good one). It is possible, but it will take a lot of time, and somewhat a lot of patience. I just started WvW and I've had this game for nearly a year, but I got bit by the WvW bug, and I have Collisto to thank for it :)

The reason that I've been into WvW can be boiled down to a simple reason: I find it fun! Sure, I hate being steam rolled (and it happens a lot), but my guild has made me feel that it's not such a big deal. I wish we could own every map we were in, but it's not as fun as holding an entire zerg at some insignificant tower with 4 people. I'm calling out everyone in EVIL here to thank them for creating that "relaxed, fun, collaborative atmosphere" that we wish so much for the rest of our server. It will take a long time, but I am very hopeful!

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading my post!

[EVIL]Deedlit

By:

kanebrake.6192

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 04:46 AM

Summary :

1) Build the SoR community around wvw instead of pve.

2) Recruit guilds/players who focus is wvw. Open field fighting and ppt. We have plenty of casual wvw players and are lacking the hardcore.

3) Don't be afraid to pay guilds/players to come. Beyond that SoR offers absolutely nothing that is going to attract anyone to our wvw ranks.

SoR is going about building the community in the wrong way. With mega servers most pve players do not care what home world they are on. Building the server community should be centered around wvw. We should be recruiting guilds and players whose focus is wvw. And yes that means offering people incentives/transfer fees to come over. People want to be on the winning team and SoR is NOT a winning team at this point. You can't depend on the accomplishments of the past to attract players for wvw.

Daemon

By:

amonain.3596

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 07:00 AM

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 07:11:14

By:

amonain.3596

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 07:22 AM

kanebrake you are absolutely right.  wvw is unique serve-based game content and pride of serve.

wvw and pve are very different games. pve  user play for  item or self-contentment.

but core wvwer fight for victory and honor. 

sor should build well-skilled core big open field guild . 

By:

Commander sscripko.5387
   Member of Archangels Haven

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 07:36 AM

I would actually take the far opposite approach to you, kanebrake.  The problem with a war chest becomes how do you force people to contribute, and who is going to maintain it and determine what guilds qualify for it. (PS.  Making guilds pay gold for channels in the TS is not going to happen as long as I host it.  I've seen this suggestion too many times.)   It costs roughly 250g to transfer a single person at this point, so we are talking about rather large sums of gold to have it not be a joke.  That's 200 people running cof p1 for each person's transfer, or 125 people killing tequatl and donating all of the gold reward.

If we are to grow the wvw experience, it starts with the guilds that are here.  We set the tone of our server.  I don't qualify as a "hardcore" wvw player.  Probably less than 25% of my playing hours are in wvw.  When I took over hosting the teamspeak, the goal was to establish a community that did many things together, be that wvw, dungeon, teq, or TT.  If "the community" needs to become a hardcore wvw community, I'll probably have to bow out of hosting the teamspeak, as I established it as a community teamspeak for guilds that have a presence on sor to all of their activities on, not just wvw, and not just for wvw focused groups.

------

Archangels Haven [HALO] - WvW Command Team. Purchaser of the Golems. TS Administrator.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 07:52 AM

I think we need all of the above. We need fights guilds, we need PPT guilds. We need guilds playing offense, we need guilds playing defense. We need hardcore 8+ hour/day raiding guilds, we need casual guilds that show up for a few hours on the weekend. We need individuals who come in on their own as well.

What we need, more than anything else, is for each person in WvW to be as effective as possible.

For example, I can't tell you the number of times I see people drop defensive siege in a spot where it's going to be immediately destroyed. People who flip a camp or tower with full supply, don't need to take any, but don't bother to run an upgrade. People who don't respond to swords and let groups of 3-5 people take keeps. (I've seen a group of 5 take our Bay during NA Primetime.)

I think the first step is to take all the people we have - dedicated WvWers and PvE casuals alike - and work on raising the overall level of knowledge and ability. Recruiting more players is awesome, but there's a limited return on investment there. You can spend 20 hours recruiting and get nowhere. But if you spend 20 hours trying to train a small group of players to be more effective, you'll make a serious impact.

Improving ourselves should be step 1. Once we start punching above our weight, we can make a better recruiting pitch.

---

By:

kanebrake.6192

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 08:21 AM

Thank you for responding.

You don't force anyone to contribute but wvw oriented players/guilds probably will as long as it is put to good use. 

You don't start by recruiting entire guilds. You start with bringing in commanders and skilled wvw individuals who can help established guilds/players move up to the next level.

Not making guilds pay for ts channels is probably a pretty good idea. I think it would cause people/guilds to find alternative voice coms on principal alone.

I'm honestly not sure what the intended "wvw experience" is on SoR. I don't know what the direction is. Are we trying to reestablish SoR as a wvw powerhouse? Is it good enough to be bouncing around in the bottom tiers? Someone please give me some insight as to the intended direction of SoR regarding wvw. Do we even have a direction and an intention? 

I'm not suggesting that the wvw community is built up to the exclusion of the pve community. But people need to recognize that they are two separate entities. The pool of pve players willing to get into wvw is pretty small. Either due to bad experiences or due to just not liking a player versus player game mode. Either way I don't see an influx of players into wvw from the pve ranks on SoR.

Again I'll reiterate what I said before. Mega servers killed off individual pve server communities. That leaves wvw to base a community around. If I were primarily a pve player it wouldn't matter what world I called home. My pve community could span every NA or EU server. That's why we have cross world events and guilds. But the one place that establishing a server based community matters for gw2 is in wvw.

Daemon

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 09:08 AM

I think there's still open discussion to be had about our goals for WvW. Past discussions have, to the best of my knowledge, set a strategy of PPT first, holding home map and our corner in EB, and pushing once those are established and defended.

---

By:

kanebrake.6192

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 09:22 AM

Strategies are (usually) established to facilitate reaching goals. I'm trying to figure out what the goals are for wvw on SoR. Both long term and short term. I know I read recruitment threads on various forums that SoR is looking to reestablish it's wvw force. Are we? I read about SoR rising from the dead to climb back up to the top of wvw. Is that the plan?

Daemon

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 09:22 AM

"I'm honestly not sure what the intended "wvw experience" is on SoR. I don't know what the direction is. Are we trying to reestablish SoR as a wvw powerhouse? Is it good enough to be bouncing around in the bottom tiers? Someone please give me some insight as to the intended direction of SoR regarding wvw. Do we even have a direction and an intention?"

This! So much! I am still waiting to hear where our direction is. With what VEX is doing, i feel like i waste my guild's time with trying to aid the server's endeavors to prove we won't roll over and die to the scum of T8. I get the feeling not many really care about winning, losing, fighting, ppt'ing, or WvW'ing  in general. So what am i fighting for? I'm not the only one wondering where people are, but as Kanebrake said, i as well am interested to know what our stance with WvW is. I came here for a WvW community trying to rebuild to move to T4ish. I see players and a community that doesn't care a lick for WvW. So i search to this day for the answer.

Where does SoR want to be?

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 09:43 AM

I used to know.  I helped develop the vision we had.  Unfortunately, once we hit competition, everything fell apart. Now I am broken without vision, struggling to find belief that our server will amount to anything at this point.

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 09:59 AM

Yeah but  that goes back to the question "what is everyone elses vision" We can have one you can have one but that doesn't mean everyone does on SoR feels the same way. I honestly wish I knew...We got more people out there that don't use ts and don't know what they're doing than we do at our server meetings. i don't know who cares and who doesn't care outside of a few guilds. 

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 10:00:08

Officer of [FIRE]Chariot of Fire also known as ProteinBar

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 10:03 AM

I'll make a video today maybe.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 10:31 AM

Then let's get the few remaining guilds we have active in our WvW Community and develop a vision. And build off of that. 

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 11:06 AM

No better place to start than there! Nothing like a good collaboration to get the plan down and motivation.

And what kind of video?! :O

By:

Commander Mistress Collisto.1546

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 11:13 AM

"I'm calling out everyone in EVIL here to thank them for creating that "relaxed, fun, collaborative atmosphere" that we wish so much for the rest of our server."  -Roguenite

;)

[EVIL] although with a small WvW presence is here for the long run.

This weekend my guilds goals in WvW where severely shortened, not only did we have a lack of numbers ourselves, but no matter where we went we would get steamrolled 4v1. Makes things less enjoyable.  Did either of these other servers gain that many people?  I don't think that is the issue, I feel our servers presence since week 2 of the tournament was on the decline until this weekend when it was almost nonexistent outside of reset.

Unfortunately our guild time for WvW had to be shortened to keep things somewhat enjoyable by those in the guild and so we went and trolled EotM.  Practiced our siege and holding structures.  You can ask my guildies, I am not a fan of EotM and I feel that place should be nerfed into the recycling bin of bad ideas that breed nothing more then farmers and hacks.  But we had a good time and a few guildies got to learn how to hold onto things while amassing large numbers of bags.

It was even discussed by one of my fellow founders of [EVIL] who never does WvW that we should take, siege up and hold a structure in WvW.  So even the PvE people the most against WvW can have a week moment and we just need to capitalize on that show them how fun it can be.

Team Speak, Team Speak, Team Speak....  and public chat when possible, even if its a guild group, if you are not looking to lead the entire map just go in the havoc section.  At least then people know there are others on the map via TS.  I am guilty of it as well, but sitting in a guild room is just not inviting to those who are not part of it.

Mistress Collisto|Molly Oakenheart|Lena Andersdotter|Heather Jones
Guild Leader of [JADE] www.Immortalizedin.enjin.com

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 11:55 AM

"And what kind of video?!"

It'll involve dancing and unicorns, most likely.

---

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 12:45 PM

Hahaha karaoke do you need a Norn with a top hat?

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 12:50 PM

My heart belongs to a charr in a top hat, sorry.

---

By:

Commander Super P.8572
   Member of Impact Players

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 12:57 PM

As I read this thread I can't help but find it kind of amusing.

I'm sorry that SoR is falling apart, as during my short time there I got to see a community completely change.

As one of the founders of KOGS, I can't help but wonder why there is so much animosity toward a guild who tried to do and help so much.

We began transferring the guild last Friday night on the 17th. We did not leave because of the server, we left because WvW was slow for us and we were not getting the fights and experience most of us want to improve and get better as a group.

Within 48 hours we had more than 70 guildies transfer, those who have transferred did not even question the transfer. After getting here to IoJ we cannot be more happy here and all of us who have left wish you all the best of luck.

Love, Prissy 

P.S. Xivor, being ankittenis not a way to get help or attract people to a server, it may be wise to accept responsibility for your actions and not place blame on others. Stay in PvE where you belong.

By:

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 12:57 PM

@sscripko,
I dont think anyone said that the community had to become hardcore,but that we needed hardcore guilds to help out in wvw.

@ Super P
glad your happy where you are.but i always question why guilds that look for fights jump?
wouldn't you think if you split your blob,you would have better training, i see plenty of other server groups running around.

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 13:04:48

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 01:07 PM

I see a lot of recommendations for what we need to do as far as recruiting/getting people out there and how to move forward, but how are we going to cope with where we are at present? At the moment we lack the foundation for a strong holding in both EB and our own borderlands, we need to make a choice in my opinion of which we are going to hold. To me since the borderlands gives us more points and makes us looks stronger as a server it would behoove us to make that a priority over EB. Either way whatever decision we make we need to commit to and stay with the same goal week after week, and not treat everything as if we are in EOTM. If we are constantly changing our strategy it will make the people who are out there day in and day out feel that their time and efforts are wasted. Which will ultimately lead to people no longer logging in, transferring off, or just not coming into world.

I understand that PVX/PVE guilds that come out want to have a good time in WVW, but so do the WVW specific people who know the priorities and work toward those goals only to see all of their hard work go to waste as soon as they leave for the day. As a server, WVW/PVX/PVE we need to set a foundation, a goal and stick to it or we will never get anywhere but T8. IF that is where people are comfortable then so be it. If we can't get people to commit to a single borderland then people need to get on board with map hopping to help hold and maintain our borderland objectives. Many of you have been in the upper tiers this is not foreign to you, yet we still fail to do it. I saw us lose 3 t3 objectives on our borderland on Sunday because the EB tag would not hop maps but also wasn't getting anywhere in EB.

For those of us that are out there every day, several hours a day, WVW is a passion. It is a game mode that we love and have fun doing. We know that communication is key to everything we do and we do it. Whether it be on c comms, pms, whatever we do it and make it work, but not everyone is on the same page. Communication is the most important thing in addition to having that goal and strong foundation. If we don't have these things, then why are we here? What does WVW mean without them?

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 13:09:08

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 13:21:05

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 01:14 PM

Well Answer this Prissy you left because you weren't getting the fights you wanted and experience? Well I feel kinda hurt that you would just up and leave like that. I respected a lot of you guys and thank you for what you guys did but on this side it look like you abandoned us when things got rough. As a server community we need to focus on EVERYONE in the server and not just stop at our own guilds. Anyway good luck and hope you find your "fights"

I fully agree with ADAHILIA on this. So should we setup a meeting that isn't on reset night to discuss some of this?

By:

Commander Super P.8572
   Member of Impact Players

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 01:17 PM

@Kavor Did you ever run with us? Blobbing is when there is 60+ in a group and we sure as heck didn't do that on a daily basis.

ETA: @othlos, Staying in an abusive relationship is dangerous and unhealthy.

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 13:21:40

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 01:29 PM

"Blobbing is when there is 60+ in a group"

In T6, 30-40 counts as a blob. My favorite thing was seeing 30-40 people in the KOGS "All Havok No Zerg" channel. KOGS blobbed hard, never ran upgrades, never placed defensive siege, never scouted.

What's strangest to me is that KOGS was full of former members of PF, a guild that was EXCEPTIONAL at scouting and defending.

Have fun with your fights on IoJ.

---

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 01:33 PM

Haha funny you mentioned that...you had said it wasn't because the server?? Now you say you guys were being abused? So thanks for pointing that out for me. All i needed to know!

By:

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 01:51 PM

@SuperP yes i have and it was a blob,Nothing to be gained by steamrolling people with a large group,and pug blobs don't count.
most them are commanderless or have no clue.
thats why i stated breaking a group up ,much more to be learned,but doesn't matter at this point, IOJ is the new bandwagon server.

» Edited on: 2014-10-20 14:01:23

By:

kanebrake.6192

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 04:30 PM

I must be stupid but I don't see a way to quote posts? Anyhow...

"When I took over hosting the teamspeak, the goal was to establish a community that did many things together, be that wvw, dungeon, teq, or TT. If "the community" needs to become a hardcore wvw community, I'll probably have to bow out of hosting the teamspeak, as I established it as a community teamspeak for guilds that have a presence on sor to all of their activities on, not just wvw, and not just for wvw focused groups." - sscripko.5387

Who said anything about the teamspeak being only for wvw focused groups? No reason that non wvw oriented players and guilds can't be using it. Just don't bring a teq raid into a borderlands channel or take over a pve oriented channel with wvw. What makes you feel that you wouldn't be able to administer the ts server?

"I used to know. I helped develop the vision we had. Unfortunately, once we hit competition, everything fell apart. Now I am broken without vision, struggling to find belief that our server will amount to anything at this point." - xivor.8754

What was the vision? Specifically the wvw vision. At least that might be a starting point.

"Yeah but that goes back to the question "what is everyone elses vision" We can have one you can have one but that doesn't mean everyone does on SoR feels the same way. I honestly wish I knew...We got more people out there that don't use ts and don't know what they're doing than we do at our server meetings. i don't know who cares and who doesn't care outside of a few guilds. " - othlos.4508

It's not really a mystery who cares and who doesn't. The guilds/people who are working towards the wvw goal(s) (whatever those turn out to be) care. Those that aren't, do not care. And to be perfectly honest I don't see any point in concerning myself with what the people who aren't working towards the goal feel. Most likely they aren't involved with wvw to begin with.

"If we are constantly changing our strategy it will make the people who are out there day in and day out feel that their time and efforts are wasted. Which will ultimately lead to people no longer logging in, transferring off, or just not coming into world." - adahilia.3678

Great point. This is exactly why so many guilds left SoR back in the day. Because we felt like it was wasted effort.

So after reading this thread I can say one thing for certain. SoR has no goals or strategies for wvw at this point. At one time we did but something happened and they went by the wayside. Which leads me to one question at this point.

Do we want to make a change in terms of wvw on SoR or are we content with how things are?

Daemon

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 05:02 PM

I'm working on a few videos that (I hope) will start the conversation. Stay tuned. Can't promise they're good ideas, but they're ideas nonetheless.

---

By:

Harakael.5830
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 05:39 PM

"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal"

-Just wanted to say im always here to stay

--Greenie

-Greenstone "Big Green Guy" / Richard Ryder "The Crimson Nutcase" / Viridis Caedo " Green Death" / Walla Quilcai Tuta "Necro Inka"
[VIG][HnB][Ren]

"Wars Come And Go, But My Soldiers Stay Eternal"

"In Hood We Trust"

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/20/2014 at 05:41 PM

Kanebrake, back when I stepped up to the plate to take charge in the absence of leadership...before [RA] existed, before [KOGS] existed, before [MEGA] even did WvW (I think), and when [FIRE] had maybe 12-15 people (only 3 would do WvW), we had no foundation at all.  What we see here is lightyears ahead of where we were.  Hard to believe it, but it is true.  Many of the people that were in the original meetings about finding our place as we stumbled in Season 2 getting blasted are now gone.  The only WvW guilds we had then...[SHDW] and [ZERO], and the WvW-oriented people of [EG], who left [EG] to make [IQ] and move to DB.

Our vision that we decided on back then was to first stabilize. We did that when we hit place 21. We found our sweet spot.  Then we decided that we wanted a server that was focused on COMMUNITY above all, with COMPETITION being second.  One where we would not let the elitism of WvW sway people away, but a place that ANYONE on SoR can come and participate in. The reason for this is because MANY of our current participants in WvW are actually people that were either shunned away from old T1 SoR by the "elite" WvW guilds, or were turned off by the rudeness and attitudes given by those commanding and participating.  People of all skill levels want to play, not just the "Marines", the few, the proud. This was our goal.  With that, we hoped to find a sweet spot in Silver League where the WvW was balanced. Coverage, PPT, fights, roaming, havoc, large groups, but no crazy queues all the time.

Then we focused on recruiting and training from within.  [FIRE] led 2 training events a week in WvW that many community members participated in, for example. I know there were some others as well. There was a lot of recruiting from within SoR guilds from PvE players.  It is easier to recruit people that are already on the server and teach them than it is to recruit WvW focused guilds without buying them. Also, simutaneously, I started pushing outside of WvW to the other servers, but advertising specifically for guilds that wanted a community-oriented server.  And we had some success, with smaller guilds moving over.  [NQ] came, but their guild leadership stopped logging on, and they were absorbed into the community. [PF] came with maybe 15, built up to maybe 75ish I think, and then left a few months later with like 5-6.  Most of [PF] stayed and absorbed into [KOGS], which was formed by a former [GSCH] and [PF] member, Zababa, and Johny, whom I also recruited from SFR server. [VEX] was also a transfer, as was [BOMB].  All four of those guilds + Johny I personally spoke with in regards to joining our server, and they sought out a strong community, one that was not so focused on elitism, but on working together as a team.  None were bought.

But, SoR had a "Cold War"-esque situation going into the tournament.  And coming out of it, drama upon drama hit. I threw in the towel, because though others had not seen much of it to that point, but I had.  I was in the middle of so many guild v guild issues, trying to mitigate and shield the community from them, that I was burnt out.  At that point, I just gave up.

So, our vision was always community, with a desire to move somewhere mid silver league eventually.  But to slowly get there, not to move to fast like DR or NSP did when they rose.  We didn't want to be a bandwagon. We wanted to be a strong community first.  But, our community stumbled.

By:

kanebrake.6192

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 12:15 AM

"So, our vision was always community... But, our community stumbled." - xivor.8754

I'm trying to come up with a way to say these things diplomatically. But that's not my strong suit. I will say they aren't directed at you, Xivor but in general.

The SoR community "stumbled" a long time before the server fell from T1. It was a toxic cesspool on all fronts. So bad in fact that there was a mass exodus of guilds and players off the server. That people are still touting SoR for its community is mind boggling to me.

I came back because I heard and believed SoR wanted to crawl up out of the pit. And I thought to myself "Great! A server that's hungry and striving to crawl its way out of the bottom of the barrel. This will be fun!"

But reading the discussions on here, listening and talking on ts, and making multiple runs in wvw I have to say I'm hard pressed to find any evidence that the SoR community gives half of a flying flamingo about wvw. I can't make anyone care about it but if wvw isn't important to this server anymore that someone should just say as much. It would save those of us who do care a lot of time and hassle.

» Edited on: 2014-10-21 00:16:33

Daemon

By:

lenin.9871

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 02:58 AM

» Edited on: 2014-10-21 03:11:17

By:

Commander Muffin Nook.5923
   Member of Mötley Crüe

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 06:46 AM

Quote:
I'm hard pressed to find any evidence that the SoR community gives half of a flying flamingo about wvw

There are about 15 or so people that play daily that I run into. I see the odd group from [RITE], [Vex], [Evil], [Bomb], and [Ecto]. Its pretty sad when 3 rangers from [EG] retake our BL and our corner in EB mainly because anyone else currently on is too busy dueling or doing map completion. (I check my flist and guild panel from time to time when I am in WvW and see a ton of people in Eotm. They just want the loot,karma and the wxp, they don't really give a flying hockey puck about tactics)

Its probably going to get worse the next couple of months with new LS content, halloween, wintersday and all that other PVE kitten that they recycle every year.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 07:16 AM

"They just want the loot,karma and the wxp, they don't really give a flying hockey puck about tactics"

This is obviously a huge problem and the reason you see so many people on Guardian staff auto-attacking until the sun comes up. Still, it's not something that's easy to change, so I'd suggest we start by focusing on people who are willing to learn and grow and get better.

---

By:

kanebrake.6192

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 08:50 AM

"Its probably going to get worse the next couple of months with new LS content, halloween, wintersday and all that other PVE kitten that they recycle every year."

Indeed. Gotta have the shiny.

Daemon

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 12:56 PM

Decision 2014:

Change: We need it!
Organization: We must get some!

In 5 hours our borderlands goes from our color FULLY upgraded and sieged with a patroling group to a vacant wasteland where ET owns everything replaced our waypoints with theirs, and not so much as a soul in sight. Our run time starts soon... (VEX that is) Just another day at the office i suppose. ;)

If we do not want this to be a constant, it will require more organization between existing groups. We will need to change. Some good things that would be useful to push...

>>>> http://www.sanctumofrall.com/discussion/sor_wvw/post_46102.html <<<< This.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 02:43 PM

*sigh* 

Fine.  I guess you wont let me be a spiteful, disgruntled old fart, will you, Aleman?!??!?!

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 03:41 PM

NO!

By:

azaleagrace.6157

Replied On: 10/21/2014 at 04:41 PM

Wow! So usually I stay out of this stuff and don't really say anything, but did Prissy really compare our WvW community to an abusive relationship? I honestly feel like the two shouldn't even be placed in the same thought. If you aren't happy on SoR, then you aren't happy. But don't say that you were abused, because that's just ridiculous and makes you sound less than smart.

» Edited on: 2014-10-21 16:48:03

By:

Commander Sekkerhund.3790
   Member of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/26/2014 at 10:51 PM

Then we decided that we wanted a server that was focused on COMMUNITY above all, with COMPETITION being second.  One where we would not let the elitism of WvW sway people away, but a place that ANYONE on SoR can come and participate in. The reason for this is because MANY of our current participants in WvW are actually people that were either shunned away from old T1 SoR by the "elite" WvW guilds, or were turned off by the rudeness and attitudes given by those commanding and participating.  People of all skill levels want to play, not just the "Marines", the few, the proud. This was our goal.

Steps to take:

1. Just focus on that.

2. Just focus on that.

3. Just focus on that.

4. Just focus on that.

5. Just focus on that.

6. Just focus on that.

7. Just focus on that.

8. Just focus on that.

9. Just focus on that.

10. Just focus on that.

Seriously, pull your heads out of your guilds, don't worry about "WvW training" or what voice comms to use or any of that controlling, demanding crap and

• Just.

• Go.

• Out.

• And.

• Have.

• Fun.

If you really, really, really have that O.C.D. need to "have training", then at least make it fun.  Try not to shove training down their throats, because most players don't like that.  People play a game to have fun and IMO, based on what I've been reading here over the last month or so, a lot of you seem to have forgotten that.  Focus on the fun and believe me, the winning will start to happen again because players play their best when they are happy and having fun.

So make WvW fun and people will start coming out again.

Oh yea, and stop the drama BS.  Just stop it.  No one likes that crap.

» Edited on: 2014-10-26 22:58:51

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 04:20 AM

So...

When are we deleting the WvW section of the website?

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 05:49 AM

Seeker.  We had fun.  When people showed up and we were competative.  When people cared.  When people worked together as a team on this server.  When people tried to improve.  The fun stopped when people stopped showing up and we were no longer competative.  When people stopped caring.  When people stopped working together as a team.  When people stopped trying to improve.

So maybe your rich view of fun is different than it is for many of us.  WvW is not fun when it is empty and dead, and we are the only small groups that participate.  That is not fun. Maybe it is fun for you.  By all means, then this can be your fun playground.  Because judging from the lack of activity, the lack of care, the lack of teamwork, and the lack of desire to improve, this is all your going to get on the server.

Go have fun.

EDIT:  Why am I not surprised he is a GSCH member?  Nuff said.

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 05:50:55

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 06:46 AM

No need to take pot shots at GSCH. Keep in mind that everybody has different ideas of "fun." For some players, fun may mean "running around in WvW without a care in the world, let's just take whatever is empty and unprotected." 

For a lot of us, "fun" means putting together a crack fighting squad, heading out, and terrorizing the enemy.

I find theorycrafting fun. I find training and practicing as a group fun. I find working together to be better together fun. I find watching my guildmates grow, learn, and discover fun. I find wiping enemies that outnumber us fun. I find turning away 30 people from a tower with a single treb fun.

Just remember - EVERYBODY remember - "go out and have fun" is good advice, but SOME OF US HAVE FUN WHEN WE ARE ALSO DOING WELL.

---

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 08:29 AM

OK so let me show you my brand of fun.  I came up with this last night on a lark.  spirit weapon/boon rip  I want to see how that build works in a group setting, in world and fighting loads of baddies.  My brand of fun includes being competitive, not just as a guild but as a server.  I will just come out and say it.  I like to win.  What makes world not fun for me, is hearing and seeing groups on a map not working together.  Completely ignoring a call for help or juking one tag to a different map on a bs call for help, being told to shut up in a server meeting for wvw when we are a large part of it.  Really what it comes down to, is your brand of fun is not the same as mine.  I'm just going to come out and say it since no one else has here, don't tell me  how to have fun in my game. 

This tread was about bringing the community together and trying to work toward being competitive in world.  Not by telling people how to have fun, but to embrace everyone that comes into world.  But from the tumbleweeds I have seen since the end of the season, there are very few who care about this server or care about world.  I am a big proponent of being a community and working together, but it seems to me the more the wvw people try to reach out to the community, the more toxic that community gets.  I have only been at trying to pull people together for a bit over a week, so I can only imagine  how Xivor feels doing it for months.  I'm done trying.  So have your brand of fun as the server continues to bleed people.  We lost one guild member over the weekend because of this junk and we may  lose one other because of it.  We are a small guild, we can't afford to lose anyone.   When even the rallians have gone then tell me the way we were trying to do it was wrong.

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 08:36:28

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 08:40 AM

^ for that build I'd worry about the 10s cooldown on the boon rip trait. Mesmer shatter build with sword might be the way to go if you're really looking for boon rip. (Now, if you just want to try Guard, then the boon rip is just a nice side benefit.)

The tumbleweeds aren't because we don't care. Or at least, I care. Most of my guild cares. 

Keep in mind that we lost 50-70 people who primarily played WvW when KOGS left. We lost people who must not have had jobs or responsibilities because they played 12 hours or more a day.

If I'm not in WvW, it's probably because I work 40+ hours/week on top of running a guild, maintaining a relationship with a breathing human female, spending time with my family, and watching football. 

If my guild's not in WvW, it's probably because they're all running Labyrinth. While I can (and do) encourage them to join up for WvW, I can't force them. I can't make them leave the loot fest and spend all day defending towers. 

I hope to see you guys out there this week. Probably not tonight, as Monday is our Guild Mission night, but later in the week.

Edit: just weapons/traits but theorycrafting that Mesmer build for fun http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAsclsnpUt1oxVNUrNCrxg6xqKMSmQAlMkrB

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 08:47:22

---

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 08:49 AM

I main guard, not played with spirit weapons so was curious as to how it plays :)

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 09:03 AM

There has been multiple times this weekend where i was commanding and begging for help from our larger "fun" groups. All i got was ignored. Not even a whisper. It wasn't just one time either, Im not even the only one that got that impression out of the people following me. MEGA has done what they can and you  guys help out and communicate. but when we have a large "fun"  group on the map and they don't care about their other groups on the server out there then that's kinda low and makes me feel like your saying screw you.  Is that also an idea of fun? Fun being your our zerg taking all this glory and watching as our Eb group gets backed into a corner? I don't find that fun at all. Well guess what we held on but it was FAR from easy we had what one tower left? Just slap me in the face next time, at least tell me in a whisper that you don't wanna help. 

You guys just don't get it. you are talking about you guys having fun but what about the rest of us? have you even considered our feelings? Do you honestly even care? i'm personally hurt by this.

(karaoke this has nothing to do with MEGA whatsoever) you guys have done what you can :) 

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 09:05:19

By:

Commander kingxcon.5607
   Member of WarFreak

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 09:17 AM

It is not in our hand anymore. The faith of our server is base on the WvW Guilds that will join us. Yes we have few alive in this server but you cannot do it alone. All have done enough and stop stressing about Improvements. With [iQ] and [kogs] left the server. We are what we are right now.

SOR are more Community than WvW/PvP. So Relax, dont be ashame and accept the Reality. Stop trying hard and stressing about WvW. It is not your weight to carry anymore. Just be patience and wait/hope that Guilds will come to help our server it come's to wvw. Go with the flow.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 09:22 AM

"Be patient, wait/hope that guilds will come to help our server/go with the flow" is advice I can take. I'm working on my second Legendary, for example, and I've got a lot of gold to grind. My guild members want to do more dungeons and Fractals, so I've got to keep training them. Living Story is about to start, so I'll have new content semi-regularly.

But guess what? Some people play this game primarily for World vs World.

They don't take time off to play other content. WvW is their content. It's mind-boggling to me that so many people have this attitude of "just have fun" and can't connect the dots to see that it's not fun to be left all alone in WvW.

Furthermore, guilds don't want to come to a losing server. If we don't band together, show some spirit, and start winning, we will never get transfers in. I agree that community is important, that's why I'm not abandoning my friends.

---

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 09:24 AM

Yes as one who was following, I can safely say it happened.  In fact there has only been one commander from the "fun groups" to ask, what we needed help with and how he could help, that was last week.  I haven't seen him since so I suppose he got bombed for wanting to help those "dirty wvw people" since I've not seen him around.

Understand that people are angry, not because you won't do it our way but because you won't even include yourselves in the community.  But if you aren't going to help at all just come out and say it instead of pussyfooting around and ignoring people or is that what we are only for fun translates to?

Mega you guys help where you can and it is appreciated.

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 09:24:56

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 09:27:53

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 09:32:12

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 10:23 AM

I feel that the only people that care out on SoR any more are VEX, FIRE, and MEGA.  Probably BOMB (another small recent transfer), but I do not think they are on this website yet.

That is sad.  Between BOMB and VEX, primary WvW guilds, they are about 15-20 actives on at a time.  FIRE and MEGA are PvX, and when we raid, we bring another 20-25 collectively.

A server cannot run on 35-45 people that care. In T1, that is not even a real group.  EG fairweathered the heck out of WvW after week 1 of Season 1.  Fionn told me personally last week that he told his guild to NOT PARTICIPATE FOR THE REST OF THE TOURNAMENT as a guild. Some community support.  RA merged with Rome to make Roma.  Now, Roma ceases to exist.  Bowtiger and other former RA are on Dragonbrand now. KOGS left for IoJ.  FIRE lost 4 members to IoJ now.  We are bleeding members.  VEX is bleeding members.  GSCH is bleeding members.  GSCH won't even collaborate as a team player.  They don't play the exclusive card.  They don't play the inclusive card.  They play the RECLUSIVE card. SIN, MCG, FX, and other casual PvX guilds do show up...on occasion.  But without other major players out there, why should they?  FIRE and VEX are raiding on our off-days trying to put SOMETHING on the points board for SoR.

I appreciate everyone that worked hard before.  I busted my butt for SoR.  In fact, I can honestly say that for WvW, I am hesitant to think there is anyone else that cared more than I did.  To a fault.  But I have been disillusioned.  After hearing that even GSCH refused to support my brother last night as he was calling out for support, and GSCH was running a 40+ man blob, it was the last straw.  The last straw. When we cannot count on the group that has self-identified themselves as the cornerstone pillar of the SoR community to actually be a team player, it is a sign that greener pastures elsewhere are on the docket,

I have started discussions within FIRE about a server transfer. SoR is done.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506
   Site Admin of Gaiscioch na Rall

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 10:32 AM

@Sekkerhund.3790,

Please remember that every single person has a different idea of fun. For some it's just hanging out and having a good laugh, for others it's breaking down the min/max minigame, for others it's being on top. The thing that hurts us more than anything is assuming that everyone plays the game the same way. We need to be understanding of each others playstyle and understand what might be fun for you might not be fun for others. Instead I would suggest that we all do what we're best at.

@Sanctum of Rall

I will be speaking with all of my commanders this weekend and will brief them on what needs to be done once again. I'm sorry if GSCH commanders haven't been responsive in TS, I will make sure they all have it setup and use it regularly. I have also started playing with music broadcasting in TS to see if I can emulate what we do in RC on TS without killing latency. The question I have for you is:

Are you ok with me creating a channel during my events up top where people not from our server can logon and join. This has been one of the major reasons my events are in RaidCall. My events start in PvE and migrate to WvW after the first hour. I find my numbers in WvW are far greater when I do that. I end up with 40-50 people instead of 20. The downside is I promote our RaidCall channel to the general public. Now I know in the past the TS server has been off limits to promoting wide to everyone. That said if you want my events in TS I will have to. Are you ok with me promoting our TeamSpeak information in zone chats outside of WvW?

Benjamin Foghladha
Community Manager, SanctumofRall.com
Founder and Activities Director, The Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 10:37 AM

FIRE has non-SoR members in its guild that regularly use our TS.  We just make sure to not verify them, because the purpose of the verification is to show they are on SoR. But, I would doublecheck with Scrripko on that.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 10:44 AM

@Xivor:

I appreciate everyone that worked hard before.  I busted my butt for SoR.  In fact, I can honestly say that for WvW, I am hesitant to think there is anyone else that cared more than I did.  To a fault.  But I have been disillusioned.  After hearing that even GSCH refused to support my brother last night as he was calling out for support, and GSCH was running a 40+ man blob, it was the last straw.  The last straw. When we cannot count on the group that has self-identified themselves as the cornerstone pillar of the SoR community to actually be a team player, it is a sign that greener pastures elsewhere are on the docket,

When was this and who was commanding? I drop everything I'm doing if I get a call for help. The other night during extra life I got a call to help in EB and I went. I stayed up until hills on SOR BL fell (which was fully upgraded) and realized we had nobody on SOR BL. I pulled my forces there and got Hills upgraded again. Once we had it under control I spent the rest of my night beating up the force that plagued EB. We took over their entire map downgrading 2 fully upgraded keeps and blueing the thing out trying to draw their forces off EB so our guys could make headway which they did. They took stonemist. If I have a commander that isn't responding to calls for help let me know so I can talk with them. 

Lastly: I don't think going blades in on other guilds is going to make them want to play with you. I don't know why you had such a sudden personality change, we've gotten along for over a year. Now your outright attacking me and my community. What's the deal?

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 10:46 AM

@Xivor: 

FIRE has non-SoR members in its guild that regularly use our TS.  We just make sure to not verify them, because the purpose of the verification is to show they are on SoR. But, I would doublecheck with Scrripko on that.

Are the main WvW channels locked down so non-verified can't enter? I don't mind the other servers listening into my events, hell I livestream without delay while i'm leading them.I actually hope they listen in so we might show them life on SOR and they might be inclined to transfer. But I don't want them listening in on the main WvW events. I just don't want to flood the TS server with people not on SOR if thats not something you guys are ok with. 

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 10:47:34

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 11:07 AM

Sadly, think it's too little too late, Fog. But yes, non-SoR members are welcome on our Teamspeak. The WvW channels do not automatically lock out non-verified members, but we're usually keeping an eye on them and have them verify or kick.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 11:14 AM

Fog, I had a lot of stuff built up inside of me that I kept inside because of the position I held.  I kept my opinions to myself.  I said nothing; all I did was play the happy-go-lucky middle man.  It finally ate me alive.  These are things that bugged me for a year with GSCH.  I mentioned it to you before...less forcefully of course.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 01:12 PM

@Xivor: 

After hearing that even GSCH refused to support my brother last night as he was calling out for support, and GSCH was running a 40+ man blob, it was the last straw.

I am really curious to this. I don't have ANY WvW events at all logged yesterday. 

That's our previous events. Additionally we haven't had 40 GSCH on the field in a LONG time. At most we have 25 GSCH at our major event thursday, the rest are SOR when we go out and about. If your brothers talking about my event on the 25th then I did come to help EB until SOR started getting zerged by FC. YOU always said that SOR BL is first and foremost priority. If i neglected that and we lost all 3 fully upgraded keeps you would never let me live that down either. We never lost our home keep during the event on EB and in fact we took stonemist which was upgraded later in the night. 

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 01:35 PM

My bad fog Its was 25th and we called but you dont respond...theres no communication at all between the groups. i communicate with everyone on the server when im out there so we know whats going on.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 01:37 PM

I misheard what my brother said.  My apologies.  He told me "this weekend", not "last night".  And I think he was talking about your raid.

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 01:39 PM

My post said this weekend not last night

By:

Commander Tanza.8436

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 08:06 PM

Hey Xivor, 

I would probably take off the Proud Original SoR member off your signature if you are wanting to transfer. My humble opinion. 

Thanks, 

Tanza

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 08:27 PM

Our guild has not decided if we are transferring as of yet.  Just brought it up in a guild meeting tonight and just started discussions tonight.  But, point noted.  Not very proud of this serve community after all.

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 08:28 PM

Protien, you were with me in the lord room of stonemist. How exactly did I not respond yet breach a tier 3 stonemist while you took the tower you were fighting on when we arrived. I gave you a diversion so you could take it and we almost landed stonemist. While we sieged it we lost tier 3 sor hills. We pulled off eb as soon as we saw hills flip and they were on bay.

If you think I'm lying go to http://www.twitch.tv/thegaisciochfamily

Pay close attention to the map at the end of the night. We did what we had to do to help eb.

Here's the point tick history

Saturday October 25th, 2014
TimeGreen
Score
Blue
Score
Red
Score
Supply CampsTowersKeepsPTSSupply CampsTowersKeepsPTSSupply CampsTowersKeepsPTSSupply CampsTowersKeepsCastlesPTSTotal
11:59PM PDT 36,912 33,407 40,425 3 - - 15 7 4 3 150 2 2 2 80 2 5 1 - 85 330
11:44PM PDT 36,596 32,984 40,160 - - - - 6 4 3 145 2 1 1 45 1 6 1 - 90 280
11:29PM PDT 36,365 32,606 39,855 4 2 - 40 4 4 3 135 1 - - 5 1 6 2 - 115 295
11:14PM PDT 36,032 32,282 39,585 - - - - 4 4 3 135 3 1 1 50 2 6 1 - 95 280
10:59PM PDT 35,652 31,960 39,345 1 - - 5 1 4 3 120 1 - 1 30 3 4 1 - 80 235
10:44PM PDT 35,267 31,602 39,111 - - - - 4 4 3 135 4 2 - 40 2 4 1 - 75 250
10:29PM PDT 34,858 31,299 38,910 2 - - 10 2 2 3 105 5 - 1 50 1 4 1 - 70 235
10:14PM PDT 34,430 30,960 38,704 1 - - 5 3 4 3 130 4 1 1 55 1 3 1 - 60 250

I got the call out at 10 pm the moment we stepped on the field from missing. we got the call of a large force hitting hills as we hit the inner gate of SM. I sent a skelleton defense group over before the inner door fell and sent everyone after our NE tower fell and they were forming up to hit SOR Gar. We had all 3 keeps waypointed before we signed off for the night and managed to downgrade all of FC's keeps. We also kept green busy by taking their south half as often as we could. Eb went from 60 ppt to 115 ppt while we pushed fc hard on their bl. Judge all you want data doesn't lie.

My WvW Event Record on Gaiscioch.com:
http://www.gaiscioch.com/event/219549/

Here's what happened:

Watch live video from TheGaisciochFamily on Twitch

Full Night's Event: http://www.twitch.tv/thegaisciochfamily/c/5383351

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 21:49:25

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 21:51:07

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 21:54:05

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 21:56:42

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 09:36 PM

I was with Protein when you guys were in SM.  We saw you shout in map chat "HOME BL HILLS UNDER ATTACK" we responded to it/had scouts in our TS channel also.  It was perfectly clear. I EVEN WHISPERED YOU AND SAID IT WAS CLEAR.  We were all scratching our heads at what you were talking about.  We then went back to EB to see you on North Inner of SM and poof you disappeared.  To add we were never in lords room with you we went to another inner gate but as I stated above we saw you call out Hills in map chat.

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 21:38:33

Council Master of VEX
I didn't choose the VEX life, the VEX life chose me
User submitted image

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/27/2014 at 10:23 PM

Being everyone else is getting things off their chest, how bout I do as well.

When Sanctum of Rall launched Gaiscioch had 1,600 active members. We enjoyed some awesome WvW the first couple months then TW transferred to SOR and declared they were going to drag SOR to T1 even if it was kicking and screaming. Being Gaiscioch was mostly casual gamers, a lot of which are retirees, we were asked to stay off the field until thursday so that we would have a fighting chance of improving. Gaiscioch put their best foot forward and did so. 

Then Season One happened. When things didn't go as planned TW, Choo and Fear got into it because threatened to leave if we didn't sandbag, the other threatened to leave if we did. So FEAR left SOR because we wouldn't sandbag out of T1. Then Because we were losing TW and Choo left also. Their Reason? Because it was GSCH's fault. Yes you heard it right. On their version of the SOR site they specifically blamed us for all the problems there were with SOR. We only came out to play Thursday Nights 6-9 PM! Yet we were the reason why we lost?

Then we sank into Tier 2 where Javachips tried to helm the WvW crew. We all knew we were locked into the wrong tier but that didn't stop people from pointing fingers. Once again GSCH was blamed for a mass exodus and Javachips left as well.

Then Xivor took on the helm and brought some really great ideas and leadership to the table. Season three happened and we didn't do as well as we hoped. What happened you guessed it we all turned on one another and guess who's to blame? Yup Gaiscioch.

Right about now I feel a lot like Canada. You want to know why we are reserved. Because since this server launched every time something doesn't go their way we end up getting blamed. 

I don't know how else to say this.

Gaiscioch is a Casual Gaming Community. We're lucky to have 40 people on at any given time. Many of us play 3 hours twice a week. We are not pro gamers, we do not play for 20+ hours a week, we never claimed to be elite. Our ranks are filled with senior citizens and people who have a hard enough time figuring out how to build a ram let alone knowing what a blast finisher is. We have never claimed to be something we're not. We are doing our best here but whenever something goes wrong you point your finger at us.Why is it you judge us on a whole different bar than everyone else? What about the guilds on SOR that you've never even heard of? Where are they on TS? You don't gripe at them. Instead you attack us for Trying. 

GAISCIOCH is not going to be a major force in WvW. We will try when we are available but we will never be an Elite WvW force to be reckoned with. We do our best with what we got. Casting all this hate at us anytime something goes wrong does make most of our members want nothing to do with the rest of this server. It puts a very sour taste in people's mouth. Hell how do you think it made us feel to know we sat out of WvW for the majority of the week so that our elites can play only to have our loss blamed on us? Same thing after season 2. Same thing now after season 3.

To me it sounds like you need someone to blame to justify you wanting to leave the server.

I have an forever will be loyal to sanctum of rall. I have and I forever will love sanctum of rall. I have and forever will give my all to Sanctum of Rall. Please I ask that you leave us be and let us enjoy this server and Guild Wars 2. If you're unhappy hear go. Find your happiness. Stop blaming a guild that can barely get 25 into WvW for everything that goes wrong. 

I mean really, do you guys seriously blame a guild that fields at most 25 of their own, where the majority of the 25 are complete novices, as the one reason why Sanctum of Rall lost? Why? Because our 25 people for a few nights a week weren't in teamspeak? Your argument is stating that because 25 people didn't log in twice a week our server lost. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Simply Put. Gaiscioch is here to have fun, We're here to help people along, We're here to show people a good time and make sure they go home happy. We can't please everyone. We're here to stay. I'm sorry if you guys feel the need to blame us, and I'm sorry we haven't lived up to your expectations but we simply aren't "That Guild" you think we are. 

» Edited on: 2014-10-27 22:32:23

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander mishi.7058
   Member of Ethereal Serenity

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:01 AM

As someone who has been on SOR a very long time, took a break and still returned to GW2 and was WvW'ing on SOR.
(Long post read the ending area for more of the point lol.)

SOR has always had a void between guilds except for a few times prior to tournaments. At 1 point GSCH and all guilds like CDS, TW, TWL, LUN, STOP, ect... All used to use TS3 during WvW. In fact this was even Prior to CHOO and FEAR's creations. True GSCH didn't have everyone on TS, but there was Always a rep on TS if not 10 or so members. Guilds organized who went to which map, they didn't really recruit from one another for WvW, defended for one another, ect... SOR had teamwork, and community, yes it was a pain of 6-8 months from the end of beta to get all to coordinate. (Fights over central coms, forums, everything.) However fights ended for a good while and things were nice.

Now some guilds came, and others were created or died off. (CHOO and FEAR were created.) FEAR I remember being taught tactics by CDS even. Choo loved to run over the opposition, however a while after those guilds were created, and with mass influxes of guilds PUGS started being trashed, and people started trashing one another again. (Not 1 guild, or 1 person, however it became a normal thing.) Which trashing never should have. In fact I remember a time where we would bounty anyone glitching, hacking, exploiting, and where we would nix anyone trashing one another. (or try.)

The community split due to the toxicity, and the server fell from the former glory it was. Things happen, most servers stumble at some point. (The stumble was after I had taken a break due to playing 20 hours a day in WvW only for over a year, I got burnt out and do not know all the reasons why the wvw community fell so hard.)

I returned this past summer. Yes SOR had been dropped down in tiers. Yes SOR had lost a lot of guilds. However SOR was rebuilding. Yes people were saying SOR WVW was dead, however I did notice the opposite. I noticed many trying to regroup, and get SOR rolling on WVW. (Even got some former Rallians to rejoin SOR who had been on SOR prior to 1st place even, and left due to toxicity after a while.)

I also noticed some bad things. SOR server meetings went from useful, informative, friendly to Blaming one another. Some with their ego's taking anything as something  said in general , as personal attacks against their guilds. Now as bad as it may sound I went to many meetings where even myself, I wanted to scream at some of the guild leads/officers who took anything said in general as personal attacks against their guilds. (I tried to end it a few meetings by staying neutral, and pointing out a persons comment wasn't a personal attack against a specific player/guild however I was also quickly told to shut up, or spoke over and ignored by those taking things personally, after a while of it I stayed silent.) I watched as those guilds boasted their contribution, and put down others as if they had little they did in WvW. I saw people listening but not trying to stop the toxicity (Yet would complain behind closed doors like their guild channels, guild chats, ect.)

Guilds stopped going to the meetings for the server. (Other then to say where they were going, and maybe for a few minutes after.)

I heard guilds trashing one another or trashing players again. I heard "kitten scrubs", "xx pugs", "xxx guild is -whatever-", ect... It was again like the toxicity had fallen over the community again. It's not 1 person's fault, nor is it the fault of any of the people who were stepping up to lead the community alone. It was the fault of everyone. (Even myself.) The fault on toxicity lies on all who say nothing or do nothing when a player, guild, group starts being toxic. (Joking is 1 thing, constantly saying things seriously is another.)

Another thing is guilds using central voice comms during WvW/Defending home BL. I will be blunt here. I understand why guilds use their own channels, but I find it counter productive. 1st the excuse of not wanting to talk over another, is the reason why there are MULTIPLE wvw channels(And the option for more to be created.). Now as someone who talked to many about coming in TS, when you get new people into TS for WvW. The first thing they look for in people in the public WvW channels. However guilds and players stopped using those during non guild raid times, and the new TS members wouldn't see people therefore they would log back off of TS.  It's also similar to defending home BL during WvW. Newer payers to WvW, and those who log casually, will look to our PPT, as well as the HOME BL(even EBG.) to see how we are doing. Many since summer when I returned weren't focused on helping home BL, and I heard many times in TS from many of the so called WvW guilds that they wanted fights, yet few would respond to defend home BL if they were pushing on another map. (Even if it was T3 home BL.) Those actions when someone logs into wvw and just presses M to see what we own in our BL have a negative effect. I know many dont think home BL is as important as others, however home BL for many who join WvW for the 1st time is the first place they go. (I've ran into many nice PvX'ers who were trying wvw for the first time in home BL.)

As for those saying that some of the WvW'ers in this thread should play for fun. What some do not realize is SOR still does have die hard WVW'ers who's idea of fun is not logging in or returning from a  15 minute break to see their hard work from hours of defending/sieging being lost. I know it annoyed many that they would go to make lunch, dinner, and return to see and entire T3 keep flipped, due to lack of others responding to defend. (Yes on occasion things get rushed but on multiple occasions when you would be able to see 30+ on a map pushing xxx server while they got asked to help defend a keep which people put hours into defending/sieging/upgrading, it does get a  bit demoralizing when those supposed to support one another and "help" refuses to "help".)

I understand some play casual, and some more then casual. Which is great for a server. I understand being new, and being seasoned in wvw. I even though trainings were a great idea for new players to wvw. I loved how some trainings helped people learn. I do think there is less of a difference between the WvW'er and PvX'ers then people believe. Same for the occasional players vs the every day 15hour players.  All can help, or hurt. All can learn and should never stop learning. Some PVE players could also teach WVW'ers, and vice versa. The void between the two, as well as casual vs hardcore is what really needs broken. I've talked to many other servers in higher ties and they don't even have those voids. All the casuals aren't referred to as such, nor do they refer themselves as such. Same with hardcore. PVX'ers and WVW'ers work together and have the same say in ideas as one another. The voids on some servers between those don't exist, even in T2. Voids between guild vs PUGs in some servers higher the SOR also doesn't exist.

Maybe instead of:
Casual vs Hardcore
PvX/PvE vs WVW
Guilded vs PUGs

We should try to to have the voids between broken down? Maybe try to include more, and stop referring to ourselves and others as those listed? We all are RALLIANS and should be pulling together. Not pulling into 6 different categories, and saying we are a great community.

Just my 0.02.....though most of you probably don't know or even remember me so not sure if anything said will even be taken to heart. But hey, here's for trying. ^.^

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 02:10:06

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 03:19 AM

Fog, nowhere in this entire site will you see anyone blame GSCH for the failure of SoR.  This is a skewed perception you have.  There are MANY, MANY reasons why our community did not stay together, and GSCH not being immersed into this community fully is just one of them.  KOGS and its blobbing, lack of desire to defend, and the way they interacted with other guilds is another big reason.  The toxicity that came from RA, the lack of care from Peanut and Bowtiger and lack of desire to work together as a team is another.  EG backing out when push comes to shove and fair-weathering back to whatever hole they came from. The list goes on. There are more than just these. I am sure there are reasons caused by FIRE that contributed to the failure of our server community in WvW, too. Never once was there this exclusive reason why SoR did not work out in WvW that was caused by a single guild. And definitely no one blamed the ONLY guild that fielded a commander most weekdays during EU time and every weekday at prime time.  There is just discontent with your reclusiveness, and if it wasnt there, that could have HELPED.  But that was not the end-all for the success or lack of success of SoR as a server in WvW. It was just one of many reasons.  

Please stop taking everything on your shoulders.  GSCH has this thing about making themselves appear to be this great, beaten down entity, so they can boast about how they overcome such great opposition and adversity a few months down the road. There is no opposition.  Some people are disheartened by the lack of community that they feel that GSCH gave as ONE OF MANY REASONS why this community did not thrive beyond what it did. No one asked GSCH to be an elite WvW force.  They only asked for teamwork.  Communication. Cohesion amongst everyone on SoR.  Not reclusiveness. But again, I will reiterate: this is one of MANY reasons why this community fell apart.  Not the sole reason.  GSCH is NOT being blamed solely for this.  In fact, very little falls on GSCH.  But I think GSCH could have helped in the teamwork, community, and cohesion factor a little bit more.

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 04:37:08

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 04:38:40

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 06:08 AM

All I ever wanted for GSCH was for you guys to use Teamspeak instead of Raidcall when in WvW (even if it's just a couple hours twice a week) so we could talk to you guys directly and coordinate. Fog, all you needed to do was encourage (NOT REQUIRE) your people to be on TS when playing WvW.

The reason this upsets me so much is because IT IS SO EASY.

GSCH is not the reason our WvW fell from T1 to T7. But for all you pretend to be casual part-timers, you've got people who are out there three, four, ten times as many hours as I am. You've got some serious WvW players in your guild, Fog, maybe you just don't know that? Granted, many of them have transferred off the server, but a handful still remain.

I don't know if my guild will be leaving the server along with all the others. I'm giving everybody a week to think it over. But we want to be a part of a WvW community. If we stay on SoR, it looks like we'll be the entirety of the community.

You're downplaying your 40 online at a time? We have 10. 15 on a good day. You have more people than I could even dream of having.

And the real irony here? The person saying the most negative things about GSCH, that they're not good enough, that they don't play enough, etc. isn't Xivor, it's Fog. 

---

By:

Commander souldonkey.9534
   Member of Ascalonian Ghostbusters

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 08:20 AM

I'd really hate to see these big players in WvW leave. At the beginning of this tourney, and shourtly before that, I got the feeling that we were actually starting to rebuild, to come together as a server and fix the issues we had. Guess the same bickering and whining still exists, though. Fog, Karoke's right, 40 is not a small WvW force. Maybe you're still in T1 mindset where having 40 from your guild in WvW might have been considered a small/medium force back then, that's not the case anymore on this server. Hell, I'm jealous of Karoke's 10-15, lol. I go into WvW with anywhere from 1 to MAYBE 10 at a time from my guild, and that's 1 to 3 times a week. You wanna talk casual, that's casual. I agree with Mishi, though, we shouldn't be putting labels on anyone anyway. Casual, hardcore, PvX, WvW, who gives a kitten? We are all Rallians, we all play the same game and fight for the same server.

If some guilds need to leave SoR to find a better WvW community then honestly, that's a big kittening problem. I don't know what the issue is, if we take WvW too seriously on this server or not seriously enough. At the end of the day, it's a video game. We're fighting a war in a digital world, and that war resets every week. No one should ever have to do what Xivor did, and sacrifice RL time with friends/family for a kitten video game. No one should be so up in arms about this VIDEO GAME that they start hurling insults at other human beings over it. I wasn't there in TS during the meeting where everything went to kitten. Hell, I've not been there for any meetings. I'd love to join, I really would, but they start way too early for me to be able to make it unfortunately. But, from what I heard, it was a kitten storm of insults and infighting. This, to me, is ridiculous.

Yes, we didn't perform during the tournament. Yes, there were issues that led to us not winning. But you know what? It's still a mother kittening GAME. It's meant to be fun, so make it fun. If we lose, I know that's not fun, but don't take it out on people by placing blame or throwing insults. I'll be on this server until they shut it down, and so will ECTO. I know that means very little in the grand scheme of things because we contribute so little in WvW, but it has to be said anyway. That's what true loyalty is. If you're a Raiders fan this season you understand what I mean. Loyalty is not jumping ship when you see issues, it is not throwing in the towel because others are throwing in the towel. It's sticking with your team through the good and the bad.

Now, if you want to leave because you want to be in a higher tier, that's another story. By all means, go for it and best of luck. Don't leave the server because of a few bad eggs. If people/guilds are being toxic on the server, put them on /ignore and move on. Eventually they'll get fed up that no one helps them and that we're in Tier X and they'll leave, all the better for us. This childish finger pointing and bickering is ridiculous and needs to stop. It's a game, and we're the team. No team wins when they can't play WITH each other.

As for the TS issue, Karoke's right, it's SO EASY to do. You don't even have to talk, just join and listen. Every time I'm in TS, I have literally never gotten a single complaint from anyone that all I do is listen. I use /m or /t when I need to say something, or I whisper specific commanders. No one has ever taken issue with that. I join my guild's personal TS server, and in a separate tab on TS I join the SoR server. On my server, my mic is active so that I can chat and BS with my guildies without disrupting comms on SoR's TS. On the SoR TS tab, my mic is disabled and my volume is just a hair lower than my personal TS server. This way, I can hear everything being said in server comms and can also hear my friends, but I can only be heard by my guild. It's not hard to have two voice clients or 2 tabs in one client open at the same time. When it comes to TS, LISTENING is more important than SPEAKING. As long as you can keep one ear on the battle comms, that's all it takes. Obviously if you're commanding or leading a group of Rallians you should be speaking, but in that case you most definitely SHOULD be in SoR's TS. You're leading Rallians, be in the Rallian's VoIP channel.

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 08:21:23

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 08:25:30

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 08:44 AM

FIRE has decided to leave SoR. And, for the record, this has nothing to do with losing in the tournament. This has nothing to do with any single guild or player. In fact, I once said that the day I left SoR is the day I quit GW2. I lived and bled SoR. I loved this server. I loved what we stood for. 

But, FIRE is not happy. SOR is dead. There is no one out there. There is no community left, outside a couple tiny guilds and FIRE. GSCH is only hanging in the community by a thread.  It's too late to change heart now, GSCH. We are bleeding players. FIRE has lost 5 WvW players to another server now. GSCH won't admit it but they are bleeding players, too. We already lost our large WvW forces. EG won't WvW. 

SOR is dead and FIRE wants a thriving community. Not a dead one. We want to play with, work together with, and fellowship with others on a friendly level. We want teamwork. We want cohesion. There is nothing left on SoR to get that from. So, we are leaving to find that community, even if it is a server that doesn't win every week.  We don't want to go out there the 3-4 times we raid and find that the only time someone has capped anything that day in EB is when our raid started. We need people to actually do WvW. Frankly, it's VEX, FIRE, MEGA, BOMB mostly left. And FIRE fields the most put of us at around 15.

We are not happy. We want community. We got a graveyard. 

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 08:45:56

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 09:31 AM

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 09:32:28

- Charlie -
Guild Leader of Ascalonian Ghostbusters [ECTO] - an original SoR Guild - www.ectoguild.com
Current 80s - Arms Murphy (W)| Pumpsandabump (G)| Nicolas Rayge (R)| Karysta Raine (M)| Eiryn Blak (El)| Alexa Stoutcheste (T)| Billy The Kit (En)| Niteris (N)

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 09:50 AM

"Now, if you want to leave because you want to be in a higher tier, that's another story. By all means, go for it and best of luck. Don't leave the server because of a few bad eggs. If people/guilds are being toxic on the server, put them on /ignore and move on. Eventually they'll get fed up that no one helps them and that we're in Tier X and they'll leave, all the better for us. This childish finger pointing and bickering is ridiculous and needs to stop. It's a game, and we're the team. No team wins when they can't play WITH each other."

So what determines the few bad eggs?  Is it the people who primarily play wvw and have a small voice in the community that come out every day?  The ones who have asked time and time again for us to come together and work as a team?  or is it the people who are almost never if ever are in wvw yet speak for the community at large?  or the ones that play casually that just want to have fun?  Really what the issue boils down to is that SoR has spurned its WvW community.  I have heard it time and time again in the ts, in the WvW meetings.  The very first server meeting I attended on this server was the one where the most recent "big blow" up happened.  Priority speaker was turned on after an announcement was made to abandon our bl and for everyone to go to GOM bl.  All objectors were told to shut up and basically tow the party line, because we don't care we are going to have fun.  I can say for me, as a WvW player I feel I should have a voice in the community because it is a game mode I play primarily.   As a WvW player I don't feel welcome here and I'm sure I'm not the only one, as is evidenced by the players we bleed everyday.  But then again, I guess that makes me the bad egg.

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 09:51:37

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 09:55:24

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 09:58:15

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:01 AM

^This.  Exactly.  That was the last straw for me as a War Council member. I was sick and I couldn't focus on the meeting enough to lead it, but that day cut the cake for me as a server leader. 

A community should be for all to have a voice, but do is with respect to one another.  This is how I strived to maneuver SoR towards.  It was a very effortful challenge, one that I failed in. Obviously, things just went downhill from there. In the absence of community, I have decided to NOT try to make a community happen once again, but move elsewhere to find one that already exists so that our guild can THRIVE instead of just complacently maintain in the absence of community large. 

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:03 AM

The bad eggs I'm referring to are anyone that's an kitten and treats others with disrespect. I don't care how you play the game, but if you tell people to "shut up" then you're the bad egg. If you insult others over how they spend their time playing their recreational video game, you're the bad egg. I'm not saying people that want to have fun and don't follow orders are bad eggs, nor are people who play differently than me. The ones that are the issue are the ones that insult others and tell people to shut up just because they (the bad eggs) want to be heard. This isn't kittening high school...

"Priority speaker was turned on after an announcement was made to abandon our bl and for everyone to go to GOM bl.  All objectors were told to shut up and basically tow the party line, because we don't care we are going to have fun."

That's exactly the problem I was referring to when I said there are bad eggs. Screw anyone that tells me to "shut up" and follow them just because they think their nuts are bigger than mine. As you said, everyone should have a voice. I never said otherwise. In fact, all I've ever said is everyone should have a voice. That voice just should be used for insults or to tell others to "shut up".

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 10:08:32

- Charlie -

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:13 AM

While I certainly don't think Nex handled it well, I'm sure we can all sympathize with the desire to scream at Bowtiger to shut up. ;-)

---

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:21 AM

I'm sorry nobody should ever tell anyone to shut up. Ask nicely and respectfully. On top of that at our server meeting? It's freaking Friday before reset? What the hell does a keep mater 15 minutes before reset. Sorry but someone deserves a timeout. I never got the full story about that meeting. I was on a flight back from Atlanta at the time and when I landed I saw the fallout and got bits and pieces. I can see why Xivor was so upsset. Totally agree.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:28 AM

No Fog it was for the new reset.  We were to abandon our bl for the whole night of reset to play in GoM bl since it was a good chance we would get them on the next match up.  Who abandons their bl on reset?  Anyway I needed to get that off my chest it has been bothering me very much since it happened, but I was still trying to look on the bright side of things.  Stay positive and do what I do, but really that only goes so far for so long when you are one of the few out and about.

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:32 AM

Nex has done things like that multiple times, but not to that extreme.  From that shut up comment, everything went sour.  Even though I disagreed with Nex's idea, I feel there was a certain way to express the discontent.  The overall responses were not much better than Nex's initial rudeness.  It just went back and forth. On top of that, KOGS refused to participate in the meeting.  That was the 2nd time I believe in a row. It wasn't soon after when they were gone.  That meeting set things into motion for the ultimate super-decline of SoR, but things were already declining starting with week 2 of the tournament.

By:

Kenlar.9745
   Member of Extreme Agony

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:41 AM

Once upon a time there were "toxic" WvW elite players; they transferred off the server (season 1). Ever since the end of Season 1 we have been spiraling downwards, losing players, constantly going back over the same issues.

Now for some opinion:

IT IS NOT CURRENTLY POSSIBLE TO HAVE A THRIVING WVW ORIENTED COMMUNITY DUE TO REASON X/Y/Z (BLAME ANET). There I said it. Its not "us". If you have seen the official forums they have even recognized that there is a population/coverage issue on most lower tier servers. Look at Blackgate, the undisputed "champions" of WvW. They have a player turnover so high they have to finance the entire operation from some "war chest" just to stay on top. In order for their cycle to work it has to pull from lower servers. This is a frustrating time. What is needed is a voice of reason.

It saddens me to see such infighting among grown adults, let alone on SoR. This is a video game. Yes there is a poison in WvW but it is not inclusive to this server. This is affecting all servers. Over time they ebb and flow with player participation. Some people get burnt out and can't handle the stress (again I say - this is a video game). I love being competitive. I love winning. I enjoy being able to hop in WvW by myslef, find a tag, hop on TS and join the fight. Right now, SoR as a WvW community is having issues with this.

Unfortunately by act of posting this I do seperate myself from the regular Rallians and become part of the vocal minority. I have read these forums for 2 years, the WvW.net forums, the official forums and Reddit - This issue is being faced by all servers in some degree. SoR has it harder than most right NOW. That does not mean that now is the time to transfer to another server, to escape. Now is the time to buckle down, make some charts, reign in these silly meetings and get the show on the road. I understand Karaoke has some suggestions in another thread via Youtube. 

FIRE/Xivor: i gotta give ya props - you led SoR through some tough times, its ok to take a break: but server hopping? IDK if thats necessary really. 

edit: i should just delete this it is apparently all sorts of mean things in one. i did not mean to call anyone a coward. please if you are not happy here go play another game, go outside, server transfer whatever the fuck you want. 

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 12:47:57

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:45 AM

Perhaps I can explain the thought process for leaving the server.

1. My guild enjoys competitive WvW
  2. SoR is not currently competitive in WvW
  3. To become competitive in WvW, we need more players
  4. The players who are available and not playing WvW are in large PvE guilds
  5. The large PvE guilds do not seem interested in moving into semi-organized WvW
  6. There are no players available
  7. SoR will not be competitive
  8. The only way to continue enjoying competitive WvW is to transfer

You can nitpick at many of these points, but can you really say this line of thought is wrong?

---

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:55 AM

If FIRE is losing members because of how dead SoR is. Im sorry Kenlar then yes a server hop is necessary. No one to recruit?No rallians out there? Kind of hard to thrive in a graveyard.  Xivor has put in more than enough time to rebuild SoR and I'm sorry to say it NEX pretty much has destroyed that.  Ever sense I came to SoR he has just been a kitten in every server meeting.  Because of him SoR has this "Toxic Community" jumping down everyone's throat when they have something to say.  Flipping priority speaker on himself time and time again. Telling people to shut the F up and this is how its done.  I'm sorry but if any other guild is going to grow they need to leave this graveyard.

Council Master of VEX
User submitted image

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:57 AM

You do a lot of things Kenlar, but standing alone isn't one of them. I'm with you 100% and agree wholeheartedly with what you said.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 10:59 AM

How was Nex even allowed to remain on TS with an attitude like that? IMO he should have been removed.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Kenlar.9745
   Member of Extreme Agony

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:01 AM

and you understand that leaving the server as many others before have only makes it worse? this is a cyclical thing, it needs to be broken. stand up, stay, fight for something. is quitting really the right answer? you would rather be a merc in someone elses army than stand up here? Just because a guild server transfers does not a clean slate make. The "old elitist WvW" guilds that left in T1 are still known and called out as ex-SoR. not as a badge of pride mind you. If that is the best thing for your players in your guilds to have fun then do it, I merely ask that you be sure you're making the decision for the appropriate reasons.

edit: i should just delete this it is apparently all sorts of mean things in one. i did not mean to call anyone a coward. please if you are not happy here go play another game, go outside, server transfer whatever the fuck you want. 

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 12:45:55

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:07 AM

Fog, he is Sscripko's brother.  One of our server owners and admins. The co-GL of HALO with Sscripko.

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 11:07:59

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:09 AM

I'd happily respond, Kenlar.

"leaving the server as many others before have only makes it worse? this is a cyclical thing, it needs to be broken"

It makes it worse for you, yes. It certainly doesn't make it worse for my guild and I will ALWAYS put my guild ahead of my server. ALWAYS. I'll also put my community before my server, and that community is primarily FIRE and VEX, but also includes a bunch of other guilds that have mostly left.

"stand up, stay, fight for something"

I tried fighting. Then I was told to calm down because it's just a video game. Including by you, I believe.

" is quitting really the right answer?"

There is no right answer, just a bunch of bad ones. The right answer is the one in which we get to keep playing with our friends.

"you would rather be a merc in someone elses army than stand up here?"

Nobody has offered my guild money to transfer. In fact, because I'll be paying for myself, my girlfriend, and probably at least a few of my members to transfer, moving will cost me a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money. It's the opposite of being a mercenary.

"Just because a guild server transfers does not a clean slate make."

Luckily, my guild doesn't need a clean slate. We just don't want to lose all of our friends.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:14 AM

Kenlar.  Our guild stayed here when everyone else left once.  We recruited tons of players to this server.  I need two hands to count the members we recruited to our guild and had transferred to SoR. We already did that once.  We stepped up and tried to be a beacon of light in this community.  I put myself out there more than I should have.

But now, not only is the declined state of the server hurting the server, but it is hurting our guild.  This is something that is more important now.  I need to place the focus on the guild that we built up because the players as a group are unhappy.  We already did what you said and are tired out from it.  If people want to place a label on FIRE because left, then that is fine.  But we didn't leave because of some super-elitist better-than-thou-art attitude in WvW like DN, HIRE, TW, CHoo and the rest of them did.  We left because we as a guild wanted a strong WvW community and are tired out from trying to make it ourselves.  We are bleeding members, and want to stabilize. And we want to go do WvW with other people that want to work together.  The way SoR was during the summer in T6 is very much like how we want to do WvW. Organized, friendly, teamwork.

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 11:16:15

By:

Kenlar.9745
   Member of Extreme Agony

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:15 AM

I'm sorry - apparently all I am doing is stirring the pot more. I shall step out of the thread, close this browser and ignore the issues. I quite liked the little dog enjoying his coffee while the house burns down. If I wish to WvW there is always EotM, which is were most of SoR goes nowadays it seems to avoid things like this. 

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:17 AM

Instead of leaving why not remove the problems. It seems to me theres only a handful of bad apples. We take those out and we are on the road to recovery. 

We just need to realize "You can not control a server". You will never have 100% support in anything you do. Now I personally am making an effort to amend whatever bad blood there is between GSCH and the rest of SOR. A lot of people keep pointing at KOGS. Their gone people, they took parts of all of us with them. Right now we've had a lot of the friction elements leave. If you want a community all you need to do is make one. I guarantee you wherever you end up isn't going to be better. We will see this through. 

I won't deny Gaiscioch hasn't taken a hit over the past few months. Most of our best players went to JQ, a few just left with KOGS, and I'm certain if FIRE does transfer I'll probably lose some more. But thats ok. I don't rely on WvW to recruit new blood. GSCH is gaining 10 people a week. For every 1 we've lost we've found 2 new ones. We do this by mixing our PvE events with our WvW events and then livestreaming our activities. People from other servers see what we do after the cut and they decide to transfer here. I've had quite a few transfer to SOR because of our twice a week missions run. In november I'll be running rollover night as well late night with a Dragon Hunt / WvW combo. We were in the same boat of watching our numbers drop like a rock after we fell from T1, the only thing that turned that curve was mixing our WvW with our PvE. By Segwaying those events we've gotten a lot of people into Gaiscioch, onto SOR, and into WvW. That said I still DO NOT have 40 GSCH on a battlefield with me like a lot of people believe. If you want I can pull data and show you EXACTLY how many GSCH I had with me every night. Right now my MAX since August is 25. I'm not saying I don't have 40 people following my tag, all I'm saying is that only 25 of them at the most are GSCH. The rest are you guys, SOR, and the best pickup groups around. 

The thing we need to realize is Yes times will be tough in WvW. You've gotta have a backbone if you want to play competitively. Secondly you need to realize come late night and early morning you have a at most 40 people across all 4 maps trying to hold everything. Let me tell you thats quite a challenge. And with the White Swords getting removed this is going to thin us out even more. We will need to have scouts everywhere and that will reduce our warforce even more so. Plus nobody likes to scout, except Izmina. 

What I'm saying is right now, more than ever we need to put patience and forgiveness first and put our best foot forward, cut out the cancers from our community, and build a friendly community that doesn't have to worry about people telling one another to shutup. Players like that don't need to be in the inner circle. Yes they will still be in the server and yes they will do whatever the hell they want. You just need to plan around that and realize they will be doing that and you won't be able to rely on them ever. There are plenty of others that you can rely on.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:18 AM

"and you understand that leaving the server as many others before have only makes it worse? this is a cyclical thing, it needs to be broken. stand up, stay, fight for something. is quitting really the right answer? you would rather be a merc in someone elses army than stand up here? Just because a guild server transfers does not a clean slate make. The "old elitist WvW" guilds that left in T1 are still known and called out as ex-SoR. not as a badge of pride mind you. If that is the best thing for your players in your guilds to have fun then do it, I merely ask that you be sure you're making the decision for the appropriate reasons."

Kenlar, I have been on SoR for about 3 weeks.  In that 3 weeks I have heard over and over again that because I am a WvW player only that I am not welcome here (not me specifically) but that WvW guilds and players in general are not wanted on SoR.  I have been called elitist when I've done nothing but try to contribute to the community and work with everyone in WvW no matter what play style they prefer; as have other members of my guild, as well as Fire/Mega.  It really does sadden me because I can see the forest for the trees and I see the potential to build a very strong foundation here.  However the fact remains that because of the way people were treated in the old days, there is still a them vs. us mentality here.   And until that is broken down any people recruited for WvW will end up in the same place, going good for a while, but eventually wanting to transfer off because of feeling alienated by the overall community.

By:

Member of Mötley Crüe

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:37 AM

[quote]

Perhaps I can explain the thought process for leaving the server.

5. The large PvE guilds do not seem interested in moving into semi-organized WvW

You can nitpick at many of these points, but can you really say this line of thought is wrong?[/quote]

3. To be competitive in wvw organization is more important that just bodies. And this server is sorely lacking in productive organization due to the various guilds inability to work together for a common objective.

4. There is absolutely no incentive for the average player to hang out for any length of time in wvw. Other than map completion or karma, most players want to farm pve for their next "visually appealing" item. The current state of wvw on SoR and lack of coheshion amongst the many "regular" guilds, make it impossible to hook new or casual players into the fun that WvW can be.

5. Blame anet and EoTM 

6. See answer to #5

7. Until the server can find a unifying factor that rallies everyone to work on the same page, yes WvW on SoR is dead.

8. Or talk to the other WvW focused guilds currently still on SoR and identifying what needs to be changed vs what can be changed to make SoR more competitive. Do not include the pvx guilds or the ones who outright refuse to communicate regularly. Create a nucleus of same minded individuals and gradually absorb players/guilds that fit in and can produce results. Exclude everything/everyone that is a distraction. Come up with a gameplan you can use each week regardless of the matchups. The server tried using an inclusive method for rebuilding the SoR WvW and it failed. If its not part of the solution, its part of the problem. So why wouldn't Vex, MEGA, Bomb,etc try seeing what they can do as a nucleus. Trying to build a competitive mindset into people while saying "everyone is welcome" is just a recipe for disaster.

You end up with people in pve gear and builds getting steamrolled because they brought their uplevel on a reset night.

Every single game I have ever played that had a competitive style was never carebear friendly. It isn't supposed to be all inclusive, sure pve casuals are going to show up for map completion and what not. But they aren't ever supposed to be considered part of the fighting force. Competitive gaming is usually dominated by type A personality types, so its typically an environment that doesn't foster peace love and understanding.

It doesn't help that a large part of the WvW community on SoR keeps wanting to point out whats wrong and who is to blame when it should be more focused on how do we fix it.

Get small! Build a a working nucleus that can be the center regardless of any drama or new arrivals that may try disrupt the process. That way you can jettison them before it affects the core. Once you have a working core set of members/guilds expand from there. 

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:42 AM

I honestly have no idea who Nex is, because I've only interacted with a few of you on TS before, and not Nex, but it occurs to me that Nex is the problem. I don't give a kitten who his brother is, kick hiskittenout of TS if he does that. Honestly if that's how this server is, we allow someone to be a complete and total kittenbag just because he is a co-leader in a large guild and a site mod (not sure what server owner is, but he doesn't own the server I play on), then I don't blame you for leaving. If the problem is with Nex being an ass, then remove Nex. I'd rather lose the toxic person causing the issues than 2 large guilds that are trying to make everyone feel better every time he decides to go full infant.

- Charlie -

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:51 AM

I also agree with funnkinmofo. I keep seeing that Vex, Fire, Mega, Gsch all get along just fine. Is there a reason we can't take these 4 guilds and organize between us a force that can be competitive and work together in WvW? Remember I'm new to WvW on SoR, so this is a genuine question. Do we put up with behavior like Nex's just because pissing in his cherrios would force his entire guild to pull out of WvW? Has that guild already pulled out of WvW? Since the tourney, WvW has been a ghost town, but there were several peopl, Xivor included, who outfight stated they were taking a break. Are we sure the people who are causing issues haven't already jumped ship? If the toxic players are leaving, too, then why should the helpful guilds also leave?

- Charlie -

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:54 AM

Souldonkey, Nex is not the problem.  He was just the tip of the iceburg at that moment.  It was the boiling point when it finally was reached.

Funkinmofo, I think you are disillusioned.  There are no WvW guilds on SoR left, outside of 15 man VEX and 5 man BOMB.  All there is is PvX. So that destroys the majority of your argument. FIRE and MEGA are PvX guilds.  I am sorry, but according to your logic, our guild should not have a say.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:56 AM

Agreed that Nex isn't the primary problem. It's a ghost town out there and the people who are out there mostly refuse to coordinate.

---

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:59 AM

There are people out there?  Where?

By:

Kenlar.9745
   Member of Extreme Agony

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 11:59 AM

its a ghost town because of threads like this one.

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:00 PM

I see where you're coming from then. I'm really sorry to see you two go, and your guilds with you. Xivor, you're the one that got me into WvW, and Karoke you were always very helpful in WvW, so thank you both for giving it your best. I'm sorry that this didn't pan out the way you'd hoped. I still don't think transferring off SoR is the best decision, but I can certainly understand it and can't argue that WvW on SoR has felt like it's been dying a slow and painful death for a long while now. Maybe this is just how SoR's WvW dies. It really sucks, but it is what it is I suppose...

- Charlie -

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:03 PM

To be clear: MEGA has not decided to move off SoR and I am not going to make that decision alone. I'm giving my members a week to think about it and we'll discuss on Monday.

I'd be happy to let a member of SoR come in and advocate for why we stay. We already have somebody from SoS coming to advocate for that server.

---

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:09 PM

For all you guys out there I have been on this server for 2 years. i was a member of Choo. I am a hardcore wvw player so i guess i am under that "elitist" group. The server is dead because We have no WvW guilds aside from VEX and FIRE. Yes we had others GSCH being one of them. Once VEX and FIRE threw in the towel and started focusing on our guilds the ppt dropped and hasn't gone up since. Gil was on last night and did an excellent job out there. I am tired, I gave this server two years, i don't wanna leave but this isn't gonna work. My guild is losing members left and right because of this. No i don't see it as quitting considering i gave it my all. Im sorry for those who followed FIRE but we need to take care of ourselves. We do not get the support from other tags when we need it, no communication outside of VEX and MEGA and a couple small guilds. Im hurt by this, and im not the only one. 

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:17 PM

Actually, the tag on SoR BL last night was Scorch, not Gil. Scorch is our second commander, a recent transfer in from TC, and we are all very excited that he's joined us to command.

---

By:

Commander othlos.4508

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:21 PM

AH nice karaoke :D thats good to know!

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:34 PM

"and you understand that leaving the server as many others before have only makes it worse? this is a cyclical thing, it needs to be broken. stand up, stay, fight for something. is quitting really the right answer? you would rather be a merc in someone elses army than stand up here? Just because a guild server transfers does not a clean slate make. The "old elitist WvW" guilds that left in T1 are still known and called out as ex-SoR. not as a badge of pride mind you. If that is the best thing for your players in your guilds to have fun then do it, I merely ask that you be sure you're making the decision for the appropriate reasons."

VEX transferred here to help Sanctum of Rall and rebuild the community. We have fought our asses off for 2 months and seen almost nothing positive result from it. in fact, it is safe to say the community collapsed and further drifted away from working together as more groups felt alone on the battlefield. the ones who remained have been working together to the best of our ability, which would be VEX, FIRE, BOMB, MEGA, and a few times GSCH. in the end, we see when VEX leaves the maps... we lose everything.

this is proof...

9:29PM PDT 60,159 48,011 81,126 - - - - 5 2 1 70 1 1 - 15 - - - - - 85
9:14PM PDT 59,851 47,872 80,663 1 - - 5 3 2 - 35 2 1 - 20 - - - - - 60
8:59PM PDT 59,506 47,756 80,209 - 2 1 45 3 1 - 25 3 1 - 25 - - - - - 95
8:44PM PDT 59,126 47,646 79,816 2 2 1 55 2 - - 10 3 1 - 25 - - - - - 90
8:29PM PDT 58,703 47,539 79,432 3 2 1 60 2 - - 10 1 - - 5 - - - - - 75
8:14PM PDT 58,280 47,404 79,093 2 2 1 55 3 - - 15 2 1 - 20 - - - - - 90
7:59PM PDT 57,816 47,298 78,793 4 - 1 45 2 - - 10 3 - - 15 - - - - - 70
7:44PM PDT 57,312 47,180 78,524 3 - 1 40 2 1 - 20 4 - - 20 1 - - - 5 85
7:29PM PDT 56,778 47,093 78,228 2 - - 10 1 2 - 25 - - - - - - - - - 35
7:14PM PDT 56,233 47,019 77,894 - - - - 3 2 - 35 - - - - - - - - - 35
6:59PM PDT 55,819 46,963 77,459 - - - - 3 - 1 40 - - - - 1 1 - - 15 55
6:44PM PDT 55,485 46,830 77,024 1 1 - 15 3 - 1 40 1 - - 5 - 2 1 - 45 105
6:29PM PDT 55,226 46,624 76,529 3 1 - 25 1 - 2 55 - - - - 1 1 1 - 40 120
6:14PM PDT 54,931 46,475 76,082 4 - - 20 1 1 2 65 3 - - 15 1 - - - 5 105
5:59PM PDT 54,627 46,350 75,620 3 - - 15 1 2 2 75 - - - - 2 - - - 10 100
5:44PM PDT 54,317 46,218 75,169 2 - - 10 2 3 3 115 3 - - 15 - - - - - 140
5:29PM PDT 54,033 46,033 74,698 1 - - 5 2 4 3 125 1 - - 5 - 1 2 - 60 195
5:14PM PDT 53,881 45,801 74,143 - - - - 3 2 3 110 - - - - 1 2 2 - 75 185
4:59PM PDT 53,770 45,534 73,600 1 - - 5 2 3 2 90 1 - - 5 - 4 2 - 90 190
4:44PM PDT 53,629 45,248 73,142 1 - - 5 1 4 3 120 - - - - 1 4 2 1 130 255
4:29PM PDT 53,432 44,973 72,750 1 - - 5 1 4 3 120 1 - - 5 2 5 1 1 120 250
4:14PM PDT 53,221 44,694 72,339 1 - - 5 4 4 3 135 - - - - 2 5 1 - 85 225
3:59PM PDT 52,928 44,383 71,980 1 - - 5 6 4 3 145 1 - - 5 2 3 1 - 65 220
3:44PM PDT 52,559 44,121 71,701 2 - - 10 6 4 3 145 - - - - 1 - - - 5 160
3:29PM PDT 52,185 43,856 71,394 4 - - 20 4 1 3 105 2 3 1 65 1 2 - - 25 215
3:14PM PDT 51,890 43,521 71,182 5 - - 25 - 2 3 95 5 3 2 105 - 4 1 - 65 290
2:59PM PDT 51,576 43,151 71,015 2 - - 10 1 4 3 120 5 3 2 105 2 4 1 - 75 310
2:44PM PDT 51,253 42,788 70,755 - - - - 3 4 3 130 3 1 1 50 3 7 1 - 110 290
2:29PM PDT 50,952 42,378 70,555 - - - - 4 4 3 135 2 2 1 55 5 8 1 - 130 320
2:14PM PDT 50,673 42,007 70,295 - - - - 4 4 3 135 2 2 1 55 3 6 1 - 100 290
1:59PM PDT 50,412 41,633 69,992 - - - - 6 4 3 145 4 - 1 45 1 4 1 - 70 260
1:44PM PDT 50,194 41,324 69,536 1 - - 5 5 3 3 130 1 - - 5 1 1 1 - 40 180
1:29PM PDT 50,025 41,099 68,971 2 - - 10 6 2 2 100 1 - - 5 - 1 1 - 35 150
1:14PM PDT 49,907 40,978 68,318 1 - - 5 6 2 - 50 - - - - 1 1 - - 15 70
12:59PM PDT 49,807 40,911 67,586 2 - - 10 6 - - 30 1 - - 5 - - - - - 45
12:44PM PDT 49,656 40,861 66,898 2 - - 10 5 - - 25 1 1 - 15 - - - - - 50
12:29PM PDT 49,496 40,789 66,191 2 - - 10 - 1 - 10 2 1 - 20 1 - - - 5 45
12:14PM PDT 49,353 40,703 65,494 2 - - 10 2 2 - 30 2 - - 10 - - - - - 50
11:59AM PDT 49,155 40,567 64,880 2 - - 10 2 3 2 90 - - - - - - - - - 100

this is the result of WvW before, during, and after VEX's sunday raid. Sunday's are usually our off days... So we get to see all of our hard work go down the drain...

Why should anyone feel encouraged to go out there knowing everything they put into WvW goes to waste. All for nothing. Why should we feel inspired to continue to fight through this?! There is no help for us who fight.

But shouldn't we recruit to make up for this lack of people? We've tried. Within the server, from other servers, from within gw2... Sanctum of Rall has lost everything that would appeal to a person willing to transfer. It is a graveyard in WvW. I really hope the PvE center of the server is doing well, because from my point of view that is all SoR has to offer...

honestly, i will speak for me and my guild. We did our best. We did all we could, but we cant do everything. i do not know how to ask and get help with having other groups to volunteer to help. so i will second this train of thought...

Like other guilds who are contemplating this, it's not easy. we came for a home...only to see it crash before we could help. i know other people and guilds wanted the same for SoR. However, speaking for my group... it's just not home when you feel like everything here is out of place and there's no one to welcome you. since my brand of fun isnt fun to anyone else, i can understand why people do not welcome me. i do not understand however, why i should be called a coward for leaving and not trying when VEX is listed on the schedule to run every day but saturday... i strongly feel like some people are not aware of what goes on in WvW and who is out there fighting in the name of the server.

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:38 PM

"To be clear: MEGA has not decided to move off SoR and I am not going to make that decision alone. I'm giving my members a week to think about it and we'll discuss on Monday.

I'd be happy to let a member of SoR come in and advocate for why we stay. We already have somebody from SoS coming to advocate for that server."

Honestly, Karaoke, I don't think that's going to be possible at this point. My main argument to stay would be that there are still good people here willing to work together and build a good community, but with Fire leaving I'm not sure that's true anymore. If Fire leaves, how long before Vex follows, or any of the other guilds that have followed Fire in the past? I'd love for your guild to stay, but I can't give you any reasons to at this point. At least none that you haven't already read in this thread. I would like to still think it'd be possible to work together to build a good community here, but with SoR hemorrhaging guilds, I just don't see that happening. : (

- Charlie -

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:43 PM

That's sort of the point. The community we have, or at least a large part of it, looks like it'll be moving. To maintain that community, MEGA will have to move as well.

The awful thing is that we like all you guys. We don't want to leave. We're being forced to choose between guilds like FIRE and VEX on one hand and GSCH and EG on the other. Sadly, server matters only for WvW and we WvW with the former guilds, not the latter guilds.

---

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:46 PM

Another thing that's occurred to me, I keep seeing a lot of posts about how everyone's hard work is negated because the objectives they fought for end up being flipped the next time they log in. I've seen that as well, I've spent entire evenings building up a keep to T3 pretty much by myself. Escorting yaks, keeping the supply camps ours so I can keep the supply flowing into the keep, queuing the upgrades as they become available, etc., only to have that keep belong to another server the next day. It seems like a coverage issue to me, tbh. We have a decent amount of people, but the problem is we all play during similar times, leaving our off hours severely lacking in manpower. The past month or 2 that I've been getting more into WvW I've noticed a pattern in when people log on or out. I typically jump on to start playing at around 9:30 CST, and I'm done around midnight-1 AM. By the time midnight roles around, the TS and all the maps are ghost towns. There seems to be a skeleton crew running around doing their best, but ever other server we face seems to have much more people during those off hours than us. Between 1am CST and roughly 7-8am CST we seem to pretty consistently lose everything.

Not sure if that's actually the case or what, but it's something that I've observed. 

- Charlie -

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:50 PM

"I keep seeing a lot of posts about how everyone's hard work is negated because the objectives they fought for end up being flipped the next time they log in. I've seen that as well, I've spent entire evenings building up a keep to T3 pretty much by myself. Escorting yaks, keeping the supply camps ours so I can keep the supply flowing into the keep, queuing the upgrades as they become available, etc., only to have that keep belong to another server the next day. It seems like a coverage issue to me, tbh."

i'm not talking about next day... I am talking about 15 minutes after i tag down...

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:51 PM

My guild plays during NA prime, mostly from the hours of 6pm until midnight. During those times, according to the chart above, we went from 310 PPT down to about 85. Neutral is about 230-235 PPT.

---

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:53 PM

VEX took a 5 minute break.  I got a BOWL OF ICE CREAM and we lost BAY/GARRI both t3 keeps and hills was under attack.  I didn't know that VEX taking a 5 minute break would be so devastating.

Council Master of VEX
User submitted image

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:57 PM

VEX, the same is true for most of us that field. Look at my event times, as soon as GSCH signs off everything gets taken. This is not due to lack of trying, this is due to lack of coverage. We REALLY need to stop thinking we are a T1 server with 24/7 coverage. That simply isn't the case and hasn't been for a while. What you should be looking at is when you stepped on the field you had nothing, when you left it you had something. YOU made a bloody big difference on the maps you covered. Thats where Sanctum of Rall should focus, not on the war, but on the battles we're able to fight. We are not going to have 24/7 coverage until we stop playing like we do and realize that we can make a difference in the timeframes we do have coverage. Everything else? Who cares? You weren't there to see it and tomorrow you'll have plenty of progress to see. We aren't a T1 server anymore guys, we need to adapt our goals and bring them more in line with the reality of the situation. IMO we've done exceptionally well given what we have. Having FIRE, MEGA (Possibly), VEX and IMPS leave will definitely hit us and prove this very truth. As long as we focus on the score at the end of the week we will be disappointed. Instead focus on the score when you're on the battlefield and the progress you bring to the table. I pride myself on the fact that there has only been 1 night in 46 events where my presence didn't make a difference. It's the battles that keep me going not the final score at the end of the week.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:57 PM

Lu Mai, Ice Cream is the bane of our existence. That is known. Menchies anyone?

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 12:59 PM

Right. We're not a T1 server. But we're not fighting T1 servers. We're fighting T7 servers and LOSING BADLY.

---

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:01 PM

"i'm not talking about next day... I am talking about 15 minutes after i tag down..."

Well, same basic concept. You tag down to leave for the night, and everyone who was running with you leaves too, leaving the map unprotected (not YOU in particular, I'm using the royal you here to generalize, just so I'm clear). That's when everything gets flipped. On several occasions I've been in home BL (where I spend most of my WvW time) and had tons of support. A 15-20 man roaming group is there to help defend/come to my aid if I call for it (note: I scout more than I do anything else), and there's typically a group on EB doing stuff there as well. Then, suddenly, that main group's commander leaves for the night because he's already been on for X hours (understandable) and the rest of his group slowly trickles out as well. Then all of a sudden I see Hills flip, then Garri shortly after. Then I see a huge enemy group running towards Bay where I'm upgrading/defending so I c all out in map for help and 2 people show up. I call for help in ccoms and get no response, so I look at TS and there's 6 people on in a guild channel. I whisper the commander who was in EB and either get a "user not logged in" error, or a response like "There's only about 6 of us here and we're defending the keep, sorry."

Whether it's 15 minutes or next day, my point stands that it feels like a lack of coverage more than a lack of support. Having more guilds leave is only going to make that issue worse. I'm not saying this to get you all to stay because, quite frankly, I don't know how to fix the issue. I'm just stating what I've seen. If you all leave, WvW on SoR WILL die. If you stay, it MIGHT die. But, like Karaoke said, you have to stick with your friends in a case like this. I just met you all, and I don't WvW as often as you do, so I have no good reasons for you to stay. I'm just voicing my opinion because megaservers made PvE worlds irrelevant and, if you all leave, WvW on this server is dead so there will really be no reason to join SoR. I'm just sad to see my home go up in flames when I have no way to stop it. I wish there was something that could be done, but I'm afraid it's too late...

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 13:03:59

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 13:05:28

- Charlie -

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:02 PM

Fog, this summer, when we were running solid T6, we had coverage.  We had EU, NA, late NA (at least in EB), and OCX.  We only lacked SEA, which our competition largely lacked, too.  This is why we were able to remain competative against DH and stayed relatively close against DH/GoM initially.  We were on the rise. Perfect coverage, no.  But coverage nonetheless.  Go out there now on a random 3am excursion and tell me how many people you sill see.  We used to average 20-30 on TS overnight.  Now, we average...zero.  So no, coverage was not the problem.  It was fixing itself, because that was when people were working together.  Guilds were working together.  FX was out there on overnight, along with EG, MCG, and GSCH.  Now, no one. Yes, NOW coverage is the issue.  But it wasn't the issue until the toxic community started pushing people out the door.

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:09 PM

"But it wasn't the issue until the toxic community started pushing people out the door."

Agreed, it really only seemed to become an issue during the tournament. I don't know why that first week of the tournament pushed so many people out, but that's when I noticed the most dramatic decline in overnight coverage. It was one week people, come on. And it was against our two HARDEST opponents at the SAME kittenING TIME. I agree with Xivor on the point of people just jumping ship way to early, that pissed me off. We started off so strong in the tourney and then people just bounced...

- Charlie -

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:15 PM

"VEX, the same is true for most of us that field. Look at my event times, as soon as GSCH signs off everything gets taken. This is not due to lack of trying, this is due to lack of coverage. We REALLY need to stop thinking we are a T1 server with 24/7 coverage."

so what about when we move maps to recap or defend? we sacrifice an entire map (or even the other side of the same map). Someone told me this isn't a coverage issue... It's a population issue. and i agree. this isn't about coverage. OCX and SEA we will lose everything. EU we try, but we wont get a high ppt. we are expected to have resistance in NA, but our NA like OCX, SEA and sometimes EU are a ghost town. so what happens when all times zones are nearly vacant? it comes down to the population. youre talking about 5-15 should be okay with battles won. Our small group is doing amazing! but who cares? clearly no one, bc we should be inspiring a group of 5-15 to do the same! no one is impressed. if our work is in vain, then why are we pulling the time and effort. we are here to make SoR competitive.

i would go in depth, but i would be repeating what i just said.

By:

Member of Mötley Crüe

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:24 PM

Funkinmofo, I think you are disillusioned.  There are no WvW guilds on SoR left, outside of 15 man VEX and 5 man BOMB.  All there is is PvX. So that destroys the majority of your argument. FIRE and MEGA are PvX guilds.  I am sorry, but according to your logic, our guild should not have a say.

Thats the point of starting small and building a core set of wvw-centric players. Once you have the nucleus you can filter in the wvw players from the PVX guilds without having to rely on their PVE members for numbers. If you want to draw other future wvw players to SoR you need people who actually enjoy WvW as their primary game style. 

You are also forgetting that there are quite a few dedicated WvW players that come out as individuals. I can check guild panel for Seriously Over Rated at any given time and at least 5 members are somewhere in WvW. 

You proved my point though. Looking at the problem and not the solution. By your count there is roughly 20 people playing WvW as their primary form of entertainment. While my count puts it at closer to 40. And yes 40 is by no means a huge number, but if that 40 became organized and focused it could be a force to rekon with in t7 . I am not saying your guild shouldn't have a say. I was stating the obvious though: They should be taking their queue from the guilds/people who focus on WvW. They will have more perspective and will have more of an incentive to see WvW succeed. Where the PVX driven playerbase will always have PVE to fallback on.

Everyone talks about tournament results and ranks etc. To me it makes more sense to just make WvW more focused (proper builds/tactics) and fun regardless of the kitten tier. The other thing that needs to be looked into is education, and I don't mean wvw training sessions. I mean posts/videos about the basics and fundamentals so that PVX guild leaders have a resource they can point their members to. (Knowledge is power)

Yes this site has a tactics and build section as well as Training and questions section. They are disorganized and not maintained so that they are really of no use whatsoever to someone new to WvW. Yet other servers provide their players with easy to follow guides on just about everything. Example One

There are other ways to help players by providing information. Not a lot of people on, why not jump on your zerk thief or zerk war and solo camps before swords appear...don't know where to stand when soloing a camp, simple check the guide posted in the tactics section. (if it was there) You could include why it is such an important thing to do and also include why it benefits them personally to do it.

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:27 PM

I believe we were made fun of earlier in this thread for our training events because "training isn't fun."

---

By:

adahilia.3678

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:38 PM

Yes, Karaoke exactly.  Every single reach out to the community on how we can cope with where we are and how we can processed forward that has been posted has either outright been rejected, laughed at, or ignored by the main community.  As I said before the only people on board with it were VEX, FIRE and MEGA.  Everyone else pretty much said gtfo with that.  You think when we are being over run with so many groups we can't keep up, then come to the forums and call for help from our community we do it for our health, for shiggles?  No these are people that genuinely cared about the community and its impact on wvw.  Why is it that we only see an outpouring from the rest of the community when people are going to leave?  I really don't get it.

Keep in mind every time you press B, and see us ticking 30 then decide to go do a dungeon instead it has an impact on your community.  You see every time you make that decision you further hurt the community.   How does a community degrade so much in such a short period of time?  "We'll get it back later", "Someone else will do it.", "so and so starts run at x time, they will take care of it."  My question is, why?  Why now?  Why, after Xivor, Karoke and so many others have tried for so long do people want to reach out now?

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 13:39:39

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 13:46:43

» Edited on: 2014-10-28 13:51:39

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:40 PM

I saw one post that said training wasn't fun, and even then that person said to MAKE it fun, not that trainings shouldn't be done. Also, that's one person, not everyone. I also found the training events that I participated in quite fun.

- Charlie -

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:44 PM

"Everyone else"

This term is being used way  to often and way too loosely in this thread. Because SOME people dislike training or don't support plans to move forward does not mean ALL people feel this way. I post on the forums when I feel it is necessary to voice my opinion. When I see a training schedule or a post about new tactics (Vex's upgrade strategy post comes to mind) I don't post on that thread, I just absorb the info and utilize it in game. I didn't realize I had to post on every single thread "+1" just to show that I cared. I didn't realize this was Facebook where I have to like everything everyone posts. Just because it's not being commented on doesn't mean it's not being read/used. 

- Charlie -

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 01:59 PM

"Why now?" you ask? See aforementioned house burning down image, that's "why now". With VEX, FIRE, and MEGA all pretty able to work together, I thought we'd begun a rebuilding phase and that eventually everything would be better again. If those 3 leave, it's over. SoR's WvW will officially be dead, and likely won't be able to be repaired. I'm speaking up because I don't want to see that happen.

- Charlie -

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:01 PM

The VEX Upgrade strat that was proven effective during reset for the EBG crew who used it properly was strongly disliked and shunned by KOGS. Since KOGS turned away from the idea, it was dismissed. i later had that thread deleted bc ppl spoke out against it. in fact i was told specifically... "Who are you!? Who is VEX, to tell us what we NEED to do to do well...???" But the groups that used these tactics correctly noticed the ability to defend easier. Granted this was ONE group...but the many ppl that followed them agreed with their opinions, and even at one point... there were people telling VEX they WANTED to see us gone bc of the terrible things we did to SoR, when all we tried to do was help. perhaps all this SoR imploding is our fault, so maybe it is our time to leave so the server can prevail as Fog says. ;)

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:06 PM

ACD, KOGS is gone, they don't speak for the rest of us. 

so maybe it is our time to leave so the server can prevail as Fog says. ;)

When the heck did i say that? Ive always liked working with you guys and reading your posts. where did i say this server would be better without you? 

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:06 PM

""Why now?" you ask? See aforementioned house burning down image, that's "why now". With VEX, FIRE, and MEGA all pretty able to work together, I thought we'd begun a rebuilding phase and that eventually everything would be better again. If those 3 leave, it's over. SoR's WvW will officially be dead, and likely won't be able to be repaired. I'm speaking up because I don't want to see that happen."

Why now? Because us the 3 have already tried our hardest to push and work together. We couldn't grow from that. No one wanted to join our groups in advancing SoRs WvW force, bc it wasnt fun to do it like we do it. 

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:07 PM

Well, then screw KOGS, lol. I used YOUR strat and it was significantly easier to defend with canons being built earlier. Not to mention that canons and WP are in the same line so getting that WP up ASAP is a huge priority for me anyway.I'm sorry some people disagreed with you, and outright shunned you for trying something new, but that's sort of my point as well. We NEED fresh ideas and people willing to try them, not people who stick to the same plan because it's "what we've always done". Guess what, "what we've always done" ain't friggin working! If we can unite behind new strategies that actually WORK (I'm assuming you would agree that if your strat DIDN'T work you would have no problems admitting such and trying something else), and unite as a server to implement them then we can make a difference. If guilds aren't willing to change, then kitten'em, make THEM transfer. That might just be my IT background speaking, since I hate when users tell me they don't want to change because it's "what they've always done". I don't give a kitten if your access 97 database running on windows xp works for YOU, you need to change, kitten it!

- Charlie -

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:09 PM

"No one wanted to join our groups in advancing SoRs WvW force, bc it wasnt fun to do it like we do it. "

Again with the generalizations. KOGS didn't want to join you. Well, where is KOGS now? I DO want to join your force,  that's why I'm posting here. See my above post for my opinions on people who don't want to change because they're stubborn (read: stupid).

- Charlie -

By:

Commander Foghladha.2506

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:11 PM

VEX, Personally I am thankful for you guys sharing your time with us. I had a blast running maps with you guys. I knew you always had my back. I hate to see anyone was giving you that much kitten. I thought your plan was well thought out personally and have my crew using it most the time. I'm not sure where something I said was construed to be against you guys. That was not my intent and I very much appreciate you guys being here. KOGS I have some choice words about but VEX and BOMB are 2 groups that transfered here recently that I have a lot of respect for. I will be sad to see you guys go if that ends up being the choice.

Benjamin Foghladha

By:

Commander timmyf.1490

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:20 PM

It was unfair of me to pick on the one person here who wasn't thrilled with the idea of training. The fact is, in general, there are DOZENS of players on this server who want to do precisely whatever they feel like doing and consider suggestions to do otherwise a horrible thing.

Look at conversations we've had in the past about having too many Rangers. Or too many staff Guardians auto-attacking. Or too many people on a tag. Or whatever.

We say, "Look, we need to do <X> to get better" and people respond with "Don't tell me to do <X>! Play how I want!" And look, that's fine. But that means that people who want to perform well will find somewhere else to play. With less people, performance suffers. And then people who want to perform okay (but can tolerate some derping) will find somewhere else to play. With less people, performance suffers. And then people who can tolerate a lot of losing so long as there's some high points will find somewhere else to play. With less people, performance suffers. And then people who just want to not spend their entire gaming cycle losing structures will find somewhere else to play.

It snowkitten.

I feel like we've made a couple strong attempts to break that cycle. I don't think FIRE has any more in them. I don't think VEX has any more in them. MEGA certainly can't do it with our numbers.

So who's going to save WvW on this server?

---

By:

Commander acdspydar.8920

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 02:28 PM

""No one wanted to join our groups in advancing SoRs WvW force, bc it wasnt fun to do it like we do it. "

Again with the generalizations. KOGS didn't want to join you. Well, where is KOGS now? I DO want to join your force,  that's why I'm posting here. See my above post for my opinions on people who don't want to change because they're stubborn (read: stupid)."

it wasnt just KOGS... why didnt EG want to contribute? HALO claims to 5 man t3 keep? Where were they? i didn't see FX follow us... RA didnt give a kitten about what we did. IMPS didnt work with us, we had to work with them. GSCH was easy enough to work with and the same with MEGA, but how often were they out there during our raid times? I only saw FIRE match not even 50% of VEXs 9-12hr raid times. I am not blaming anyone. We all have our differences in what we want out of the game... But saying SoR has a WvW scene is a lie! we were out there 9-12hrs monday-friday and saw what our presence was. we had alot of fun working with people we did get a chance to work with, but i know alot of us are tired of being alone on the field with so few allies...

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 04:22 PM

I've been ignored by all of them as well, so I can see your point. I hate that this is happening because all the guilds I want to stay are planning on leaving, but I honestly don't blame any of you. If I was more WvW focused, I'm sure I'd leave too. Hell, I'll try to keep in touch with some of you after you do leave to find out where you end up. With PvE no longer being dependent on world maybe I'll join you eventually...

- Charlie -

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 04:49 PM

All bickering aside, there comes a time when enough is enough.  What has happened with the community cannot be changed.  Coming from the onslaught of the elitism of T1 SoR WvW guilds, once they left, many others still were extremely apprehensive about a WvW community.  And, this WvW community we strived to build centered mainly around PvX guilds initially with some new WvW guilds that were formed on the server.  Then we received a couple transfers that were looking for a strong community.  The same thing FIRE wants.

But, all that has collapsed.  As War Council, I think I did my job to the best of my ability.  I can argue that there was a lack of effort from others on the War Council, but we all have real lives and pointing fingers will get me nowhere.  In fact, it can be argued that I put myself TOO much into the role. But to see the community crumble, fielding issue upon issue with KOGS vs VEX, KOGS vs RA, RA vs everyone, Bowtiger vs Peanut, EG vs iQ, Zababa vs Aoibheann, EG vs PF, PF vs RA, PF vs everyone, Kitty vs the world, Ghost Engineer, Bad Steve & his epic spying for DR, Euphoria and his recruiting for DR while on SoR, Zero and recruiting for JQ on our SoR TS, and much, much more.

But, I managed through all that..painfully.  But I watched the decline of the server.  Guilds stopped working together because they had underlying hate for each other. Leaders couldn't just let bygones be bygones, but they held grudges that ate them away. Instead of working to overcome problems, they just masked them and played the passive aggressive role against those they disliked.  Eventually, things just crumbled.  And when that happened, the casuals were gone, EG was out of WvW, and all that was left on the battlefield was GSCH, VEX, BOMB, FIRE (3 raids a week), and MEGA (2-3 raids I think a week?). These guilds cannot cover it.  VEX pulls their weight for a guild that fields 5-10 at a time. BOMB pulls their weight for a guild that fields 5 at a time.

Fairweather players do not engage in WvW unless the state of the world is already in their favor.  Our PPT is steadily in the 200's, we are close in scores, or other similar things.  The thing about fairweathers is that they are only there when things are on their terms.  Once the going gets tough, they roll out and do PvE activities.  These are the casuals that we see that are not in these other named guilds.  And there are many on SoR, too.  From many other guilds.  90% of them have never been on our community TS...and most refuse to participate on our community TS. It is what it is.  That will never change.  Without a driving force on SoR that can cover at least 50% of the time with decent PPT, SoR will not get fairweather support.  It is the nature of the beast.  You would think that people would want to help when we are hurting, but it is exactly the opposite.

So, FIRE is stumbling here. We have already lost 5 members that did not want to be on SoR and want to be elsewhere.  That if 5 less people we will have in WvW when we are fielding roughly 15 at a time. Sure, our numbers have a variety of different people each time, but we are still going to take a hit in activity. And transferring will hit us a little bit, too, from the casual WvW players in our PvX guild.  Not everyone that does WvW will transfer. For some, the personal cost investment is not worth it for asomething they do casually.  We know this.  But they will still be a part of the guild and down the road, they may come, because we will be farming like crazy to help them transfer. I am farming like crazy now, not because I need the transfer costs, but because I want to help my guildies so we stay together.

We are worn out trying to save a ship from sinking.  There comes a time where we need to cut our losses, as painful as it is.  And trust me, this move for many of us is extremely painful.  Some of us have been tied to this server since the beginning and it meant a lot for us to be here.  But for our happiness, and the stability and cohesion of our guild, we need a WvW community that will actually have people in it, more than the 25 NA prime we have now. WvW takes hundreds of people to find success. We are a fraction of the success of a server. I wish I can take SoR to the top.  But I cannot. We cannot carry the server to victory on SoR.  No guild can. No guild can successfully carry an entire server, unless it was a 500 man active multi-time-zone guild that did nothing but WvW 24/7.

Though I have been very much antagonistic, forward/blunt, even almost spiteful lately, I hold no hard feelings against any of the remaining groups here.  In fact, I ask for your forgiveness for giving up, both as War Council and also as a guild leader on this server.  Leaving is hard, but it has to happen. I will miss many of you all that I have seen on the battlefield, but I know that there are also other great groups that we have never had the opportunity to experience that we may have fun with as well on some other server. We will still be around because we still need to figure out where we are going and farm up the transfer gold for some of our members. By all means, feel free to pop on TS and chat, but please do not try to convince us to stay.  A decision was painfully made, and we just want to leave in peace, rather than have it be a painful exit.

Until I am off this server, I will still engage myself with everyone on this website, on TS, and anywhere else the remaining community exists.  I cannot guarantee activity in WvW, however, as we really need to make gold right now, and WvW for us is a goldsink. 

By:

Replied On: 10/28/2014 at 07:51 PM

I see your point Xivor, and Acd and Karaoke. I haven't been here long enough to sacrifice like you guys have so I only have your stories to go on and from what I see, it's honestly amazing you've stayed this long. It sucks to see you go, but you gotta do what's best for your people. Good luck with everything. I hope your new home, wherever it will be, is as good to you as SoR could/should have been.

- Charlie -

By:

Replied On: 10/29/2014 at 09:59 AM

Was just looking through old forum posts and I have a question. What happened to this? 

http://sanctumofrall.com/discussion/sor_wvw/post_44653.html

3 months ago we were able to pull a 695 PPT tick from our overnight crew? Overnight is when I've seen the least coverage/lowest PPT as of recent, so what happened here? Did we lose an overnight guild? Did the overnight crew of an existing guild leave? Or did T6 just beat us up so bad that people left? I'm genuinely curious about this, as this happened shortly before I got involved in WvW and I've NEVER seen an awesome PPT overnight.

- Charlie -

By:

Commander xivor.8754

Replied On: 10/29/2014 at 10:06 AM

Our overnight crew consisted of several key North American players that rearranged their schedules around to stay up overnight instead of sleeping.  But, we also did lose some players that also did overnight, too.  Our overnight was not heavy, but our enemies had worse coverage.  We were fighting servers that had maybe 5-7 people overnight, and we had 10-20.  We night-capped.  But, other servers have bolstered their numbers and activity coming out of the tournament, where SoR declined.  Our people mostly stopped doing WvW overnight, and some transferred off the server.

By:

Commander LuMai.5034

Replied On: 10/29/2014 at 11:17 AM

Wheres NEX at to flip on priority speaker and stop this from becoming a kittenfest lmao.  For real though I have enjoyed my time spent on SoR things looked real promising when we got here but the tourny put to much stress on the casuals I believe.  As VEX is a hardcore wvw guild we will not survive in this environment where the wvw is seen as a break from PvE. I believe somewhere earlier in this thread FOG said he was focusing on his guild an that's what VEX needs to do we need a place where we can grow and thrive as a wvw guild instead of propping up a servers wvw community and burning out eventually. We've already lost a couple members due to SoRs wvw. I hope everyone understands I still love all the friends I made here and I know we'll be in contact in the future.

Council Master of VEX
User submitted image

By:

Replied On: 10/29/2014 at 11:28 AM

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation Xivor.

- Charlie -

By:

Commander Arow Strike.8321
   Member of We Immortals

Replied On: 10/30/2014 at 08:20 AM

From this post what i love is how from a "hey guys we have been hit hard lets pick our selfs up and do the best we can" it became a finger pointing match. Yes some guilds are leaving the server mine included and I being on SOR since day 1 and had chosen with my other family members to make SOR my home because of the history of why it was made. i am hurt with how this community has fallen down in the past week yes some people have done wrong things some more than others but i believe what has happend is in some way everyone's fault and calling people cowards, telling them what to do with their guilds and asking them to "stay and fight" in my humble opinion is disrespectful, and not helping this community grow the way it should have already. I am a member of FIRE and our reasons for leaving have a lot to do with how WVW has been as of late and for a 15-25 man group from fire(on a good day) being the only force on all of WVW is too much stress and responsibility to be placed on one guild.

Yes VEX MEGA BOMB and other small guilds are out there every day also but between fire mega vex bomb how many people is that on a good day 30-35? that is the reason some of our guilds are leaving. not because we want "easy wins" not because we want to be on a higher tier, all we want is a more wvw oriented community that wont be perfect but has presence and the desire  to grow in wvw which we don't have here on SOR we  DO NOT hate any one on this server, we certainly would stay if there was a better more dedicated wvw community but sadly there isn't. so if everyone could agree in dropping this finger pointing blaming system we have right now and for the sake of friendship and peace just put our past behind us understand the guilds that are going to transfer wish us good luck in our travels and hope all goes well for both people. come on we are way better than this...

PS excuse my english it isn't my first language.

-ED [FIRE]

By:

Commander iTater.4209
   Member of Pink Quaggan Squad

Replied On: 11/01/2014 at 05:32 AM

The thing about night capping, and this was something that I did frequently a few months ago, is that it requires people to be coordinated, it requires that there be little to no resistance, and it most of the time involves people who dedicate their night times to playing a game as opposed to getting rest. If you want to save time, don't read the next paragraph and skip to the next one.

Here's an example of what changed for me personally, besides simply changing servers - I have started studying technical theater at college which involves me being there in class for 8 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays and other days of the week as required for various projects, such as a short narrative film we are creating. One of my three jobs is for a Catholic church, which requires me to work there on Saturdays and Sundays working at a sound board. My second job is every day of the week in the afternoons working in the scene shop at my college creating sets and sound engineering for the plays and other performances that they put on. My new job requires me to be on call during the week, and typically involves being called for an entire day, 9AM to 10PM is what I'm doing this Sunday.

What this all basically means is that I haven't been home to see my family, get more than 6 hours of sleep, or be on the computer for a reasonable amount of time. People get tired, and people change as do their schedules.

What I have to add to the discussion is that you need to include people into your group before you can expect to run with that group. You need to run with other groups, especially when you plan to lead, so that you can learn cool strategies that aren't posted online - very little are, and that's because if they're open on the webs, people know what the plan involves and a good way to counter it. It not only bolsters their group, but you become familiar with them and their strategies. A leader is nothing without someone following him. From my experience, there are always those who will leave after you wipe even once, but it's those who follow you through the thick and thin that make the difference not only to you, but to the server.

And always remember to thank people for what they do, no matter what it is.

Professor Bannister, engineer

This site is a Gaiscioch Production with the support of the Sanctum of Rall server community. Site Produced by Benjamin "Foghladha" Foley [Foghladha.2506].
This site was built to commemorate and honor the life of Roger "Oldroar" Rall. It is open to the community but under constant moderation. Any use of this site which is deemed unbecoming of an honorable community member is strictly prohibited. No trolling, no trash talking, no bashing, no swearing. Please keep this site open, friendly and welcoming to all members of the Sanctum of Rall server community.

The contents of this site are Copyright © 2012-2024 by: Benjamin Foley. All Rights Reserved